• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Aschy's Arena Idea Factory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8

142581-albums7336-picture84754.png

If you are unfamiliar with my project the title is a link to the development thread. Most of these ideas will not be playable until further notice

Ideas I need:

Hero Player - Hero Ideas

I have recently fallen in love with an idea thanks to the project WoW:Battle of Azeroth by andreariona, this idea is simply that you start off as a basic hero and you can change your type later if you wish. Along with that I have changed heroes from having hero attack and defend types, they will have unit type attacks(piercing, normal, etc) and defenses(light, medium, etc).

Basic things to list with your hero ideas and rules: Hero names, hero class name, attack type, defense type, what hero he can upgrade to, abilities, main attribute, model. You may include others things but balancing will come a lot later. I also will make all triggered abilities so contribute what ever you want, my ideas are just kinda rough and will be changed later its just to show you what I'm thinking. Maximum Hero level is also 14 you may have as little as 9 ability points to spend but also a maximum of 14.

Name: Hexus - only name atm
Class Name: Risen Force
Model: Shade
Main Attribute: Int
Attack Type: Magic
Defense Type: Light
Upgrades to: Bone Ranger(Agi Hero), Skeletal Warrior(Str Hero- I haven't started developing this hero yet), Skeletal Mage (Int Hero- I haven't started developing this hero yet)
Abilities:
-Blink (3 Levels) (We all know this ability)
-Sleep (3 Levels) (We all know this ability)
-Shadow Strike (3 Levels) (We all know this ability)
-Silence (3 Levels) (We all know this ability)
-Wind Walk (3 Levels) (We also all know this ability)

Name: Sticks
Class Name: Bone Ranger
Model: Skeletal Archer
Main Attribute: Agi
Attack Type: Piercing
Defense Type: Medium
Upgrades to: None upgraded from Risen Force
Abilities:
-Dark Tracking (3 Levels) This ability will be an auto cast ability like frost arrows or dark arrows. It will add damage on strike and what ever unit you hit it will give you sight of that unit for a certain duration. Damage and time increases with level.
-Wind Walk (3 Levels) (We all know this ability, but like I said before I will change these around to triggered abilities with spice)
-Not sure of a third ability because I combined two abilities that he already had
-Unholy Sight (1 Level, Ult) This ability will be a passive ability. It will increase the range of sight for the Bone Ranger.
-Attribute Bonus (3 Levels)

General Hero Player - Hero Ideas

For an greater explanation of a General Hero Player Hero see the development thread under the section "Game Play" and subsection "How to Play".

These heroes never fight other troops, all they do is cast abilities from there exiled area. So they do not require changes to the attack type or defense type. There health is very important however, agi at the moment is not (But I will change this later) they also do not upgrade to other hero types. There abilities are comparable to super weapons like in C&C games.

Rules: These heroes only get 4 abilities 3; 3 level abilities, and 1; 1 level ultimate.

Name: Unknown
Class Name: Revenant of Crowns
Model: Revenant of Depths
Main Attribute: Int
Abilities:
-Raise Voice (3 Levels) (Based on Devour Magic) This ability eats buffs and summoned units, for each eaten magic it gives health and mana back to the Hero
-Silence (3 Levels) Unlimited range, silences a HUGE area
-Far Sight (3 Levels) (We all know this one)
-Wisdom Aura (1 Level, Ult) (Based on Brilliance Aura) I will change this up later to do more than regenerate mana as well.

Name: Haven't come up with any originals yet
Class Name: Stealth Captain
Model: Blademaster
Main Attribute: Agi
Abilities:
-Scout (3 Levels) (Based on scout) Lasts much longer and moves faster.
-Stealth Strike (3 Levels) (Based on Chain Lightning) Unlimited range
-Troop Ambush (3 Levels) (Based on Dark Portal) Summons X number of X type units at any point on the map.
-Serpent Wards (1 Level, ult) (Based on Serpent Ward)

General Hero Player - Race Ideas

At the moment I'm still really haven't written anything in stone, if your unaware of how my races work first of all they have no buildings only techs to train new or upgrade units that you already have. So I am looking for ideas for Orc and Night elf but you may contribute ideas to Human or Undead as well.

I have not thought about what I will do for the Orc and Night Elf races yet, you may contribute what ever ideas you have but I'm looking for playing style ideas. For Example: the Human race style starts off kind of slow and has limited options of paths to take, but watch out for them mid game because if they defend you off well enough they become a fierce opponent because there techs are very cheap to buy. On the other hand the Undead race style start off with a decent wave and are able to raise the dead to their advantage. Their techs are very expensive so they do not upgrade fast, however when they get upgrades they are very powerful so watch out your not feeding this war machine.

I may add the techs and units later but for now I mostly just want ideas on race playing styles.

Map Ideas

I currently am using a slightly modified map of blizzards "Dark Forest" which is great for now. In the future I would like to have a map that is kind of the original however, with that said however my plan is to import this into more than just 1 map later when its finished.

But if you have tried the map you will have noticed its nothing like a regular AoS the lanes are not completely written in stone. So really I'm looking to make a map that has the same idea but also has a lot of planning going into it unlike just a random assortment of trees like in "Dark Forest".

So if you have any ideas how the map should be laid out I would be happy to see your ideas, I will release my ideas in the near future I'm just playing around teraining some maps atm.

Original System Ideas

- Gold Loot System (Possibly you gain gold by taking gates, and everyone in the proximity that helped will gain a portion of the loot)
- Item Purchase System and Styles
- Random cataclysmic events?
- Lumber Loot System, Name, and what you spend it on (I'm thinking you gain X lumber every X seconds someone is coming to attack the area near your avatar, then you can use the lumber to launch a counter attack)

Last edited:
Level 8
I love the idea, my whole primary focus with this map is to try and make original changes to it from those seen in regular games. I haven't had much time in the last couple years to try out all the different kinds of maps around here so I'm not sure what has and hasn't been done yet.

I'm just curious how common that system is in other maps, should I come up with a completely different way of gaining money based on actions in my map?

I was thinking of using wood in a different kind of way, but ya I guess the gold loot system is a bit over used.

Thanks for the idea though, I now am rethinking all kinds of systems like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.