• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Necropolis can be build directly next to Gold Mine even with the ability Return Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Necropolis can be build directly next to a Gold Mine even if it has the ability Return Gold, which should otherwise trigger the default minimum distance you must have towards a Gold Mine ~ 500 or so..,

I guess this is just a bug.. (/hard coded) If you copy the Necropolis, the custom unit can't be build next to a Gold Mine.

Last edited:
Level 12
The distance a Town Hall can be placed from a gold mine is controlled by the Town Hall's and the Gold Mine's pathing map.

Did you change the pathing map of either of these? If not, the distance you are seeing is the normal distance it can be placed from.

Level 8
So here is a Test Map with the results:
______

Oh and it seems that the minimum Distance required towards a Gold Mine for any unit with the ability "Return Gold" or/and "Return Gold and Lumber" is measured from the Closest Edge from the Unit to the closest Edge from the Gold Mine. The center of the Main Buildings can be as close as 768.015 towards the center of the Gold Mine. Smaller Buildings like the Lumber Mill, or the Slaughterhouse can be build a tiny bit closer.
______

Type in '1' into the chat box to measure the distance from the selected unit to the goldmine in the center of the map.

Type in '2' into the chat box to measure the distance from the selected unit to the other Kel'Thuzad. (Kel'Thuzad can fly)

The Necropolis, that the Acolyte can build, is the 'normal' unit, with the Return Gold and Lumber ability, however it can be build next to the Goldmine. The Necropolis, that the Blood-elf Engineer can build, which is an exact copy of the original Necropolis can't be build within the minimum distance towards the Gold Mine.

The original Slaughterhouse with Return Gold and Lumber ability can't be build closer than the minimum distance towards the Gold Mine as well.

The Lumber-mill with Return Gold can't be build within the minimum distance of the Goldmine as well.

So? What is it you need?

well this isn't mush of a problem but this is: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...rn-gold-return-gold-lumber-doent-work-258757/

See i am kinda making an advanced melee map, with a lot of new features. One of them is that you can buy financial aid (gold crates) at your main building and bring them over to your ally
(the normal trading is disabled), so if you can do that, returning raw gold from the gold mine should be given as well. Further more you can hire mercenary gold diggers, allow distant gold mining etc...
So i just need to replace the start building for the undead at game start and the rest is easy...
However the Night Elves are the real problem, since their Tree of Life can uproot and stand directly next to the Goldmine, i know how to check when uproot is complete etc, non the less, the ability "return gold" won't go away, even if entered chat massage "test", selected unit, remove ability, - nothing the ability stays...
So the ability Chaos might solve the problem, but i would really like to know how you could say that for example Huntress Hall, requires either Tree of Life or "the uprooted without return gold Tree of Life"..
And just saying requires any Tier 1 Hall would be kinda an ugly solution imho.

Attachments

• GoldmineTester.w3x
    18.7 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.