• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Model displays properly in Magos, but not in WC3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
so i dont know if its a generic problem thats fixable, or if you guys need me to upload the model...

but i have an fx model that works in magos but not wc3... i dunno whats wrong, because ive made a few fx so far (yeah, theyre not amazing but i gota start somewhere XD) and they all worked, but this one doesnt even display. can u help me out?

and i searched the forum a couple times, sorry if i missed a similar thread

Attachments

• Chains of Torment.mdx
    2.8 KB · Views: 68
Level 2
hmm. ok, i heard somewhere that the xy quad messes up, but ive used it for other models and tehy worked, so that confused me.. (only once... so i've seen it used on a bunch of other models...)
and kk, ill try that and see if it works

edit: nothing, i disables xy quad and gave it full 255 alpha all the time

Level 3
Well hello there fellow drake. Dont see anything when i open it with w3model editor, warforger or war3 viewer.

Level 2
and have u tested it ingame? :p for me at least it doesnt show up

edit: wait, u prolyl meant didnt see anythign at all didnt u...

well it works in magos XD

Last edited:
Level 2
oh? what would you suggest i use instead of a particle (realising im really basic when it comes to mdoels) and its jsut for a spell effect on cast

and ill try the bone... but dont feel bad if i dont think that'll work 100%

Level 2
ok, so i was comparing one of my previous models that used the same XY particles that actualyl worked... i changed the speed, visiblilty and all that stuff to the same as my not working model... but kept the emission reate really high... and it worked... brought the emission rate down to 25, and it didnt work... so im thinking it might be that

edit: and btw, the bone didnt work... but im converting that previous model that worked to do the same thing, and testing it now
edit2: oh wtf... i set latitude to 1, and it works :p ok... problem solved (for me anyway... XY quad doesnt work with 0 latitude) this can be closed now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.