• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need Ideas for my Modern Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I am working on a modern PvP Team Arena, namely Advanced Wars Arena. However, at the moment I have a mapper's block and simply cannot finish my classes with their 6 spells each.

For an overview:
There are 8 classes in the game, each with completely different roles which should work together to make a kick-ass team when working as one. Each class has 6 spells, like this: 4 Hero spells which can be leveled up to 4 times. 1 Normal spell which the unit starts off with and cannot be leveled and 1 ultimate which can be learned but not leveled past lvl 1.

However, I just can't come up with ideas to get all 6 spells done for all my classes...

Classes that are finished...
Sniper
Medic
Tech Mage
Classes that need to be finished...
Assault Gunner
Shield Trooper
Commander
Assassin
Firebat

-Normal Spell: Translocate (Blink)
-1st Spell: Grenade Launcher (Area stun)
-2nd Spell: Call Medic (bonus healing received)
-3rd Spell: NEEDED
-4th Spell: High Morale (criticle hits while high hp)
-Ultimate: Call Airstrike (areal nuke)

-Normal Spell: Energy Shield (Reduced Damage)
-1st Spell: Borrow Shield (Give Energy Shield to other unit)
-2nd Spell: I will Survive! (cannot die for X secs)
-4th Spell: Pain Killers (ignore X damage everytime you get healed)
-Ultimate: Barrier (block area)

-Normal Spell: NEEDED
-1st Spell: Charge! (Temporary movement speed bonus to area)
-2nd Spell: Incoming! (Temporary armour bonus to area)
-3rd Spell: Battle Chant (Increase damage of target ally)
-4th Spell: NEEDED
-Ultimate: United Assault (You and ally go rampage)

-Normal Spell: Battle Charge (Armour Bonus + Speed)
-1st Spell: In and Out (Two way blink)
-2nd Spell: Twin Slash (miniature omnislash)
-3rd Spell: Untouchable (temporarily dodge bullets)
-4th Spell: Haste (passive bonus movement and improves battle charge)
-Ultimate: NEEDED

-Normal Spell: Afterburn (damage over time on attack)
-1st Spell: Inferno Medicine (Heal ally but set on fire)
-2nd Spell: Heat of the Battle (buff burning ally or weaken burning enemy)
-4th Spell: Burning Pain (deny healing to enemies on fire)
-Ultimate: Firestarter (set all nearby enemies on fire)

I will rep you if your ideas help me and of course I greatly appreciate any help.

Last edited:
Level 7
Assault Trooper

Overkill: The hero activates the Overkill function on his weapon, increasing rate of fire (attack speed) by X% for 15 seconds. Can only be used once every 45 seconds.

Shield Trooper

Intervene: The hero translocates to the allied target's position. All incoming damage to that target is rerouted to the hero for 5 seconds. 30 second cooldown.

Shield Combustion: The hero activates the self destruction of his shield, dealing X damage to nearby units. 10 second cooldown.

Commander

Normal: Battle Standard: Creates a battle standard at the target location. Whenever the commander uses 'Charge!', 'Incoming!', or 'Battle Chant', the standard will cast the same spell at the location. Has no effect if the Commander is within range of the standard.

Dropship: Calls in a dropship, unloading X soldiers to fight for the hero for 45 seconds. 60 second cooldown.

Assassin
Assassinate: Attempts to finish a wounded foe, dealing an attack equal to 150% damage plus agility. Can only use on enemies with 50% or less health. 15 second cooldown.

Firebat
Repelilng Flames: Activates a ring of fire around the hero, dealing X damage per second to nearby enemies. In addition, all damage dealt to hero is reduced by Y%, but energy/mana is drained every second.

Level 15
Assaul Gunner:
Bombard - the Hero starts firing at random target, each attack deals splash damage. Also increases damage for the duration.

OR

Explosive Bullets - passive splash dmg

Shield Trooper

Focused Shield - makes target completely invulnerable. Channeled. Cannot be cast on self. Costs (almost) no mana. (perhaps underpowered. maybe good as emergency ability.)

Static Shield - makes target completely invulnerable, but stuns for the duration (CC or emergency life-saver)

Shield Field - big bad voodoo =)

Commander

Focus Fire! - increases all damage caused to target enemy. maybe channeled

Last Order - passive. if commander dies, all allies get +50% (approx.) damage

Assassin

CSFKA - Compact Shadowform Kit Acme - makes the assassin invisible. the assassin will become visible if he attacks/uses any abilities and will become invisible again after that - generally, its temporary 'permanent invisibility'

Firebat
Conflagrate - the Firebat drops a spark into his fuel tank, causing a violent explosion. Suicide

OR

Incenirating Burst - large damage to all targets in front of the Hero (short range) + knocks them far away

OR

Overheat - generally, its firelords Soul Burn

Level 10
I like the idea of the intervene spell for the Shield Trooper, I might try that.
Funny enough, I actually had the spells "Dropship", "Shield Combustion" and "Overkill" on exactly the classes you suggested, but had to remove them for diverse reasons (of course they had different names, lol)

I will try out the "intervene" idea, if it works good with Trooper that'd be awesome...

Update: I added a new skill to Shield Trooper called Pain Killers, so only 1 more spell is needed for him

Level 12
I dont have ideas for every class yet, but this is one for the Firebat.

Napalm-Increases the effects of the noramal ability for longer durations(or damage,whatever you prefer).

At the last level, maybe add a chance for the napalm to be thrown out allittle too dat, almost incinerating the target, dealing tons of damage.

I;ll probably think of a few more things for the other classes

Level 15
I see you have been remaking many heroes :0
Anyway, some ideas:

3rd Skill- Armour Piercing Rounds
Each attack against a specific target does more damage (like Incinerate :p)
OR
3rd Skill- Battle Rifle
The assault gunner's rifle gains momentum each time it is shot, making the reload time relatively shorter. Each attack increases the attack speed of the hero. However, there is a chance for the gun to jam, removing all bonuses and making the hero unable to attack for a short time. The jamming chance is higher the greater the attack speed bonus.

3rd Skill- Energize Shield
The Shield Trooper channels his mana into his shield, making it stronger for a short duration.
OR
3rd Skill- Compact Shield
The Shield Trooper compacts a large amount of energy into his shield and projects it towards the target point. The shield will explode upon impact of the point, dealing damage to all units and knocking them back.
OR
3rd Skill- Generate Shield
The hero takes a short time to generate a temporary shield. This shield lasts for a fixed time and will be lent to an ally when "Borrow Shield" is used. Otherwise, it will grant the same bonuses as a normal shield (you get 2x of the original shield bonus).

Normal Skill- Command
Orders allies to attack a certain unit or attack-move to a certain point. Grants small amount of damage to allied heroes. (Use in Base to control those spawns and stuff)

4th Skill- Command Artilery
The commander calls for an artilery strike at the target point. The strike will be launched from your base and does massive damage to both you and your allies in a medium-large area.
OR
4th Skill- Tactics
The hero starts planning the team's tactics. For each second this spell is channeled, it grants a greater bonus. Tactics cannot be channelled if your allies are engaged in battle.

More soon...

Level 7
Well lets see..

Commander

Default Spell - Flare Rounds. Any unit the commander attacks takes extra damage from allied units.

4th Spell - Covering Fire. Shoots bullets into an AOE, greatly slowing enemy attack speed for a short period of time. This spell would channel, and maybe the commander would take extra damage while its active, so its a big support spell.

I like these two because they're actually real things.

Shield Trooper

3rd Spell - Bunker Mode. Unit squats down behind its shield, greatly increasing armor while slowing down movement to almost nothing and attack speed slightly. Upper levels would increase the defense benefits and decreases the speed losses.

Assassin

Ultimate - Blistering Speed, makes it so that every single time you order him to move, he blinks there instead of walking for a period of time. Could be very disorienting and also useful for covering great distances of the map at once.

Firebat

3rd Spell - Tanker Explosion. The firebat throws and ignites his fuel supply, doing huge AOE damage and afterburn to an area, but then cannot attack for X seconds as he has to refuel.

Assault

Disabling Fire - The Assault trooper knows where to aim to cripple his enemy, giving a percent chance to greatly slow the movement speed of an enemy on each shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.