• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero and Ability ideas for my Aos map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Im currently working on a small, or more likely tiny(32x64) aos map with Sunken Ruins theme. Its Nelf vs Naga instead of Nelf vs Undead.

But the problem is, that I need some original and good hero and ability ideas. Currently I have finished one hero called Executioner, thats red Blademaster or something. I was thinking Ogre Lord for the next one, but I lack spell ideas.

So tell me some good spells for Ogre Lord OR you can also suggest full hero ideas. Thanks in advance.

(Im not JASSer, so I cant do uberleet spells)

Level 10
Ogre Lord:
- Confusion: a buff placed at an enemy: whenever this enemy is given the order to move to somewhere, he is ordered to move to the opposite point instead. Also, he will have a chance to miss his attacks. (This would be so funny)
Level 1 - lasts 1.25 seconds.
Level 2 - lasts 1.75 seconds.
Level 3 - lasts 2.5 seconds.
Level 4 - lasts 3.5 seconds.
(the growth is 0.5 wth 0.25 increment)
- Uproar: the Ogre Lord will be enraged the more he is injured. He will have a percentage of stunning depending on the remaining life: [Passive]
Level 1 - The chance to stun is 0.15 times the percentage life lost.
Level 2 - The chance to stun is 0.3 times the percentage life lost.
Level 3 - The chance to stun is 0.45 times the percentage life lost.
Level 4 - The chance to stun is 0.6 times the percentage life lost.
(i.e, if the hero has lost 65% his life, with level 3 Uproar, he will have 29.25% chance of stunning. If he lost 90% his life, with level 4 Uproar, he will have 54% chance of stunning.)
- Withdraw: The ogre lord throws himself at an enemy, dealing damage both to him and the target. The bigger the distance, bigger damage.
Level 1 - The Ogre Lord deals 30% of the distance to the target, and 15% to himself, at a maximum distance of 300.
Level 2 - The Ogre Lord deals 45% of the distance to the target, and 24% to himself, at a maximum distance of 450.
Level 3 - The Ogre Lord deals 60% of the distance to the target, and 33% to himself, at a maximum distance of 600.
Level 4 - The Ogre Lord deals 75% of the distance to the target, and 42% to himself, at a maximum distance of 750.
(i.e, at the maximum level, with the maximum distance, the Ogre Lord will give 562.5 damage, at cost of 315 of his health. But if he has Uproar, it will only benefit him to stun.)
Ultimate - Party Time: The Ogre Lord enters a killing frenzy, greatly increasing its speed, and becoming invulnerable for a moment.
Level 1 - The Ogre Lord has 30% increased attack speed, 5% increased movespeed and his life can't drop below 10%. Lasts 2.5 seconds.
Level 2 - The Ogre Lord has 50% increased attack speed, 10% increased movespeed and his life can't drop below 7.5%. Lasts 3.25 seconds.
Level 3 - The Ogre Lord has 70% increased attack speed, 15% increased movespeed and his life can't drop below 5%. Lasts 4 seconds.
(this is a perfect synergy with all his skills. The hero will be intimidated by the visual effects and the global sound, and will try to run, but confused will walk in the wrong direction and will get very messy. The uproar skill at maximum level, and with 5% health he will have 57% chance of stunning, with 70% increased attack speed will stun certainly, and if the health is low, you can use Withdraw to escape, and you won't die by its damage.)
hope you liked it!

Level 20
I already made another hero since there were no answers, but maybe I can use those spells in later.

Btw dont post in this thread, because I just made up 3 heroes and then... I figured out, that I want to make something different than just an aos. No matter what aos it is, people call it Dota-copy anyway. :/

Level 20
Well...

I decided to continue my map by adding a few basic items and starting to make a new hero, thats a riderles kodo beast (cute :eek:). Already made a "Devour", but as a passive that restores hit points whenever you kill an unit 20/30/40/50hp or a hero 100/200/300/400hp.

Level 5
Need of hero and ability ideas? There's a lot of them here. Be warned though, some of them are too impractical to be made using the world editor.

PS: You don't necessarily have to use the 4/4/4/3 ability leveling system. You can readjust your spells to fit into your own ability system if you like.

For the ogre hero, here is a spell:

Backfire:
The Ogre Lord lights a fart on fire, doing damage to and stunning all enemies behind him.
Level 1 - 100 damage, 1 second.
Level 2 - 200 damage, 1.5 seconds.
Level 3 - 300 damage, 2 seconds.

LOLZ. Now that's what I call creativity. Good spell idea though.

Status
Not open for further replies.