• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need a System? Come Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello Hivers!

Do you need a system for you map?
Do you need it in GUI, JASS, or vJASS?
Do you need it easy to use?

Then you have come to the right place!

I can make any small to semi large system just request it and I'll let you know!

Template:

Name:
System:
Description:
Time Frame: (How fast do you need it: i.e. what day you want it.)

GoGoTauren
Combat Engine
Skill based combat engine
Time Frame: December 24th

Razor21

Just make sure to give credit :D

Note:
I will not make spells or abilities.

Last edited:
Level 8
To clarify: time frame in the description differs from "Time Frame:"

Name: Combat Engine
System: A skill (human skill, not spell skill) based combat engine
Description: I'd like to do something a bit different with my RPG. I thought about combat. Normal wc3 combat doesnt really do it for me, so How about this;

With this engine, Heroes don't attack automatically. They attack when you right click, and after that they pause until you order them to do it again. When you attack an enemy, damage depends largely on when you attack them. For example, if the enemy is half through their backswing, the attack will deal extra damage because the enemy is unprepared. It also takes into account where they're attacked from, eg. Behind, or face to face for more or less damage. For modifiable constants I'd like the following:

Damage multipliers for each angle and/or time frame.
Easily modifiable angle start/ends and timeframe start/ends (real values)

e.g. An Angle1start and an Angle1end variable. If angle1start is 160 and angle1end is 200 thatll give me a 40 degree window to attack from behind for the extra damage.

It'd be easiest if there was an If/Then/Else for each timeframe and angle so I can modify them easily. I can also make it only for specific creeps. I can handle making an attack backswing, etc library for the creeps myself if thats that you need.

I dont mind what its in, it just needs to be fairly easy to use/modify.

Time frame: sooner is better

Tell me how much of this, hopefully all of it that you can do :D
I was thinking calculating the timeframes based on creep attacks and/or orders, if thats any help.

Thanks in advance, hope that makes sense. I've butchered it to make sure I get everything.

Level 11
To clarify: time frame in the description differs from "Time Frame:"

Name: Combat Engine
System: A skill (human skill, not spell skill) based combat engine
Description: I'd like to do something a bit different with my RPG. I thought about combat. Normal wc3 combat doesnt really do it for me, so How about this;

With this engine, Heroes don't attack automatically. They attack when you right click, and after that they pause until you order them to do it again. When you attack an enemy, damage depends largely on when you attack them. For example, if the enemy is half through their backswing, the attack will deal extra damage because the enemy is unprepared. It also takes into account where they're attacked from, eg. Behind, or face to face for more or less damage. For modifiable constants I'd like the following:

Damage multipliers for each angle and/or time frame.
Easily modifiable angle start/ends and timeframe start/ends (real values)

e.g. An Angle1start and an Angle1end variable. If angle1start is 160 and angle1end is 200 thatll give me a 40 degree window to attack from behind for the extra damage.

It'd be easiest if there was an If/Then/Else for each timeframe and angle so I can modify them easily. I can also make it only for specific creeps. I can handle making an attack backswing, etc library for the creeps myself if thats that you need.

I dont mind what its in, it just needs to be fairly easy to use/modify.

Time frame: sooner is better

Tell me how much of this, hopefully all of it that you can do :D
I was thinking calculating the timeframes based on creep attacks and/or orders, if thats any help.

Thanks in advance, hope that makes sense. I've butchered it to make sure I get everything.

I believe I can do this. I'm just a little confused on what exactly you want.
If you can create a library with the back swing times that would help. Please make sure they are reals.
Also I need a list of all types of "damage" you want.
Example: Attack from behind, Attack from Front, Attack during swing, etc.

I will put your project in first priority.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/battle-bar-system-177057/

i need the system i described there, well, there is a lot of problem with the system i had right now, so can you make a bugless perfect system that i want for me?

Time Frame : anytime would be fine.

I need a new description of your system, I do not understand exactly what you want. But I'm sure I can do it.

Level 16
well,

"After" you cast a Spell, Item usage, or attack, (Yes normal Attack)

There will be a Bar Above your unit appearing.

you cannot do any Attack or Spell until the Bar deplets to empty. (But you could still move, hold position, Patrol, Stop) (Basically, silence that disable ability and attack.)

This bar will be used by many units on map, so it must be MUI,

and probably GUI if possible.

The Bar Cooldown time is based on the ability and its level, or item types.
make it decrease with each agility too.

maybe you could set it up in map initialization.

(it must work too for channeling spells.)

Level 11
Name: Camera System
Description: The camera will never go down holes. (Staying above ditches)
For Example: \/ (Lets say the camera were to go down that ditch) But it stays above it like being locked on to a unit, but you can still move around the map.

I beleive this is possible, but i guess it would take to long to figure out? I Found a thread talking about this but i've lost it now :(. If you can't do it then thats fine :(.

I think i have another system but i've forgotten it atm.

Level 19
I'd like to have a pathfinding system (no vjass)
should take x/y coordinates of start and end point and return the path

I once tried but I had a few issues with diagonal paths (everything else worked fine)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/pathfinding-system-183791/

edit:
where is the problem with that description?
there even is code showing a possible solution (except it has a bug)?
and if you don't know what pathfinding is google for it (there are many images describing it very clearly)
but if you don't understand it you can't do it anyway so nevermind....

in case you want to try it anyway:
there is a unit which stands on point p1 and is issued the order to move to point 2
the system should return the shortest pathable path connecting p1 and p2
for example like this:
430px-Pathfinding_A_Star.svg.png

but there are many other possible ways to make such a system
and because warcraft3 pathing is not totally grid-based p0 and p10 would be directly connected with a straight line

Last edited:
Level 11
From all the people who are requesting systems. I need a lot more clear description on what exactly you need.

Please PM, VM, or post here the description and I'll see if I am able to do them.

Is my system not understandable?
What i just said is exactly what i mean. I need the camera to stay at a certin height for the entire game. So it will not fall down a hole. It would stay above it.

It's hard to explain it, i hope you understand this one. It's really simple, i just want it to stay at a certin height, like if it were to be locked on to a unit(flying unit). It is hard to explain.

I think i have just rememberd my other system, here it goes.
I'm working on this StarGate map, and i was wondering if i can have a system that once someone has dialed 7 correct symboles it will open the stargate (exactly in the rings) to the correct world.

I'm not to keen at transfering code, so mabye you could edit the map?
As well as do the first system in the same map?

If you don't want to do it, thats fine :((

Edit: Someone has already started with the portal system, but it's buggy and not fully completed.

Level 13
Name: Equipment System

GUI if possible would be nice but if Jass would be easier than use it.

A equipment setup allowing heroes to wear equipment under special types.
Like light armor characters wear cloth.
I'm going to be making skills like inventory that state which gear heroes can wear.

Armor Types are going to be: Cloth, Leather, Mail, Plate, Sheild(For those that can use one)
Weapon Types are going to be:
(1H) Axe, Sword, Dagger
((2H) If a 2H is equipped than a second weapon/sheild can't be equipped for those few heroes can can use a second weapon or sheild) Axe, Sword, Polearm, Stave
Misc Types: Ring, Amulet (Can have 1 amulet, and 2 rings)

I'm sticking with the normal 6 slot inventory system cause its a Hero War Map.
Timeframe: Next 2 months or so would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.