• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Naga vs Elves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ive been wanting to make an AoS for a little while just could never find decent theme.
So i decided to make an AoS style using naga and elves, considering i dont think anyone has tried to make on of them yet. I could be worng if so please tell me and link map.
Right now i need sugestions for heros and spells for both sides other then that I've pretty much got everything rdy to go.
So just post anything ill prolly use most of the ideas in the map and your ideas will get credited :grin:
and +rep for great ideas

Oh and if anyone has a link to a good item system not using jass that would be extreamly helpfull.
jass is not that hard, once you learn it, it is actually (a lot) easier than GUI. Why don't you try to learn it?

About Naga heroes, I think the spells should be based on water. I am going to add a full extended naga race to my project and so I intend to take some ideas from here:
Warcraft III Spells

You can also use "the kraken" made by Moyack in wc3c (is down now so I can't give link).

About the elfs, are you talking about High elfs ? Blood elfs or Night elfs ?

Level 4
just elves in generall and i wouldnt really know where to start with jass and i know almost all the gui triggers of by heart lol
but i might give it a try
and ty for the link to the spells btw ill give it a look :)
And 1 question what do you thinik of the idea lol?

just elves in generall and i wouldnt really know where to start with jass and i know almost all the gui triggers of by heart lol
Another reason to learn JASS. Knowing JASS will not only make you a better coder, will also allow you to use and import JASS (JESP maybe?) spells into your map. JASS spells that follow the JESP standard are super easy to change and import, and they require very little amount of JASS knowledge for the configuration.

And 1 question what do you thinik of the idea lol?
I am not inspired by AoS maps, I kinda see them as inferior maps because they are one of the easiest maps to do (ignoring TD's and escapes which are ridiculously easy). Also, when I compare AoS maps I usually bring a bad example on the top - Dota ... it sucks...
So, asking me about AoS maps may not be a great idea. As for the theme, I believe that although I like it a lot (Naga hate the night elfs) I don't see how it could be transformed into an AoS.

for the night elves u can use all the ancients and stuff, and for naga the sunken ruins creeps.
the naga may swim in deep water, but the night elves can forest walk? 0.o
i dunno im not inspired...
Seems a good idea. Like each race could have a bonus on their "habitat" or a special skill. Per example, the naga could have a special skill called "the Kraken" and the night elfs called "run forest run (God Cenarius makes the forest alive)". I think it is a nice idea that HC also gave.

Level 4
Flame i think you just inspired me to try and take up JASS..
And i appretiate your appinion btw because it is try that most AoS maps get jugged around Dota even though it sucks lol.
As for the third thing im just trying to figure out a way to but that into my map :)

Level 4
ok thanks i will
it dosent seem to bad right now mind you ive just skimmed over a couple tutorials
do you think you might be able to creat a simple spell for me so i can see what it would look like when its done?

Ok, I make this very simple example. People usually find it easy to understand:
JASS:
function Conditions takes nothign returns boolean
    return GetSpellAbilityId() == 'A000' //this is the rawcode of the hero spell
endfunction
function Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local unit caster = GetTriggerUnit() //we save our caster in a unit variable. Care, local vairiables are NOT global, this means that everytime you run a function they are created and that they can NOT be used outside the function in which they are created. This is why this example is MUI. Everytime I run actions, I save the caster in a new variable.
    call TriggerSleepAction(2.0) //this is a Wait from GUI. Waits are very evil, but for learning purposes I advise you to start easy with it.
    call KillUnit(caster) //try guessing what this does =P
    set caster = null //we always have to null our variables to prevent leaks
endfunction
function InitTrig takes nothing returns nothing
    local trigger spellTrg = CreateTrigger()
    call TriggerAddEventBJ(spellTrg, EVENT_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT) //I am not sure if this like is correct, but it is something similar to this for sure
    call TriggerAddCondition(spellTrg, Condition(function Conditions))
    call TriggerAddAction(spellTrg, Actions)
endfunction

Ok, start from the InitTrig. It tells you the basic stuff, the event that fires the trigger, the conditions and the actions it runs (like in GUI).
You will have questions about this, so I advise you to read some JASS tutorials to learn how to use "if statements" and "loops" they are very useful.

Once you master this concepts, try reading one of my first spells:
Lightning Bolt by Flame_Phoenix - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Things with vJass will be easier, but for now you should battle with Jass only and try to understand the JESP standard (if you find necessary).

ATTENTION: If you convert a simple spell from GUI to Jass, this is NOT what you will see. GUI conversions create obfuscated inneficient code, and that is why most beginers fear starting Jass, because GUI conversions are scary and messy. This small example was optimized.
Also, try using this tool to code in Jass:
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=90999

All red functions you see (many of them BJ's) are bad and inefficient and should be replaced. An exception is the EventBJ (in Inittrig function). I prefer to use it because it does something useful =)

You can also use JassCraft =P

Level 18
I got an idea for a elf hero-the avenger 1st spell/skill -Mark of Venganse marked units in an area take extra damage by the caster,2nd spell/skill-Avegers of Qeal'talas (or somthing)- summons an blood elfs (permenetly) 3rd spell/skill Memory of our blood when all the avengers die the avenger goes into rage mode (or something like that) 4th should be the modified spell of the warden spirit of Vengense.
Hope you liked my idea,if you did i can come up with some more just tell me :wink: .

Level 18
Mana adict

an elf with a small hp but rally big mana .
1st-Mana shiled
2nd-Mana drain
3rd-Mana Fighter: + atack damage but drains mana
4th Ultimate-Mana Vampire kills an enemy unit instantly.mana gaind = units HP
example-unit hp 200.Ability used => + 200 mana to the hero

Level 4
trolman very nice idea im highly likely to use that idea in a map
and flame thanks so much for all the help and i look forward to see how you put the naga into your map maybe it will give me some ideas

Level 18
Murlock Chieftain

A Murlock hero who fights for the naga
1st-Modified Windlalk (idea from the unit "Murlock Nightcraller")
2nd-Ensnare (from unit "Murlock Hunter")
3rd-Water link (faster reg in water and a chanse to escape an attack(in water like evasion))
4th Ultimate-Aid of the water Spawns 10 murlocks (the first level ones) for x time.

Level 4
wow very nice naga hero i was haveing trouble with thinkiing them up
if you have anymore pls post them +rep for ideas lol
and please try and keep em jsut using the editor models i dont wanna go looking for them lol

Level 18
Makrura Tidecaller

A Makrura Hero (those crab things from the sunken ruins)
1st-Crushing wave
2nd-Summon Prawns
3rd-huge cwal gives chanse that a attack will chop off an enemys body part
a.k.a. do more damage
4th Ultimate Rain of Death (opposit to the night elf spell Tranquility) (try baseing it on the Starfall spell)
:wink:

Level 4
"off topic" do you want to join me making the map? just send me a bunch of ideas and maybe help implemten them into the game and maybe play test it with me?
on topic more great ideas im love pretty much all of them +rep

Level 18
Naga Voidwalker

This hero is a mix between a Voidwalker and a naga (his/her parentsst).
1st-Voidnes(the hero isn't can shift forms flesh and air(?) when doing that he/she can miss enemy attacks
2nd-Silense magic
3rd-Mana burn
4th Ultimate-Rockfall (modified Starrfal olnly with a outland rockmodel)
(for the hero model add a tinting red coulor for he/her (red=Outland) :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 18
Night Naga

This is a naga hero who didnt turn into a naga and shes still a night elf(archer model).How did she survive underwather for 100000 years?Idon know and dont care realy,so...
1st-Scouth (not a Owl model but a Hippogryph) The scout isnt imortal and can attack and be attacked
2nd-Sentinel Send an Hippogryph to a nearby tree to reveal the area around it.Can see invisible units.
3rd-Searing Arrows
4th Ultimate -Mount Hippogryph.Mounts the hero to a hippogryph(a.k.a. Scout) + hp +dmg + armor and can fly :mwahaha:

Level 18
Naga Ice Witch

This hero is from the depths of sea,so deep that the wather turns in to ice.
1st-Frostnova
2nd-Frost Armor
3rd-Frost Arrows
4th Ultimate -Snow day.A huge Blizzard does alot of damage for alot of time.

:wthumbsup:

Level 8
I will make a theme. I haven't read everything you said, so i will assume it is the ordinary 2 abilities, 1 passive, 1 ulti.

Regnaro
Demon Hunter
Agi > Str > Int
Regnaro is said to be immortal after making a pact with archimonde. Regnaro slaughtered millions of night elves whilst under demonic influence. Elune was able to uncloud Regnaro's mind. Now he is able to control his powers over demon energy, and aid the elves in their war against the naga.

Skill 1 - Unstable Immolation
Sets the hunter on fire, causing nearby enemy and friendly units to take damage over time. The hunter also takes damage. Lasts until the hunter runs out of mana or life.
(change immolation to target self and allies)

Skill 2 - Mana Blade
The demon hunter uses his blades to strike a targets flesh and spirit, dealing damage to its mana and health.
(Set mana burn to melee range, remove lightning effect, play attack animation)

Skill 3 - Evasivness Aura
Gives the demon hunter and nearby friendly units a chance to dodge attacks)
(change targets of evasion to self, friendly, air, ground, invulnerable, vulnerable [i think])

Skill 4 - Metamorphosis
Turns the demon hunter into a giant fel stalker with mana burn, permenant immolation, evasivness aura and a ranged attack.
(change 'Demon hunter demon form' so its model is 'fel stalker', scaling value: 2 (?), abilities: Listed in description.)

Level 8
Murgy
Murgal Slave
Str > Agi > Int
Murgy holds a great talent of using coral. While the other murgal slaves would use it to stengthen buildings, murgy would sculpt it into magnificent things. The naga noticed this and decided that murgy would be able to take part in the war, fashioning great weapons from coral.

Skill 1 - Coral Armour
Murgy is an expert on making coral armour, which increases his defence.
(change devotion aura to self only)

Skill 2 - Coral Weapons
Murgy is an expert on making coral weapons, which increase his attack.
(change command aura to self only)

Skill 3 - Coral Bed
Murgy can unearth a coral bed anywhere, which produces tiny sea snakes that attack enemies.
(I think that is basically what pocket factory is)

Skill 4 - Coral Battle Tower
Murgy can create a coral tower, a naga tool of war. Once it is complete, murgy or his allies can go into it to activate it. Has a fast ranged attack.
(mess about with 'orc burrow' until you get what you want)

Level 8
Irunot
Ancient of War
Str > Agi = Int
Irunot was created as a normal ancient of war to train and fight. Every day, when the night elves woke, they noticed Irunot was covered in orcish blood. One night, they noticed that every night, Irunot would uproot and slaughter orcs until the morning. They new that Irunot wasn't a normal ancient of war, but the best tool they had in the annihalation of the naga troops.

Skill 1 - Legion of Archers
Irunot is a walking barraks. He can easily summon a legion of elves an fit them with bows to fight.
(A simple summon skill)

Skill 2 - Ancient Stomp
Irunot is one of the biggest ancients in existance. He can throw himself upwards, then smash down, creating a shock that deals damage and stuns nearby enemeis.
(Increase warstomp capabilities)

Skill 3 - Intimidate
Irunot's size alone is very intimidating to enemy heroes. When he is near, all enemy heroes become weaker and move alot slower.
(change targets of endurance aura to target enemy heroes and make the movespeed and attack damage increase negative)

Skill 4 - Warmonger
Irunot can enter a state known as 'warmonger' giving him ...(insert avatar information here)
(Avatar, change to your liking)

Level 8
Leo
Shapeshifter (druid of the claw model)
Int > Agi = Str
Leo was born into a family of druids, and had a great thirst for knowledge. While the other children jumped for joy at summoned lightning or roots, Leo studied in the arts of shapeshifting. He started by turning into a butterfly, then a mouse, and soon enough he was able to turn into mythical and great animals - such as the mighty dragon!

Skill 1 - Bear Form
Leo turns into a bear, allowing him to be a slow melee fighter. Has bash.
(PLEASE NOTE: Heroes cannot turn into units and units cannot turn into heroes - base the bear off of demon form)

Skill 2 - Crow Form
Leo turns into a crow, allowing him to fly and move fast, but have no attack and low health
(again, demon form base. You cannot base 2 abilities from the same base ability, so base the skill from the druid of the sky's crow form. Hero skill = true)

Skill 3 - Roar
Leo has ferality brewing inside of him. When he roars, nearby allies (Insert Druid of the claws roar info here)
(Base off of D.o.t.C roar, or battle roar. again, Hero ability = true)

Skill 4 - Dragon Form
Leo has a skill that no other night elf has - draconic shapeshifting. When he is a dragon, he gains a bonous to health, attack and speed, and also gains the 'flame strike' ability.
(Base off of demon form again, and again edit the stats)

Level 8
Tilar
Blood Elf Paladin (model spellbreaker)
Str > Int = Agi
Tilar was a general in the battle for mount hijal, but was severed by a ghoul. Lying, defenceless, he looked up into the sky and saw the light shining down. An unknown stregnth allowed him to get back up and fight the ghoul. After the battle, he believed that the way of the light was the best path, so founded the order of blood in his city, a place for paladins and priests to train under the holy light.

Skill 1 - Seal of Blood
Tilar can bind an enemy with a powerful banishment - the seal of blood. The enemy takes damage over time and cannot move.
(Entangling roots - change as apropriate)

Skill 2 - Holy Words
Tilar knows of the god's words, and when he speaks them, his allies are healed.
(Base off of either priests 'Heal' if you want it to be autocast, or paladins 'Holy light' if you don't)

Skill 3 - Solar Armour
Tilar's armour is enchanted with solar magic, so whenever an enemy touches it, the enemy is burned. The harder the enemy attacks, the more he is burned.
(change thorns aura to self, increase as appropriate)

Skill 4 - IN PRODUCTION

Last edited:
Level 8
Na'az
Naga bloodfiend (naga tinted red?)
Str > Agi > Int
Na'az is a sadist. He dislikes killing his enemies quickly, but rather wounding them and watching them die from afar. If you ever see Na'az, just remember to run. One strike of his deadly weapon is all it takes. Just remember - blood is thicker than water.

Skill 1 - Bloodletter
Na'az can thrust his spear through enemy units, causing them to bleed, dealing damage over time
(Shadow strike at melee range)

Skill 2 - Transfusion
Na'az can drain a targets health and add it to his own.
(Life drain at a lesser range)

Skill 3 - Bloodthirst
When na'az is coated in his enemies blood, he absorbs it into his skin to heal himself.(change vampric aura to self and increase stats)

Skill 4 - Blood sacrifice
Na'az can perform an unholy ritual which sacrifices a living ally unit so na'az can stay alive.
(Change death pact to give a higher amount)

Level 3
Night Elf Sentry

You could use the Night Elf Sentry skin for this. Basically is a scout. Would have a medium attack range (400) and would be agil based.

Pocket Bomb- Throws a small bomb at a target, dealing minor damage in a small aoe and stunning for a moderate amount of time.

Gifted Vision- Reveals a part of the map for a certain amount of time. (May seem useless in an aos, but can help keep an eye on popular gank spots.This should also not show the enemy that it is being cast [Far seers ability shows a little magical spiral] as to keep the casting a secret.

Envenomed Dagger- Deals damage, as well as damage over time and slows movement speed. (Shadow strike)

Escape Artist (ulti)- Increases movement speed by a large amount for a short period of time.

The abilities stack very well, so balancing may need to be done to make sure this hero isn't overpowered.

GL with your project! :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 15
Water Elemental hero, lets say
Aquanus the Unstable
high health, but spells cost alot of life, so he is either hard to kill or deals alot of damage but is very fragile. He may also lose hp slowly while not in water
1 - Tsunami - crashing wave + knockback. cost mana & health. his main ability
2 - Flooding Surge - channeled. deals X damage per second to all nearby enemies, silences them and reduces movement and attack speed by YY%. Lasts 19 seconds. Drains 5% hp per second. The Hero will not take any damage except the spell's own life drain.
3 - Water Herald - creates a Neutral water elemental with a lot of health, which runs to the target location and explodes, dealing a lot of damage + stun. It cannot be stopped, unless killed (immune to stuns, roots etc.) deals double damage if target area is water. Costs life & mana to cast.
4 - Ultimate - Fury of the Tide - passive; when Aquanus dies, he splits into several Tide Spawns.

Possible addition: Tide Spawns have a long-cast, easily noticeable spell (can be easily interrupted) which, if finished, instantly resurrects Aquanus (the Spawns die then)

Level 4
wow thats for all the ideas there going to help me so much
and trolman i dont worry cause im mainly focusing learing the main parts of jass while adding a few things here and there for the map
oh and phoneix its going alright i think ive got most of the basics down at least but im not possitive i might ask you to check a couple of the triggers for my map when i figure out how to do them properly if you dont mind lol

Level 18
Naga Dalaran Mage

When the naga cpatured dalaran,this guy/fish ( :alol: ) spent many time in the city's librely so he learnd a lot of alliance spells.
1st-Flamestrike (like the blood mage)
2nd-Polymorph-Turns a target enemy unit into a sheep. The targeted unit retains its hit points and armor, but cannot attack. (base it of hex olnly with a sheep model | if you don know how Object Editor-Abilities-Orc-Heroes-Hex
You'll see Morph units change that in to sheep model (there's a flying and swiming sheep model in the editor))
3rd-Summon metal guards (summons 2 : 1lv Battle golems,2lv War golems and 3lv Sige golems
4th Ultimate-Inferno (stronger deamon,our mage found some bad books:infl_thumbs_up: )

Level 15
Emerald Druid
Model - Spirit Walker, etherial form
deals no dmg, but has large mana pool and is immune to physical damage
A powerful Tauren Druid, trapped in the Emerald Dream. Druids of Cenarion Circle has called upon his spirit to aid them in their war with the Naga
Abilities:
Tranquility - same tranquility + removes negative magical effects
Rejuvenation - very strong version of Rejuvenation
Dreamwardens - turns an area of trees into Dream Wardens, healing treants.
Emerald Touch (ultimate) - resurrects up to 18 nearby units and heals all units in 700 radius to full health. Affects enemies too

Level 4
hey everone some unfortunate news for you guys..
im going to be taking a little break for map making to spend some more time with my new fiancee. So now ive got to make a little extra money for weading prep, and got a lot of planning to do so its going to leave next to no time for map making. If anyone wants to pick up the idea they can go right ahead and just show me what you get when its finished lol.
ill prolly still be around the hive most of the time or maybe on bnet 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.