• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scars of War needs your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello everyone. Now that I finished some things for my map, I need some help to finish the next: the heroes. First of all, I don't need ideas for new heroes, what I need is ideas for new spells for the heroes listed below.

I'm doing this because I want to remove all Blizzard spells from game and make all custom.

And before you give one idea, please, play the map first. Try to give creative ideas, bring different skills, break the usual.

If you want some example of what I need, check out these heroes: Sorceress, Shaman, Warden or Emerald Dragon. For separated skills, see Glaive Mistress -> Glaive Throw, Archmage -> Arcane Dome, Dragon Turtle -> Energy Store, etc.

Link for my map: Scars of War

Here is the list of heroes that I want to change:

Dreadlord
Pit Lord
Skills: Carrion Swarm, Sleep.
Completely rework? Maybe.

Originaly designed to be a hero with powerfull attacks, I feel that Carrion Swarm doesn't fit his style. I want to replace it with another ofensive spell. Sleep fits his gameplay style, helps him to get close to the victim, but I am not satisfied with it too.[c]
Skills: Tentacles (ultimate)
Completely rework? not anymore.

Thanks to sgtkratos, PL already has a new first and second skills, but he still needs an ultimate.
[r]
Mountain King
[c]
Sea Elemental
[r]
Skills: Storm Bolt.
Completely rework? No.

As I said, no more Blizzard spells. Don't forget he is a stunner/slower hero.
[c]
Skills: Crushing Wave, Water Prison.
Completely rework? No.

He is a water hero, that becomes stronger while on water, so I need 2 water spells, no passive, because his ultimate is passive and don't forget about the extra effect of his ultimate.

If I like your idea you will recieve +rep and your name go to credit list.

Last edited:
Level 14
Pit Lord

Skin and Bone: The target non-hero unit is flayed and gutted alive, replaced with a skeleton which dies 3 sec later. (Maybe get mana cost to reflect the type of unit targeted. E.g. A knight costs more mana to S&B than a footy.) [Use some explode animation with it. ::D ]

Blight: Basically opposite of dispel. The ground becomes blighted, all buffs within the area are removed, and all units are set to 10% or less of normal HP. Heroes are set at 75% or less. (Change the % to reflect the levels. Given values are just for reference of the max level.)

Blood Harvest: Similar to the CL's Ultimate, except all nearby ground becomes blighted and nearby units are life drained and given to the Pit Lord. Note that the Pit Lord is channeling and can't move. Nearby units also suffer a movement speed, attack speed, and attack damage reduction.

Ultimate: Croatoan ~ Infects a target unit with a nether-born virus, allowing the Pit Lord to control it. The infected unit has all previous abilities replaced with Contaminate, allowing it to contaminate other units. (The ability is melee) Heroes are immune.

I'm not sure what kind of map you have, so buff/nerf/switch the abilities as needed.

//\\oo//\\

Edit: After playing, the suggestions for the Pit Lord still seem resonable, although Blight will need to be weaker to be realistic. The Pit Lord will have to be slow moving and attacking while his spell costs high. Croatoan should be nerfed to units 'killed' under the effect become contaminated.

Last edited:
Level 5
Pit Lord

Skin and Bone: The target non-hero unit is flayed and gutted alive, replaced with a skeleton which dies 3 sec later. (Maybe get mana cost to reflect the type of unit targeted. E.g. A knight costs more mana to S&B than a footy.) [Use some explode animation with it. ::D ]

Blight: Basically opposite of dispel. The ground becomes blighted, all buffs within the area are removed, and all units are set to 10% or less of normal HP. Heroes are set at 75% or less. (Change the % to reflect the levels. Given values are just for reference of the max level.)

Blood Harvest: Similar to the CL's Ultimate, except all nearby ground becomes blighted and nearby units are life drained and given to the Pit Lord. Note that the Pit Lord is channeling and can't move. Nearby units also suffer a movement speed, attack speed, and attack damage reduction.

Ultimate: Croatoan ~ Infects a target unit with a nether-born virus, allowing the Pit Lord to control it. The infected unit has all previous abilities replaced with Contaminate, allowing it to contaminate other units. (The ability is melee) Heroes are immune.

I'm not sure what kind of map you have, so buff/nerf/switch the abilities as needed.

//\\oo//\\

Edit: After playing, the suggestions for the Pit Lord still seem resonable, although Blight will need to be weaker to be realistic. The Pit Lord will have to be slow moving and attacking while his spell costs high. Croatoan should be nerfed to units 'killed' under the effect become contaminated.
Thanks Boris, but I have to say that Skin and Bone is really similar to Inner Demon from Puppet Master and Blood Harvest is similar to Big Bad Voodoo from Shadow Hunter.

I will see what I can do about the others. Thanks again. ^^

Level 14
Thanks Boris, but I have to say that Skin and Bone is really similar to Inner Demon from Puppet Master and Blood Harvest is similar to Big Bad Voodoo from Shadow Hunter.

I will see what I can do about the others. Thanks again. ^^

That's fine, when I played, I played as a Dark General.

What else, hmm...

//\\0o//\\

will post if I come up with something.

Level 14
How does this list sound? (The Dark General had 4 lvls for each ability, so I went ahead and applied the same here)

Pit Lord:

Blight: Basically opposite of dispel. The ground becomes blighted, all buffs within the area are removed, and all units (ally and enemy) are set to 75%/60%/40%/10% or less of normal HP. Heroes are set at 85%/80%/75%/70% or less. AoE:very-small/small/moderate/large
~If units/heroes have less health then they're unaffected.

Croatoan Virus: Infects a target unit with a nether-born virus, allowing the Pit Lord to control it. The infected unit has all previous abilities replaced with Contaminate, allowing it to contaminate other units, be they ally or enemy. Contaminated units lose 1HP/2HP/4HP/8HP per sec. (like disease cloud, but activated not passive) Heroes are immune.

Inception: (gives unit(s) the idea fighting is bad, turning them neutral) Note: Heroes Immune; allies also affected.
~lvl1: target unit 'decides' war is bad, becomes nuetral, and dies in 30 sec.
~lvl2: target unit and 2 nearby unit 'decide' war is bad, become neutral, and die 30 sec later. (chain lightning)
~lvl3: target unit and 5 nearby units become passive, and die 30 sec later. (chain lightning)
~lvl4: all units in area become passive and die 30 sec later. (like blizzard or earthquake)

Ultimate: Into the Pit
~only 1 lvl, available at lvl 12.
-requirements: 1000 gold; item called 'Scourge of the Legion'; death of the Pit Lord
= ability explodes all minion (spawns) units on map and sets all heroes at 1% HP
= spawns are delayed for 2 min.

//\\oo//\\

Edit:
The abilities may seem OP, but since they affect both sides the benefits to your team are counteracted by 'side effects' so balance should be present. Demons are typically not trustworthy, powerful, and occupied with their own agenda. The idea behind the ultimate is that the player can make a contract with the demon to further their agenda, but demons require a price. Hence the gold (not mana) cost to the spell. The Pit Lord must also possess a certain artifact in order to perform his ultimate; the spell also destroys his body, forcing him to await resurrection. The Pit Lord is a universal nuker, the map being his pit.

His ultimate turns the map into an arena [pit] of sorts for a short duration. Heroes vs. Heroes

Last edited:

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

For Sea Elemental:

Surf (Instant Cast): Moves in (xx) in the targeted direction, dealing (xx) damage to any units in the way. (Extra Dmg, Range etc. on water OR can only be used in water)

Maelstrom (Channeling): Creates a vortex in the selected area in water, all enemies are slowly pulled to the vortex at a rate of (xx), taking (xx) damage for (xx) seconds.

Submurge (Instant Cast): Submurges in the water for (xx) seconds, healing (xx) health, when (xx) seconds is over, the Sea Elemental remerges dealing (xx) damage to all enemies in an (xx) AOE.

Level 5
How does this list sound? (The Dark General had 4 lvls for each ability, so I went ahead and applied the same here)

Pit Lord:

Blight: Basically opposite of dispel. The ground becomes blighted, all buffs within the area are removed, and all units (ally and enemy) are set to 75%/60%/40%/10% or less of normal HP. Heroes are set at 85%/80%/75%/70% or less. AoE:very-small/small/moderate/large
~If units/heroes have less health then they're unaffected.

Croatoan Virus: Infects a target unit with a nether-born virus, allowing the Pit Lord to control it. The infected unit has all previous abilities replaced with Contaminate, allowing it to contaminate other units, be they ally or enemy. Contaminated units lose 1HP/2HP/4HP/8HP per sec. (like disease cloud, but activated not passive) Heroes are immune.

Inception: (gives unit(s) the idea fighting is bad, turning them neutral) Note: Heroes Immune; allies also affected.
~lvl1: target unit 'decides' war is bad, becomes nuetral, and dies in 30 sec.
~lvl2: target unit and 2 nearby unit 'decide' war is bad, become neutral, and die 30 sec later. (chain lightning)
~lvl3: target unit and 5 nearby units become passive, and die 30 sec later. (chain lightning)
~lvl4: all units in area become passive and die 30 sec later. (like blizzard or earthquake)

Ultimate: Into the Pit
~only 1 lvl, available at lvl 12.
-requirements: 1000 gold; item called 'Scourge of the Legion'; death of the Pit Lord
= ability explodes all minion (spawns) units on map and sets all heroes at 1% HP
= spawns are delayed for 2 min.

//\\oo//\\

Edit:
The abilities may seem OP, but since they affect both sides the benefits to your team are counteracted by 'side effects' so balance should be present. Demons are typically not trustworthy, powerful, and occupied with their own agenda. The idea behind the ultimate is that the player can make a contract with the demon to further their agenda, but demons require a price. Hence the gold (not mana) cost to the spell. The Pit Lord must also possess a certain artifact in order to perform his ultimate; the spell also destroys his body, forcing him to await resurrection. The Pit Lord is a universal nuker, the map being his pit.

His ultimate turns the map into an arena [pit] of sorts for a short duration. Heroes vs. Heroes
This ultimate makes me think a little. What about we make the Pit Lord with something like, everytime he kills someone, he stores the soul of the victim and he needs souls to use his second and ultimate spells? The first skill would be free, but may be stronger if he has souls stored.

For Sea Elemental:

Surf (Instant Cast): Moves in (xx) in the targeted direction, dealing (xx) damage to any units in the way. (Extra Dmg, Range etc. on water OR can only be used in water)

Maelstrom (Channeling): Creates a vortex in the selected area in water, all enemies are slowly pulled to the vortex at a rate of (xx), taking (xx) damage for (xx) seconds.

Submurge (Instant Cast): Submurges in the water for (xx) seconds, healing (xx) health, when (xx) seconds is over, the Sea Elemental remerges dealing (xx) damage to all enemies in an (xx) AOE.
Submerge is a nice idea, but Nerubian Guardian already does something similar.

I will change Pristess' ultimate to be similar to Maelstrom, but Surf would be a nice addition to him. I will think about that.

Thank you guys. Feel free to post more ideas. ^^

Level 1
Elementalist

Int based hero (summoner) (ohh really XP)

Elemental control: allowls the elementalist to use his own energi to summom the spirits of the elements. Level 1-4. The level of this skill determines the maximum number of elementals you can control (2/4/6/8).Passive.

Summom Water Elemental (ranged): Level 1-4. Level 1: 1 water elemental; Level 2: 2 water elemental; Level 3: 1 Great water elemental (with frost armor); Level 4: 2 Great water elemental (with frost armor).

Summom Fire Elemental (melee): Level 1-4. Level 1: 1 fire elemental; Level 2: 2 fire elemental; Level 3: 1 Great fire elemental (with imolation); Level 4: 2 Great fire elemental (with imolation).

Summom Earth Elemental (melee): Level 1-4. Level 1: 1 earth elemental; Level 2: 2 earth elemental; Level 3: 1 Great earth elemental (with bash); Level 4: 2 Great earth elemental (with bash).

Summom Wind Elemental (melee): Level 1-4. Level 1: 1 wind elemental; Level 2: 2 wind elemental; Level 3: 1 Great wind elemental (with critical strike); Level 4: 2 Great wind elemental (with critical strike).

Summom Nature Elemental (ranged): Level 1-4. Level 1: 1 nature elemental; Level 2: 2 nature elemental; Level 3: 1 Great nature elemental (with poison sting); Level 4: 2 Great nature elemental (with poison sting).

When you get "Elemental Control" you can choose one elemnet you've mastered to evolve "Great" to "Elder". Elders are stronger and have special abilities.

Water: can cast a little frost nova.
Fire: have a little ranged imolation
Earth: can throw a boulder that stun
Wind: have some dodge
Nature: Have plage

Last edited:
Level 1
Blacksmith

Str based hero (stunner)

Brutal strength: with the mighty strength of his arms the blacksmith have a chance to break the armor of his traget, reducing his defense to 0 for some seconds. Level 1-4. Passive. Leveling improves the chance.

Earth wave: the blacksmith hits the ground causing a powerfull wave of stones pushing back everyone around him and stuning for some seconds. Level 1-4. Leveling improves the AoE and the time stunned.

Hammer fall: blacksmith throws his hammer to the sky, making it fall with extreme power dealing damage and stuning in a short AoE. Level 1-4. Leveling improves the time stunned and the damage.

Hammer storm: the blacksmith thrown an infinty of hammers to the sky, falling as a mortal rain of steel. Level 1-4. Leveling improves the damage and AoE.

(Ult)Adrenalin Explosion: with the emotion of the battle the blacksmith's adrenalin explodes improving his damage, atack speed, defense, hp and sp regeneration. After this skill over the blacksmith will lose 75% HP, 100%SP, all his armor, will move slowly and can't use any iten during the effect and 1 min after. Level 1-4. Leveling improves the time of duration of the skill.

Level 14
This ultimate makes me think a little. What about we make the Pit Lord with something like, everytime he kills someone, he stores the soul of the victim and he needs souls to use his second and ultimate spells? The first skill would be free, but may be stronger if he has souls stored. ...

Sounds cool, but you can't get much stronger aside from increasing the time until spawns can begin again. You could start out with all heros at 50% HP and end up at 1% HP.

//\\oo//\\

Level 5
@sgtkratos
Thanks for the ideas, but right now, I am not looking for new heroes ideas. ^^'

Sounds cool, but you can't get much stronger aside from increasing the time until spawns can begin again. You could start out with all heros at 50% HP and end up at 1% HP.

//\\oo//\\
No, in this case, the effect would be changed a little, specially the cost.

Level 1
Pit Lord

Cursed Blood: Makes all creeps inside an AoE drink his blood, making them much more stronger then normal creeps (like the red orcs).

Rain of Inferno: Brings a great number of infernals from the sky dealing massive damage to a single target and making it burn for a while.

Demonic Presence: Makes the image of the Pit Lord bring fear to all the enemies making them weaker as much as they come closer to him.

Bring Darkness (ult): With all his demon power the pit Lord bring pure darkness to entire field, making all the horde creeps and heroes stronger an alliance creeps and heroes weaker. Also gives a chance of invernas fall from sky hitting enemies heroes.

Level 3
Dreadlord

Touch of Shadow: Enshrouds the target unit with a suffocating darkness, preventing all spell casting for several seconds, after the suffocating effect wears off the unit has a high miss chance as well as slowed attack and movement speed for a duration equal to the suffocation.

Crushing grip: The grip of a dreadlord is powerful, disabling the target unit and slowly dragging it back to the dreadlord.

Instill Fear: The gaze of dreadlord can instantly stop the mightiest of warriors in their tracks. (could possibly be an aoe, the effect modified by the distance from the dreadlord)

Bloodthirst: Dreadlords relish in the spilled blood of others, when the dreadlord slays an enemy unit it receives a random buff.

Level 5
Pit Lord

Cursed Blood: Makes all creeps inside an AoE drink his blood, making them much more stronger then normal creeps (like the red orcs).

Rain of Inferno: Brings a great number of infernals from the sky dealing massive damage to a single target and making it burn for a while.

Demonic Presence: Makes the image of the Pit Lord bring fear to all the enemies making them weaker as much as they come closer to him.

Bring Darkness (ult): With all his demon power the pit Lord bring pure darkness to entire field, making all the horde creeps and heroes stronger an alliance creeps and heroes weaker. Also gives a chance of invernas fall from sky hitting enemies heroes.
I really liked the Cursed Blood, but not that much about the Rain of Inferno and Demonic Presence. I will replace his second spell by Cursed Blood, thanks.

Dreadlord

Touch of Shadow: Enshrouds the target unit with a suffocating darkness, preventing all spell casting for several seconds, after the suffocating effect wears off the unit has a high miss chance as well as slowed attack and movement speed for a duration equal to the suffocation.

Crushing grip: The grip of a dreadlord is powerful, disabling the target unit and slowly dragging it back to the dreadlord.

Instill Fear: The gaze of dreadlord can instantly stop the mightiest of warriors in their tracks. (could possibly be an aoe, the effect modified by the distance from the dreadlord)

Bloodthirst: Dreadlords relish in the spilled blood of others, when the dreadlord slays an enemy unit it receives a random buff.
Would you mind if I make the Crushing Grip as a channeling spell that wears off if the unit takes damage (just to avoid it being crushed by others hero while comes closer to a tower)? In this case I will use it in place of Sleep. =)

The Touch of Shadow sounds interesting, I will think about it a little. Thanks.

Level 1
About PL, you could make one knock back that makes the unit explode several times while moving and makes a great explosion in the end. The skill can be used in your own allyes (allyes unit causes more damage) and give some bonus when the unit is under effect of cursed blood.

This will cretainly make the enemies a little afraid to come close im XD

Last edited:
Level 5
About PL, you could make one knock back that makes the unit explode several times while moving and makes a great explosion in the end. The skill can be used in your own allyes (allyes unit causes more damage) and give some bonus when the unit is under effect of cursed blood.

This will cretainly make the enemies a little afraid to come close im XD
Really nice idea, dude, thanks a lot. I think now PL needs only an ultimate.

+rep.

3LF

3LF

Level 2
Templar Mage:

I mentioned it before, but extrapolating on the idea here, the orbs do cost mana (more like reduce the recovery because of how little they cost, but either way) to keep out, so it just seems like they should have some minor effect for being out. Maybe an attack damage/attack speed buff. Nothing huge, just something like 2/3/4/5 damage or so per orb.

Level 1
Hey man, its me again.

I was thinking about one ult for the PL.

What abot something like "Call of Burning Legion"

The skill effect depends in what PL aims.

If he aim an allied hero:

Level 1: sacrifices one ally hero to use him as Avatar for a new commander of the PL (the new one after Archimonde's death in the World Tree);

Level 2: sacrifices one ally hero to use him as Avatar for Kil’jaeden, the cruel commander of the DreadLords;

Level 3: sacrifices one ally hero to use him as Avatar for Sargeras, the ultimate commander of all the Burning Legion;

BTW, if the PL aims himself:

Level 1: sacrifices 1/3 of his max HP to open one portal to Burning Legion, calling a wave of Fel Hounds;

Level 2: sacrifices 2/3 of his max HP to open one portal to Burning Legion, calling a wave of Fel Guards;

Level 3: sacrifices all of his HP to open one portal to Burning Legion, calling a wave of Infernals;

The summons of the fist case are brutal strong but they don't stay for a long time.

I just sugested one second option for solo games or when u don't have someone that accept the sacrifice.

Level 5
@MultiGod
Hmm... don't know if it fits the Dreadlord. It kinda simple, but thanks anyway. ^^

@sgtkratos

That's a nice idea, will fit his new play style as some kind of ally sacrificer, but, what the transformations will do? I mean, skills and other stuff?

Level 1
Well I thought about someting like high def, hp and atack, medium move and atack speed.

The "summons" become stronger with skill level and they can have some skills.

The 1st one could have only one passive skill (probably spell imunity like infernals)

The 2nd one could have the same passive and we can add one active skill (maybe some good ally buff)

The 3rd one must be pretty stronger than te others (he is the ultimate commander). You coul use the same skills and add some damage skill (good damage/great CD or medium damage/low CD), or even one auto summon of BL minions by dead corpses (like Avatar of Vengance).

I just was thinking now about who takes control of the summon, the summoner or the sacrifice?? I don't know which is better for you.

Remembering they're extremely powerfull summons but don't stay in field for a long time.

About the other effect, do you know about fel hounds and fel guards, right??

Level 1
I was wondering about some skills for your Dread Lord but I don't know if they fit your hero playmode.

Bloody Chain: Calls one chain of blood from his fingers that become stronger every time it torns an enemy. (basicaly like chain lightning bot the oposite)

Dark Coffin: Traps the enemy hero inside of a black coffin making him unble to move, atack or cast spells. Also causes a little damage while traped. Dread Lord cannot move, atack or cast spells while using this skills. (the skill works basically like Death & Decay, after using it, you have to wait until it ends or the hero inside die).

I thought about otherult for him (when i play with him it was almost useless).

Seal of Darkness: Summon a dark seal arround him making everything inside lose some % of his HP and MP. (depending of the lvl of the skill)

Level 8
Mountain King (ima try this one:))

Storm Bolt - retain
Earthen Form - channels the ancient power of the dwarven ancestors, the Earthen, increases armor and damage from spells are decreased (i dont want to waste the avatar animation:) )
Thane's Challenge - Single target taunt. increases slightly the target damage (durations up to you, this would compliment his ultimate..)
Scars of Battle - the lower the HP of the mountain king, the faster he moves

hope this helps:) Goodluck on your map

Skills: Tentacles (ultimate)
Completely rework? not anymore.

Thanks to sgtkratos, PL already has a new first and second skills, but he still needs an ultimate.
Maybe spell like this ↓

Hell Pit

Pit Lord crate Hell Pit at target location damaging nearby enemy units over time and reducing their armor, to make things worse small hell beast can rush from it at nearby enemies and take with them dead units. For each soul dragged into hell Pit Lord attributes will be increased for 60 seconds.
Hell Pit lasts for 30 seconds

Has 750/1000/1250 hit points (fortified armor can do)
Deals 25/50/100 damage per sec to nearby enemy units (500 AOE or less)
Reduce armor by 3/4/5 of nearby enemy units (same aoe)
Spawn (Lesser Hell Beast [250 hp, 25-25 damage]/Hell Beast [350 hp, 35-35 damage]/Greater Hell Beast [450 hp, 45-45 damage])
Each dead body increase attributes by 1/2/3

Bonus:
-Hell beasts can't be controlled!
-Hell best can heal after death if hero has some buff (created by his other spell maybe)
-Hell Pit can be destroyed for huge AOE damage (350/500/650 damage in 1200 AOE) <- Aoe reduce as time pass by, because you can always destroy it at end, so after half time this aoe become 0 to permit that bug, can work same with damage...

Epic shit if you ask me, but with cool models this can look awesome :D

Skills: Carrion Swarm, Sleep.
Completely rework? Maybe.

Originaly designed to be a hero with powerfull attacks, I feel that Carrion Swarm doesn't fit his style. I want to replace it with another ofensive spell. Sleep fits his gameplay style, helps him to get close to the victim, but I am not satisfied with it too.

This one is really big shit, check my idea!
Create small area somewhere on terrain and add all kind of shitz there!
Hero ultimate can be Nightmare spell

Nightmare
Hero left his physical form on battlefield (can't control hero anymore), his spirit travel to land of dreams!
Hero gain all kind of bonuses in his world
Nightmare lasts for 10 seconds and can be broken at any time if player want that

Ok and what is special about this ultimate?
Spells below ↓

Sleep
Hero put target unit into sleep, sending it's spirit into world of dreams, if unit die in spirit world it will die in physical as well!
Unit lose all kind of shits in spirit world!
Last for 60(10 for heroes) seconds

Nether Torture
Hero spawn image of himself inside spirit world, image deals % damage but take 2 or more times more.
Image last for 30 seconds

Scream of Pain
Hero release powerful blast dealing damage to nearby enemy units, reducing their armor as well!
If hero cast spell in world of dreams it will deal double damage and reduce armor 2 times more!

I hope that you like idea, this way you can be killing machine against 1 hero but weak against more, if you leave your body on battlefield you will be able to easily kill enemy trapped inside dream world but as well easily killed by his teammates!

You can add more shits here, this is only my idea :p

Status
Not open for further replies.