• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] War in the Dreamworld - i need YOUR help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello everyone!

I'm quite new at the Hiveworkshop and i want to create my own Campaign. It's about the Night Elves, who have recently discovered a way to travel to the world of the Emerald Dream. What they do not know is that the Legion has found a way as well, and are seeking to destroy the sacred world.

I still need ideas for the main heroes, the new Night Elf techtree, missions, and the such. I will also need some help making the maps, because i'm bad at the World Editor >.<

Please tell me what you think and what i should work on first. I will post any ideas that come up later on!
:thumbs_up:
:wink:

NOTE: I am not yet sure if the campaign will ever be made. I want to have all ideas first, then see how far we can get.

Last edited:
Level 23
You should put more info about the map, the techree you want (it can affect the missions), the story (a more detailed one) so that more can help you. I think I can help you with ideas and maybe with some other stuff, when you give at least a vague description of your campaign.. :3

EDIT: Oh, BTW, I think you should have posted in the Map Dev or in the Project Recruitment.

Level 6
Great. I have thought of some storyline and techtree for the campaign, but i think it is better if you guys contribute to that too. For now, this post is just for finding members and brainstorming.

Level 6
I want the campaign to be more than the average campaigns found at the Hiveworkshop. Kinda like in SC2, missions should have bonus objectives that grant a currency, which you can spend for your units' upgrades. I don't know if this is too hard to make, though.

That's based, since I don't play SCII, I don't know how the system works, but I think it's hard to make campaign more than the Average campaigns at hive workshop, take example, adventure of Rowan the Wise, it has custom sounds recordings, but it's still possible tho, since you still can make it more than the average ones.

Adventure of Rowan the Wise is not average campaign because of its sound recording and gameplay.

Level 3
Hey Awesan! I noticed you have a great story (in development). If you see my signature then you can see that I am quite able to produce epic background stories for gamemodes, maps and flavor text for items/units. If you need any of these things, please send me a message on Hive and I will get to you ASAP.

Sincerely, EclecticAcid (Acid)
Good luck to this map!

Level 3
No problem, and thanks. Can I suggest some night elven units which I think should go into the map? I'll leave the models and triggering to you or your team, but here's my ideas:

- [Unit] Elven Bard: Inspiration - The Elven Bard begins a song, increasing all damage by X and defense by X of surrounding units, but drains mana over time.

Would be like a night elf with a drum, lute or other instrument. Probably slower then most units and not much attack, which could introduce the tactic of surrounding the Bard with warrior units.

- [Unit] Nightsaber Rider: Retreating Stealth - The Nightsaber Rider exits battle and becomes invisible for ten seconds. This stance cannot be disabled and while in this stance the Rider cannot attack, move nor take any damage. If a detection aura or unit (anything that can detect stealth) is around, this ability cannot be used.

Would be basically the Huntress unit with an additional ability and perhaps a new model.

- [Hero] Varenthia Dreamsong:
Disappear - Invisibility for up to 30 seconds. Can move around slowly. When attacked by a detect invisibility unit or when attacking an enemy unit the stealth will be disabled. When upgraded, the speed when in Stealth is increased.

Enter the Dream - Target enemy unit enters a dream state and cannot move nor attack. That unit [non hero, non mechanical] starts to take damage about X seconds of being in the dream state. This lasts for X seconds. If the unit is attacked or damaged in any way, the state ends. When upgraded, the duration and damage/second is increased.

Killing Nightmares - Summons several Nightmare Fiends that can throw acid bolts and cast a minor version of Enter the Dream. This Fiends last for X seconds, deal X damage and have fast speed. When upgraded, the duration of the Fiends is increased and so is the amount of Fiends summoned.

Dream Aura - An aura that increases the attack, defense and speed of all units - whether they are allies, neutrals or enemies. When upgraded, the range of affect is decreased. For example, the second upgrade will make it just Allies and Neutral targets, where the last upgrade is just Allied units.

[Ultimate] Stepping from Reality - Target area (large radius) turns into a Nightmare Field. Random Nightmare Fiends may spawn (as neutral units, meaning they can attack the summoner's team and the enemy), Dream Storms may occur (green lightning striking the radius area) and a Summoner's Malformation may spawn (a larger, greener version of Varenthia that is neutral and uses Varenthia's spells except for Stepping from Reality.)[/B]

If you use these ideas, no credit is required :D.

Sincerely, EclecticAcid (Acid)

Level 6
Heroes

The hero sounds like a good idea: i have made up some of the main characters. Tell me what you think :p.

Vandos Leafwalker (my friend's WoW character): Vandos is a powerful druid and the leader of a group within the Night Elves, the Cenarion Heroes. He and his sister were blessed for their deeds and told of the project about entering the Dreamworld, which was kept secret from the normal population. He, his sister, and the Cenarion Heroes, are starting this project. (Intelligence, Ranged)
Earth Spike: Deals damage in an area and stuns. Creates an impassable barrier for X seconds.
Lifebloom: Heals a target unit for X health over time. When the healing expires, target is healed for Y life.
Arcane Missiles: Fires many random missiles at nearby enemies.
Elder Cat Form(ulti): Transforms in the Elder Cat form. Grants a melee attack, increases damage and attack speed, and new abilities. Lasts 60 seconds

Arayudah Leafwalker (my WoW character): Arayudah is a powerful warrior-assassin and also Vandos' sister. She is the main commander of the army. (Agility, Melee)
Assassinate: Target enemy takes X damage, then Y damage over time. Stuns the target, if it is not a hero, for Z seconds.
Cloak of Shadows: Arayudah is permanently cloaked. When attacking or casting, she is revealed for X seconds.
Set Trap: Puts a spike trap on the ground. When triggered by an enemy, deals damage in a large area.
Spinning Slash(ulti): Arayudah jumps to the target area and deals X damage to all enemies there.

Varenthia Dreamsong (your hero suggestion, i had this one in mind, but i couldn't find a name :p): Varenthia is Vandos' advisor and helper. She gives warnings and such in-game and is playable on certain missions. (Agility, Ranged)
Guardian: When activated, all nearby allies gain X armor for Y seconds.
Reaper Glaive: Throws a glaive in boomerang motion to the targeted area. The glaive damages all enemies in its way, and slows them for X seconds.
Dream Aura - An aura that increases the attack and speed of all units - whether they are allies, neutrals or enemies.
Camouflage(ulti) - turns all allies around Varenthia invisible for a brief period.

P.S. Dont worry about your skill ideas i removed, i have them implemented for another hero, which i can tell more about later.

Status
Not open for further replies.