• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Idea: Genre ?, FFA/Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
This is the section to post game concepts, right?

Start: Host picks FFA, or teams of 2. Afterwards, each player picks their hero out of a few choices. Heroes only have an aura, and a single active skill. Your hero spawns in an area with a mixed group of units

Gameplay: At Multiple places across the map there are bases, that at certain intervals, spawn units for whoever owns the mini-base. You control a base by stepping on the circle of power. Each base spawns it's own type of unit. Game ends when everyone elses hero dies. In team mode, after everyone else loses their hero, the two remaining players are unallied. At the center of the map, there is a fort, that in addition to being very hard to take if you don't own it, spawns both siege engines and revives your hero after a 30 second cooldown. If your hero is killed without you owning the fort, all your units either 1: go to your ally, or 2: dissapear. Units spawn at the bases in one minute intervals.

Do you like?

Level 21
The concept sounds good, it's a harsh deathpenalty though, but if the gameplay is right, it might just work...

Perhaps add a few graveyards on the map that act like bases, but instead of spawning units, it revives your hero after 1 minute (if the base is still controled by then)...

Also: some spells might be very annoying for this type of game... For instance: many people would probably choose the windwalking hero, as he has larger survival chances...

Last edited:
Level 3
It would be pure custom heroes. No hero would have windwalk. example active spells: Flamestrike, blizzard, chain lightning, etc. The graveyard idea sounds good

Level 3
I was thinking about working on it alone, but you could help. Currently, i'm working on the terrain. I like the tutorials here.

Level 3
I was thinking general towns, But that idea could be worked into the monster den. Or, i could make an entirely different area for units like that. I think i'll call in the nature grove. Thanks MoCo for the idea.:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 11
or use it for a version down the road, all night elves, instead of humans lol.

If it's instant base take over kinda be switching bases very quickly, I think maybe like a 10+ second take over, have to be in circle of power 10+ seconds.

another idea, each base has something unique, each base type. Like one would be graveyard type. One base would give some stronger, units under your control with a time limit, another would allow your unit to jump onto a gryphon, or some flying unit, then you have no attack except a bomb ability which you can use on structures only(other bases). Then maybe another one that allows you to have a ranged attack temporarily.

I've seen similar maps of this type, not exactly, but pretty close. So you need to try to get some unique concepts in =D

When you say custom heros, mean models, or literally just a custom hero in editor, no import unit models?

Also said you are working on terrain and checking the forums, guessing your a bit new to terraining. Some basic things, avoid cliff tiles if possible, and try to import tree models(very small size) use elevation tools and plateu to quickly raise but suggest not living corners like what would be at top of plateu and complete flat ground. Since no cliffs use doodads to block units, purple and black boxes, just some rocks, or walls in doodads.

Level 3
I know about that, i have read the tutorial called "The Ultimate Beginners Terrain Tutorial". Heroes, no imported models. Fort is using imported models though. I was thinking about the timer idea. Watchtowers would be standard of a base, but they would be vulnerable. You could buy peasents at any village that would be able to build watchtowers, and also be able to repair them. The Fort would have its own special towers. The Towers would instantly respawn for the capturer if the base was captured. Graveyards have been made, they sell Ankhs of various strengths. Ankhs cost 50, 500, 1000, 1500 from weakest to strongest. Only way to get gold would be bounty. Items would be the main way to improve your hero.:spell_breaker:

Level 4
If you won't count the already-built towers then the bases which are most wanted will transfer very much, and every time you will transfer there comes 4 more towers... In the end, it would be no idea even thinking about attacking those bases.

Anyway, I heard you needed a triggerer. I may help you, I'm an average triggerer. PM me if you need my help in anything.

Level 11
what i got out of him is that, i''m gussing, everytime someone takes the base there will be default structures, but custom built structures will be removed. i may have miss-interpreted though.

Level 3
Well, we both hate green. Blue is pretty good actually. I should get the laptop back soon. I only have WC3 on our laptop because i can't find the CD case. It stinks. :sad: But at least I will get it back this afternoon! :thumbs_up:

Level 11
AHHHHHH Do you guys even know anything about mtg, except the colors and they are cards? I've noticed non mtg players have the mana sigs, not true players... usually.

Level 3
mtg is magic the gathering, and is a card game. you play the basic color cards and summon monsters. monsters usually have a special ability. There. but i don't play it.

Level 3
Deathwind, i'm gonna post the map so you can do the triggering. I made the custom units. You only need to do the gameplay triggering.

Attachments

• Triangle of Power.w3x
    420.5 KB · Views: 53
Level 4
I've been a bit busy, but I've looked through the map and I know what triggers are needed. I'll actually start the triggering tomorrow, because I got to go on a dinner with family today :(

Cya, I'll send messages in different parts and ask some things about the map if I need to.

Level 3
Actually, i think I'm fine. Spawning at 12:00 game time and having it always start at 0:00 game time would make reinforcements something to sort of celebrate. I'm gonna make day last a long time compared to night though.

Level 4
Actually it would be a great idea, but my opinion is that if they spawn every day 12 game time, you must have short days and nights, both, like 1min/day sounds a bit short and You could make some units that are stronger on night and some on the day. But if You would make each day about 1 min, it wouldn't be any difference because you would have very small time to attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.