• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Need ideas for Naga techtree...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Quoting myself from another thread:

Few ideas for naga, I once had my own take on them, but that was long ago. I don't remember all the details, but still, I was pretty proud of it back in the day.

Anyway, Naga ought to have sea giants and hydras, they just fit them too well. The other creeps from the Sunken Ruins tileset can be recycled pretty safely as well. I would also discard the royal guard and the summoner, since they're far too similar to the myrmidon and the siren, and you should respect unit readability if you want your race to be taken seriously.

List of buildings and units:
  • Temple of Tides: Mur'gul Slave.
  • (((Infantry units))): Mur'Gul Reaver, Naga Myrmidon, Sea Giant.
  • (((Monster units))): Snap Dragon, Dragon Turtle, Hydra.
  • (((Spellcaster units))): (((Makrura Caster))), Naga Siren, Sea Revenant.
  • (((Flying units))): Couatl, Sea Dragon.
  • Altar of the Depths: Naga Sea Witch (Intelligence), (((Mur'gul Intelligence Hero))), Eredar Warlock (Strength), (((Makrura Strength Hero))).
Few notes:
  • All the ground units are amphibian. The Sea Revenant floats above the water, and the Eredar Warlocks walks over it (just like Illidan). The other playable races would need something of their own to compensate for this huge perk, or this ability could be disabled altogether (for the record, the Naga Sea Witch is not amphibian on melee, so the precedent exists).
  • The special ability of the workers (Mur'gul Slave) is that they can turn into a spiky ball to defend themselves, kinda like a hedgehog. This can be useful to surround and block enemy unit movement too.
  • Buildings are summoned automatically, with no further worker input once the building has been placed.
  • The farm building (Coral Bed) provides a passive buff to nearby buildings, which makes them work faster. This affects building construction, unit training, and upgrade research.
  • All naga buildings repair themselves for free, at a slow rate. The buff from the Coral Beds boosts this repair speed. Workers cannot repair neither buildings nor mechanical units. Workers from other races can repair naga buildings, but they have to pay resources.
Hope it helps. Note that this was built purely with melee play in mind.

Also, I would combine fel orcs and demons. Just take the orc race, replace orc units with fel orc units, and replace non-orc units with demon units. Should be easy enough.

Note that the ideas above are balanced towards official TFT races and their number of units.

Status
Not open for further replies.