• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Stormreaver Clan Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
To keep this post as short as possible, I'm going straight to the point.

I am currently planning to do a campaign that takes place during the Second War and puts you in command of the orcish Stormreaver Clan, whose Chieftain is the mighty warlock, Gul'Dan. Let me clarify this right away, your hero throughout the campaign will not be the clan's chieftain, but another, made up hero. The campaign will be like Blizzard's, some maps are melee-like where you control a base, construct units etc., whilst some are rpg-ish, where you do not control a base, but start with a pre-defined amount of certain units. At this current time, the Stormreaver techtree looks like this:
Unit:Classification:
peon.gif
PeonWorker
grunt.gif
GruntBasic Melee
BTNForestTroll.jpg
Troll AxethrowerBasic Ranged
BTNCatapult.jpg
CatapultRanged Siege
ogre.jpg
OgreAdvanced Melee
ogre-mage.jpg
Ogre-MageMelee/Caster Hybrid
icons_3943_btn.jpg
Death KnightRanged Caster
Basically, it is quite based of the Naga techtree, small techtree, yet has all the roles of a "full" techtree, casters, siege, melee etc. I am not going to add any more units as I think the current amount is good, howver, I might change some things, such as removing and adding a/some unit(s). At the moment, all the techtree lacks really, is a hero. If you got some idea for a hero, please post them here, I am open to most if not all suggestions concerning this matter.

However, back to the actual project. It's going to be a rather short campaign, with three or four missions. Since there is not really any documented lore regarding what the Stormreavers actually did before their fall, I can make up whatever missions I desire, as long as I don't create lore retcons. The last mission will obviously be "The Tomb of Sargeras", but I am clueless as too which more missions I should do. Suggestions here would be very appreciated.

For now, I guess this thread is over, I will update this whenever I need any more ideas of any kind. Also, thanks in advance for reading this topic, (and even more thanks if you give me an idea!).

Level 7
Oh cool I love the orc warlocks, I'm not too good with the lore but maybe you could make them coming from draenor, then waring with humans then to the ruins. I'm not sure but I think that's how their time line went. I also think there was something about Gul'dan fighting Ogrim but not sure...

Level 7
i really think you should replace ogre magic with (original unit name) Stormreaver Warlock to make more like an orc campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.