• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Models not properly displayed in WE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently completed new unit and portrait models for use in Warcraft III. Unfortunately, whenever I try to import them into the World Editor, they just won't properly display in the preview.

The unit model has some parts which are not visible, and the portrait doesn't seem to display at all. I've made sure that the textures are in the correct path, so that isn't the problem. I've also thoroughly checked for any abnormalities in the War3ModelEditor program where both models appear to be working fine.

I've attached a .ZIP file which contains the files in question so that someone with more experience can have a better look at them and tell me the source of the problem. Any attempt to try and fix them is also welcome.

Attachments

• BuggyModels.zip
    630.8 KB · Views: 81
the texture's path inside the model itself should not be like this :
Code:
		Image "Textures\FemaleKeeper.blp",
just delete the "Texture" part and the "\" the model will be black in-game because "FemaleKeeper.blp" is not present in warcraft mpq folder named "Textures". The engine, in this case, will not be able to locate the path of the texture you have specified.

That worked! Well, sort of...

The portrait model works now, but now I have a new problem with the unit model itself. Bits of the model seem to be floating off in the preview!

Here's what I mean. The first picture that I've attatched is how the model looks in War3ModelEditor, which seems perfectly normal. The second picture is how wrong the model actually looked in the World Editor. See the difference here?

I hope this is a problem that can be fixed, I just need to know how.

Attachments

• GladeEnchantress.jpg
    GladeEnchantress.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 190
  • FloatyBitz.jpg
    FloatyBitz.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 163
Okay, I've tried messing around with Mdlvis. Unfortunately I can't seem to get the offending geosets to properly reattach to the relevant bones without having the model's animations end up looking screwy and wierd even though I've tried everything I could, so I gave up.

I'll have to admit and I may end up sounding like a complete idiot for saying this, but fixing models for Warcraft III is definately not my strong point. This means that I have no choice but to be forced to rely on someone else to fix the bugs that I can't amend.

So, if anyone has the time to help a clueless guy out, could you please help me fix the model? Send the fixed model to me through a PM and in return I'll show my appreciation by giving you a mention in the finished model's description as my way of saying thanks.

I've attatched a new .ZIP file below that contains the model in it's current state (not including the portrait as that's fixed), as well as the relevant texture files.

Status
Not open for further replies.