• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My WIP Models (WARNING: Contains Large Images!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Both that one and Whitehorn's (have yet to compare) are great. I was just curious as to his take on things. :p

Besides, as good as both of them are, I don't remember if either of them have the true "truncheon" of Wc2... Both have staves/staffs.

Hum. Seems you enjoy re-creating the classics. I'm trying to think of the coolest things from Wc2 or Wc1 that could use some revival.
... Death Knight! Or perhaps a leaner, meaner Gryphon Rider (less of a heavy-hitter, more of a speedy 'wind warrior').
Hmm, I don't know to be honest. Once my Demolition Squad's fixed, finished and uploaded, then that pretty much covers every single unit in WCII. I guess I could try and make a proper WCII Mage after I'm done with my female Mage, we'll see.

What else do you enjoy experimenting with?
Whatever ideas that I would like to put into model form, basically. :)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Hmm, I don't know to be honest. Once my Demolition Squad's fixed, finished and uploaded, then that pretty much covers every single unit in WCII. I guess I could try and make a proper WCII Mage after I'm done with my female Mage, we'll see.
Woah, you're right... Just about everything is made (even most of the buildings).

SinisterX made a Human Mage, IIRC.

AndrewOverload said:
Whatever ideas that I would like to put into model form, basically. :)
Makes sense. Well, let me know if you 'run dry' of ideas; I've got plenty waiting to see the light of day. :p

SinisterX made a Human Mage, IIRC.
You mean this?

v2.1.PNG

Yeah, I think I saw that a few days ago, although to me it looked more like the Conjurer from WC1 to be quite honest. Still a nice model, though.

Makes sense. Well, let me know if you 'run dry' of ideas; I've got plenty waiting to see the light of day. :p
Tell me anyway. You never know if I might be able to turn an idea of yours into reality. :D

its not bad but the wc2 mage looks more like that (i know this is sc2)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/Triceron/Mage_Poses.jpg
http://www.wowpedia.org/images/b/b8/MageW2.gif
but your model looks already nice, especially the ingame screenshot

To be fair, I never did say that it was meant to be 100% accurate to the actual ingame design from WC2 as the model also had elements from some of the artwork of that era. The model should still be a good enough representation though, I just wanted to see what others think.

Oh, I also wanted to admit that I have made a bit of a small blunder in regards to the ingame shot of the model as there seems to be a misbehaving floating book in that picture. This is because I've forgot to reattach the book mesh to the proper bone! :eek:

Thankfully, I've fixed that and uploaded a new version of the in-game shot so that floating book is no more!

Learn my lesson kids, always check for unattached vertices when modelling for WC3! :grin:

maybe that could work. and maybe without the cap on his head? the old wc2 mages had more hair

I've looked into doing that but I don't think I'll be able to remove it without messing up the head. That, and I kind of like the way it looks right now.

EDIT: Oh, and the model is now done!

models_12549_screenshot.jpg

As usual, the download link is in the first post.

Last edited:
BTW do you create buildings aswell? a wc2 mage tower would be nice :D
I could try, but it's not on top priority at the moment.

interested in creating a wc1 slime?
The mesh itself seems pretty easy to do as all it is is just a green blob. Animating it, however, could be tricky. I could consider it, but again it's not top priority.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
It looks nice, but I don't like it that it has the Crypt Fiend's face (or any of Wc3's existing ones for that matter). Any chance you can use your skillz to build a new face? The faces of those wasp thingies look good — could also copy from there.

Level 48
Well, to be honest, speaking from personal experience here, it's fairly difficult to manage to make a new face out of existing Warcraft 3 resources, especially when you're modeling something that isn't a part of a large race(and therefore, a large selection of different faces and facial features that you can mix and match). There's nothing quite like the Nerubian\Crypt Fiend in the game(asides from simple skin-swaps), and therefore, editing a new face would be incredibly difficult. Of course, you could always simply change the size of various features, move them around a bit, etc, but doing that while keeping the wrap pretty and clean can be rather difficult.

The wrap is pretty horrible for the most part. But I really like those gems. :)
Yes, you might want to edit the mesh and the wrap on the fists and feet and especially the helm, but it's a nice idea.
That'll be hard to work with as I would somehow have to make each part distinct from one another, especially the head as I wouldn't want it to blend in too much with the torso. I'll see what I can do, though.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Yes, much. The crystals were great in either version, but now the hands/feet are nicely differentiated; the fingers are a good touch. I'm a little off-put by all the RED that he's slathered with, but it is Blood Elves. :< Nice head-visor-thing.
This style could certainly be put to great effect in a similar series of Nerubian Golems (the diligent Labor Golem, the stalwart Battle Golem, and the mysterious Sphinx Golem).

still waiting for the dwarven team to be released :)

Speaking of which, I still hadn't been able to identify the bug that causes the WE to crash which is why I hadn't been able to give it an official release. The sooner anyone helps out with identifying the bug, then the sooner I can release the Demolition Squad, otherwise it won't be given a proper release. EVER.

Oh, and here's the current build of the model as the last one that I've uploaded here is outdated. Please bear in mind that I've already checked through all of the possible causes and none of them seem to match the problem that I've been having with it.

Attachments

• BuggyDemoSquad.zip
    88.5 KB · Views: 101
Level 18
Speaking of which, I still hadn't been able to identify the bug that causes the WE to crash which is why I hadn't been able to give it an official release. The sooner anyone helps out with identifying the bug, then the sooner I can release the Demolition Squad, otherwise it won't be given a proper release. EVER.

Oh, and here's the current build of the model as the last one that I've uploaded here is outdated. Please bear in mind that I've already checked through all of the possible causes and none of them seem to match the problem that I've been having with it.

i fixed it ... the problem is that u built the particles on a helper or something...
named ''torch'' and that type of particle must depend on bones ... u should move that three particles in the root of bone hand from the "torch"
i just deleted them , then the crash of world editor won't happened again
sorry about my english ... wish u could understand
attachment.php

Attachments

• DemoSquad2.mdx
    94.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 305
Status
Not open for further replies.