• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AoS idea mixer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Just tossin around some ideas. Add some of your own ideas/Correct my ideas if you would please.

-At the beginning of the game, you choose a hero class. Mage, Defender, Rogue... etc Then it plays like a normal AoS, you hero has 4 hero abilities. One thing different thing would be that your hero would start out with no weapons or attachments on his model. As the game progresses, you get weapons which give you additional stats, appear on your hero and give you an extra ability.

-You get money for being near a combat in which a creep/hero dies just like exp. But you get more exp and gold for getting the killing blow. Allowing a balance in melee vs ranged heroes and not taking away from the badass feeling you get from tearing down 5 creeps and get 200 gold.

-Lane creeps should have abilities, I always find it cool when the mob on your team uses something as simple as warstomp and throws a fireball at the enemy hero.

-More items that are not as good for more customization of your hero. The weapon with the ability would be expensive however.

I kinda liked your idea.Let me give you my opinions.

-Yes,choosing hero class is perfect.But how about choosing abilities too??

-This is quite good.Make it so the closer the hero is,the more gold and exp he wins.More exp and gold when you kill creeps.

-I like creeps having abilities!!They are not just like robots that only attack :thumbs_up:

-Fair enough!

Level 5
-You would be able to choose 1 ability through your weapon. And also, i was thinking of having 4 hero abilities, but not enough total skill points to max out all the skills, forcing customization. Just need to balance all the skill specs.

-Gold and exp radius noted. This would balance the melee heroes and the ranged heroes. Although getting more exp might be rigged, I would have to test that.

Also, what is everyones thoughts on being able to go MIA (Missing in Action) then pop out and gank someone in another lane. Quite a popular thing in dota ive noticed as ive played a few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.