• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My WIP Models (WARNING: Contains Large Images!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My WIP & Finished Models (WARNING: Contains Large Images!)

So, I've decided to start a new thread to showcase some of my works in progress. I'll update the first post whenever I add some more WIPs to the thread, or if I update existing WIPs.

Sylvan Enchantress

A hero model based off the Dryad, with some parts that were originally from the Jaina model. I've intended for this to be a female Keeper of the Grove, but I've since decided that the model would probably be better off as something more independant. Aside from one prominent issue that I currently have (see the very last image), the Sylvan Enchantress could turn out to be one of my best works.

122155d1359219840-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-gladeenchantress.png

Preview in War3 Model Editor.

122156d1359219840-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-gladeenchantress2.png

The deer's backside. :ogre_datass:

122157d1359219840-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-gladeenchantress3.png

Looking good!

122158d1359219840-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-gladeenchantress4.png

Portrait preview.

122159d1359219840-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-btnsylvanenchantress.png

Build button.

122161d1359220668-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-floatybitz.png

I REALLY don't think she's supposed to look like this in the World Editor. Of course, I've already made a seperate thread regarding this problem and would really like help with this issue. The portrait turned out fine, though!

UPDATE 1

I've updated her a little. Oh, and she now has a new staff!

122188d1359309154-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-gladeenchantressv2-2.png

Magazine photo shoot?

122189d1359309154-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-gladeenchantressv2-1.png

And a little to the right...

122190d1359309154-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-newstaff.png

Close-up of the staff.

UPDATE 2

What would hopefully be the last update of the Sylvan Enchantress model before fixing the bugs. As you can see, her hair and staff had been adjusted somewhat.

122268d1359578914-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-gladeenchantressv3-4.png

She's pretty.

122269d1359578914-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-gladeenchantressv3-5.png

She's so DAMN pretty.

122270d1359579185-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-gladeenchantressv3-2.png

"What's that? Ooh, a squirrel!"

122271d1359579185-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-gladeenchantressv3-1.png

Sparkles, biatch!

122272d1359579185-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-gladeenchantressv3-3.png

Looks like someone's been put under a spell...

122274d1359579185-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-gladeenchantressv3-portrait.png

Updated portrait.

122273d1359579185-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-btnsylvanenchantressv2.png

And a new buildbutton, too!

UPGRADE PROGRESS (Version 1 to Version 2)

And you thought I was done with her. A couple of people suggested to me that I should use in-game textures on the Sylvan Enchantress instead of the current custom textures that she uses right now. So, as per request, I've been working on a major upgrade and I'm suprised by how well things have turned out! Sometimes I even amaze myself.

122562d1360514379-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-sylvanenchantress-upgrade1.png

Now made without the extra baggage of custom textures!

122563d1360514379-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-sylvanenchantress-upgrade2.png

The deer's backside... RELOADED! :ogre_datass:

122564d1360514379-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-sylvanenchantress-upgrade3.png

There's no loitering around in HER grove...

OLD RELEASES

Original - Current Release (Animated GIF)

attachment.php

CURRENT RELEASE

Long time, new update! Changes include...

- The cape has been lengthened a bit and its animations are reworked. Personally, I think it looks nicer.
- A new and improved portrait.
- Reworked the Dissipate animation, looking more like those of the official WC3 hero units minus the Undead ones.
- Applied some visual tweaks here and there. They may not be immediately noticable, though.

Shadow Warrior

A male Night Elf ninja/assassin themed unit that was created because of a distinct lack of male Night Elven units that are NOT druids. Clearly inspired by this model, although where that one is intended to be a hero, mine is to be used as a regular unit.

122744d1361123894-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-shadowwarrior3.png

122740d1361123894-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-shadowwarrior1.png

He's gonna go ninjitsu on your asses!

122742d1361123894-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-shadowwarrior2.png

Silent and deadly... man, that smells so bad.

OLD RELEASES

Original

122776d1361281029-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-shadowwarrioringame.png

attachment.php

CURRENT RELEASE

Updated the model as per a moderator's request.

Misha said:
23:01, 7th Apr 2013
Misha: hmm.. on portrait, could you try binding the lower part of his hood to the body? it just looks off to have that hood poke into the other mesh that much. On the main model, there is a slight clipping issue with the front TC-thing and legs and as he walks, that could use tweaking.
also what you could do, although optional, is to make those eyes on the portrait blink occasionally, that'll give it a lill nicer feel :) maybe on a global animation?
I have made the following changes since then.

- Made changes to the portrait as suggested. Also changed the head on the main model accordingly.
- I didn't manage to get rid of all the clipping between the legs during the Walk animation but it should be less noticable. I think. If it still is, then at least I've done the best I could.
- Also, I've made the Death and Decay Flesh animations look a little better.

Female Human Mage

A VERY heavy edit of the Jaina model that's pieced together from various other meshes such as the Elven Sorceress and the female Villager, and she comes complete with long flowing robes! Like the Shadow Warrior before her, this model is also intended to be used as a regular unit.

122899d1361631166-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-femalemage1.png

122900d1361631166-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-femalemage2.png

This gal certainly knows how to read a book.

122901d1361631166-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-femalemage3.png

Tch... poser!

122902d1361631166-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-femalemage4.png

"The fawk did you just call me?!"

:vw_death:

UPDATE 1

I've given her a bit of a facelift by swapping the face textures with that of the female Villager and modifying the UV wrap a bit to accomodate the change. She should look a little more different from the Sorcress now.

122928d1361655859-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-femalemage-newface.png

Yes. I am, in fact, a qualified plastic surgeon!

OLD RELEASES

Original

attachment.php

CURRENT RELEASE

A new update. Changes include...

- Some meshes have been ajusted and/or given new textures. Several UV wraps have also been re-adjusted as well.
- Bones and animations have been tweaked to look a little better and also to minimise clipping issues.
- The left arm now matches the right one.

Human Catapult

Some of you may remember that in the very first Warcraft game, long before the Humans managed to gain the support of other races to form what is now known as the Alliance during the Second War, they only made use of their own technology in order to fight back against the first Orc invasion. Among these Human-made weaponry are the Catapults which are very similar in function to their Orcish counterparts.

However, in WC1 both Orc and Human Catapults had identical designs, so I had to modify WC3's existing Orc Catapult in order to make it look more like a seperate Human design. The result is something that is intended to be used alongside the regular Orc Catapult, making it useful in First War themed maps but could also see some use in other areas.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Now, the exterior may look a bit "wooden" at first...

attachment.php

But as you can see, this ride has been thoroughly... "pimped".

attachment.php

WARNING: May contain small parts.

attachment.php

Out for field testing.

attachment.php

Ooh, buttons!

OLD RELEASES

Original

attachment.php

CURRENT RELEASE

I've removed the wings from the chassis and added a bit more metal to it. It should look a bit better now. The mesh has been slightly altered, too.

Warcraft II Mage

Another remake of a retro unit, this time the Human Mage from Warcraft II! As there is no good model for this guy yet, I've decided to do my own take on him based on the Necromancer. I've tried to remain faithful to the original design as possible, but with my own artistic tweaks here and there. Hopefully he should look pleasing.

attachment.php

attachment.php

"I'm a busy man."

attachment.php

"Don't anger me..."

attachment.php

"I'VE WARNED YOU!!!"

attachment.php

They've come to Polymorph your asses!

OLD RELEASES

Original

attachment.php

CURRENT RELEASE

Updated for approval. The ball on the staff has been replaced with a billboarded mesh. In addition, the model now has seperate Attack and Spell animations.

Crypt Drone

An Undead flying unit that is based off the "Nerubian flyer" concept art made for Wrath of the Lich King found here, with my own touches. Basically, the model will have the appearance of an unsettling fusion between a spider and a wasp, resulting in a very nasty looking creature!

As you can see, the Crypt Drone bears some resemblance to the Crypt Fiend. This is because the unit is intended to be morphed from the Crypt Fiend in a similar manner to Zerg units. You can blame Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm for that idea...

Oh, and this will also be my first attempt at making scratch-made animations! Hopefully I would survive the ordeal. :xxd:

attachment.php

attachment.php

A bit of a side profile.

attachment.php

Am I bugging you yet? :grin:

attachment.php

And the cocoon which it spawns from.

CURRENT RELEASE

Blood Elf Arcane Guardian

My take on a canonical Blood Elven... thing. The original design is obviously from World of Warcraft. I couldn't find a suitable texture that would make it look similar to the WoW version, so I had to make do with creating what looks like an armoured version of it. The model itself was modified from the Iron Golem because, well... it's just a suitable enough base.

attachment.php

attachment.php

See? There is no on and off button!

attachment.php

A slight custom paint job.

UPDATE 1

I've swapped the forearms and feet of the Arcane Guardian with the Mountain Giant. I've also edited the mesh and re-adjusted the UV wrap of various parts of the model. It should look much better now!

attachment.php

Yeah, couldn't think of anything witty to say about this pic...

CURRENT RELEASE

Glade Reaver

My second male Night Elf themed unit, just because they NEED MOAR GUYZ. This one in particular comes from the same sort of race as the Dryad, Keeper of the Grove and my very own Sylvan Enchantress model which I've already done earlier, as you all know. He is also designed to be used as a fast and hard-hitting melee unit, as evident by his BIG FUCKING HAMMER. Ouch!

attachment.php

I was going to insert a joke that's to do with this one bloke called "MC Hammer", but it's already overused.

UPDATE 1

I've now glued his mouth shut to make him look less stonefaced and altered the UV wrap on the back to look more natural.

attachment.php

No more back boobies! Erm, yeah...

UPDATE 2

Made some more alterations to the face, hopefully it'll look more pleasing. I've also made the hair a little more low res looking by altering the UV wrap, so it'll clash less with the face.

attachment.php

Facial surgery, now available for... whatever the hell those guys are supposed to be.

OLD RELEASES

Original

attachment.php

CURRENT RELEASE

Updated for approval. Changes include...

- Tweaked the Stand 2 animation so that the head of the hammer no longer clips with the arm.
- Added a small beard to cover up some of the bad UV wrap around the lower part of the face.
- Filled in the gaps of the pauldron.

Forsaken Archer

I always thought that the Undead race lacked an early game ranged unit that is able to attack air units, so I made one. The model is based on the existing Skeleton Archer but uses an edited Zombie mesh for the main body so that he looks more "fleshy". Additional parts have been added as well, such as the Acolyte's hood and a modified head mesh from the Dreadlord, giving him a sort of Forsaken-ish appearance. The Death animation had also completely changed and Decay animations have been added.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Preview in World Editor.

CURRENT RELEASE

Turtle Caravan

This is a non-combat unit model that I've made for the Naga, but could also be used for pretty much any other aquatic race you could think of. The concept behind the Turtle Caravan is to give the Naga a mobile drop-off point for recources, effectively giving them their own unique resource gathering mechanic. Mur'gul Slaves can also go inside the Turtle Caravan for protection.

Oh, and fucking TURTLES. Who doesn't like 'em? :goblin_yeah:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Preview in World Editor.

CURRENT RELEASE

models_12736_screenshot.jpg

Download Model

No icon is provided for this model, just use the Gargantuan Turtle icon that is already provided by the game.

Naga Tentacled Guardian

A first attempt at making a model for a building, in this case a heavy defensive structure for the Naga. I've made some edits to the base Tidal Guardian mesh to make it look different from the original, the most notable of which is replacing the sea serpent with a giant tentacle. Some coral have also been added on top of some the rocks surrounding the pool so that you could easily tell it apart from the original Tidal Guardian while the tentacle isn't shown.

As for what it could possibly do ingame, the Tentacled Guardian should be more effective at defending your base against hordes of ground-based enemies than the Tidal Guardian as it can slaughter whole clusters of troops in a line. The Tentacled Guardian should also be effective while defending against enemy ships. However, the Tentacled Guardian cannot attack air units whereas the Tidal Guardian can, meaning that the most effective defense for a Naga base should be a combination of the two.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Preview in World Editor. Notice how different the Tentacled Guardian looks compared to the original Tidal Guardian.

CURRENT RELEASE

Naga Royal Vault

Another Naga structure, this time one that is edited from the Nerubian Ziggurat. I've always thought that a remapped Nerubian Ziggurat would make a good base for a Naga structure. In addition, I have added some snake statues and a glowing orb to further complete that Naga look and feel. Possible uses for this model could include an item shop or a research structure.

attachment.php

CURRENT RELEASE

Naga Nazjatar Gate

This should be the last Naga building that I'd make. For this one I thought that the Waygate would also make a nice base for a Naga structure, so I've basically edited it in a similar manner to the Royal Vault. The Nazjatar Gate could be used as either a unit production structure akin to Starcraft's Protoss Gateway or perhaps even an alternate thematic Waygate model. I'll let you guys be the judge of what this could be used for. :wink:

attachment.php

UPDATE 1

I have added a base to the Nazjatar Gate so that it'll look good on elevated areas. One or two other minor tweaks have been made as well.

attachment.php

With base added.

UPDATE 2

I have redone the base to better fit the shape of the building. In addition, I have switched the texture of the stairs.

attachment.php

With new base and stairs

CURRENT RELEASE

Faceless One Tentacle Pit

Remember when you guys said that my Naga Tentacled Guardian, if modified, would make a great defensive structure for the Faceless Ones? Well, I've kept my promise and made this. :wink:

This version has a different pool where the tentacle pops out of from the original Tentacled Guardian. The teamcoloured base of the pool is a modified Sacrificial Pit that was remapped to use the metal parts of the Faceless One texture. The swirling portal pretty much remains the same and is of a permanent purple colour rather than being teamcoloured. The tentacle itself is, of course, reskinned. In addition to these changes, I have also made a custom birth attachment for this structure.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Preview in World Editor.

CURRENT RELEASE

Gnomish Field Engineer

Okay, now onto something completely different... a female gnome engineer on a mechanostrider. That's got to be a first for WCIII, right? :crazz:

The idea behind this girl is to give the Alliance a support unit that is meant to tag along with other mechanical units such as Seige Engines. The Field Engineer does this by utilising various abilities, such as repairing a nearby mechanical unit or giving it increased attack damage. The reason that she is mounted on a mechanostrider is because... well, she would have to catch up with them somehow!

As for the model itself, the rider was heavily edited from the Villager Child as a base, with the head mesh being remapped and edited to look more feminine. In addition, the rest of her body was also retextured and remapped, while parts from various other models (some of which that you might recognise from my earlier Dwarven Demolition Squad) are also used to make her look more the part for an engineer. The Field Engineer's trusty mchanostrider, minus the lighting around the eyes, is also 100% fully made from scratch. No, I am not kidding on that one, it's a first for me. :grin:

However, there might be a few issues with the model if not taken into context, the main problem being that there are no suitable voices for a female gnome in WCIII, nor even any gnomish voices in general as the gnomes seem to have only officially re-emerged in the lore during the post-WCIII/WoW era. By taking that into account, I thought that the safest bet would be to make the portrait work in a similar manner to the Goblin Shredder. By that, I mean that the rider's face is actually made visible in the portrait, but will not actually talk as the 'strider would be the one making all the noise.

attachment.php

Preview in War3 Model Editor. Note that the model hasn't even been animated yet. However, it is fully rigged.

UPDATE 1

I'm honestly suprised with all the positive feedback for this model, so it looks like that this model would be a definite success! I really appreciate it.

Okay, so I've made a few updates to the model in an attempt to make it look even more impressive. I've added a bit more teamcolour to the mechanostrider's leg struts (at least I think that is what they're called), changed it's neck texture to look less metallic and made a few adjustments to the mesh and UV wrap on the gnome's face to make her look even better than she already is. In addition, there are also a couple of other tweaks here and there.

Most important of all, though, is the fact that the model is now fully animated! Wish I could properly show some of them if I only knew how to properly render the animations on Warcraft 3 Viewer or some other program, but it's fairly safe to say that I really like what I have got so far. :grin:

attachment.php

Second preview in War3 Model Editor.

attachment.php

Preview in World Editor.

attachment.php

And a little something that's made just for laughs. :crazz:

UPDATE 2

I've made some major changes to the rider. First of all, she now has teamcoloured hair and eyebrows to make her look more gnomish and also to balance out teamcolouring. Her face also had some further changes in order to better suit the new hair. In addition, she has a new, more feminine torso mesh and her overall body shape had also been tweaked. The mechanostrider remains as is.

attachment.php

Third preview in War3 Model Editor.

attachment.php

Close up of the rider.

CURRENT RELEASE

Dwarven Demolition Squad

Just like in good old Warcraft II! Out of all of the units in that game, the Dwarven Demolition Squad is one of the very few, if not the ONLY ONE, that hadn't yet got a model made for the sequel up to now. So, I've made one based off the Mortar Team.

122152d1359219789-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-demosquad.png

122153d1359219840-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-demosquad2.png

Another preview.

122154d1359219840-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-demosquad3.png

Death Spell animation. Yes, they DO explode!

122160d1359220668-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-noboom.png

Or rather, they're SUPPOSED to. The other animations work fine, however. This particular bug has been fixed now.

UPDATE 1

Major update. As people have suggested, I have made the Demolition Squad look more like they do in Warcraft II thanks to a texture change and a "borrowed" Orc helmet.

122359d1359824597-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-demosquadv2.png

"Bombs are great!"

UPDATE 2

Another update. With some artistic liberty, I gave the small guy a torch and the bigger guy a backpack. I've also resized the explosive keg just a notch. They look a bit more like a Demolition Squad now!

122362d1359832716-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-demosquadv3-1.png

Smokey the Bear will NOT like the look of this!

122363d1359832716-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-demosquadv3-2.png

This backpack may look "primitive", but there's certainly a lot of "bang" in it...

UPDATE 3

This should be the final update before preparation for release. The big guy looks significatly different now and he now has a bigger backpack.

122366d1359845168-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-demosquadfinal-1.png

Well, one of 'em seems to have his best shirt on...

122367d1359845168-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-demosquadfinal-2.png

See? Bigger IS better!

122368d1359845168-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-btndemosquad.png

And a buildbutton just for the sake of completeness.

UPDATE 4

I've tested the model in the World Editor and it seems to be working fine. However, I'm not entirely sure if I could keep the textures that the model has right now or completely switch to ingame textures. I'll let you guys decide on that one!

122779d1361300641-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-demosquadingame.png

Blocked cave entrance in 3... 2... 1...

UPDATE 5

I've completely switched the Demolition Squad's textures with ingame ones, making a few changes in the process.

122897d1361631166-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-demosquadv5-1.png

Who knew that they actually have a wardrobe!

122898d1361631166-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-demosquadv5-2.png

"Brb, going to tavern."

UPDATE 6

Changed the head texture of the little guy with the Bandit Mage, re-adjusting the UV wrap to fit the new texture. I've also given the bigger guy his goggles back in the form of a new geoset.

122945d1361731380-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-demosquad-newheads.png

Yeah, new head and stuff. Nothing else to see here.

UPDATE 7

Delorin gave me a few pointers that could help me improve the model and, well...

attachment.php

Yes, the teamcoloured shirt is back!

attachment.php

From another perspective...

attachment.php

And the little guy is no longer wall-eyed.

Attachments

• DemoSquad2.png
    DemoSquad2.png
    425.1 KB · Views: 2,093
  • DemoSquad.png
    DemoSquad.png
    437.2 KB · Views: 2,132
  • DemoSquad3.png
    DemoSquad3.png
    943 KB · Views: 2,106
  • GladeEnchantress.png
    GladeEnchantress.png
    394.1 KB · Views: 2,752
  • GladeEnchantress2.png
    GladeEnchantress2.png
    421.9 KB · Views: 2,735
  • GladeEnchantress3.png
    GladeEnchantress3.png
    418 KB · Views: 2,988
  • GladeEnchantress4.png
    GladeEnchantress4.png
    917.9 KB · Views: 2,545
  • BTNSylvanEnchantress.png
    BTNSylvanEnchantress.png
    9 KB · Views: 3,461
  • NoBoom.png
    NoBoom.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 2,101
  • FloatyBitz.png
    FloatyBitz.png
    20 KB · Views: 2,432
  • GladeEnchantressV2-1.png
    GladeEnchantressV2-1.png
    361.1 KB · Views: 2,420
  • NewStaff.png
    NewStaff.png
    517.8 KB · Views: 2,596
  • GladeEnchantressV2-2.png
    GladeEnchantressV2-2.png
    354.7 KB · Views: 2,611
  • GladeEnchantressV3-4.png
    GladeEnchantressV3-4.png
    349.5 KB · Views: 2,357
  • GladeEnchantressV3-5.png
    GladeEnchantressV3-5.png
    333 KB · Views: 2,150
  • GladeEnchantressV3-2.png
    GladeEnchantressV3-2.png
    376.1 KB · Views: 2,306
  • GladeEnchantressV3-1.png
    GladeEnchantressV3-1.png
    440 KB · Views: 2,544
  • GladeEnchantressV3-3.png
    GladeEnchantressV3-3.png
    297 KB · Views: 2,195
  • BTNSylvanEnchantressV2.png
    BTNSylvanEnchantressV2.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 3,010
  • GladeEnchantressV3-Portrait.png
    GladeEnchantressV3-Portrait.png
    845.4 KB · Views: 2,099
  • DemoSquadV2.png
    DemoSquadV2.png
    555.7 KB · Views: 2,277
  • DemoSquadV3-2.png
    DemoSquadV3-2.png
    879.2 KB · Views: 1,895
  • DemoSquadV3-1.png
    DemoSquadV3-1.png
    641.8 KB · Views: 2,436
  • DemoSquadFinal-2.png
    DemoSquadFinal-2.png
    841.9 KB · Views: 1,870
  • BTNDemoSquad.png
    BTNDemoSquad.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 1,748
  • DemoSquadFinal-1.png
    DemoSquadFinal-1.png
    752.4 KB · Views: 1,891
  • SylvanEnchantress-Upgrade1.png
    SylvanEnchantress-Upgrade1.png
    356.8 KB · Views: 2,631
  • SylvanEnchantress-Upgrade2.png
    SylvanEnchantress-Upgrade2.png
    394.6 KB · Views: 2,039
  • SylvanEnchantress-Upgrade3.png
    SylvanEnchantress-Upgrade3.png
    390.8 KB · Views: 2,187
  • ShadowWarrior1.png
    ShadowWarrior1.png
    396.7 KB · Views: 2,319
  • ShadowWarrior2.png
    ShadowWarrior2.png
    423.6 KB · Views: 2,034
  • ShadowWarrior3.png
    ShadowWarrior3.png
    368.6 KB · Views: 2,011
  • ShadowWarriorIngame.png
    ShadowWarriorIngame.png
    721.2 KB · Views: 1,881
  • DemoSquadIngame.png
    DemoSquadIngame.png
    880.8 KB · Views: 2,134
  • DemoSquadV5-1.png
    DemoSquadV5-1.png
    623.5 KB · Views: 2,941
  • DemoSquadV5-2.png
    DemoSquadV5-2.png
    793.1 KB · Views: 1,704
  • FemaleMage3.png
    FemaleMage3.png
    388 KB · Views: 2,687
  • FemaleMage4.png
    FemaleMage4.png
    398.4 KB · Views: 1,923
  • FemaleMage2.png
    FemaleMage2.png
    345.2 KB · Views: 1,999
  • FemaleMage1.png
    FemaleMage1.png
    348.7 KB · Views: 4,418
  • FemaleMage-NewFace.png
    FemaleMage-NewFace.png
    566.2 KB · Views: 2,750
  • DemoSquad-NewHeads.png
    DemoSquad-NewHeads.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,273
  • HumanCatapult1.png
    HumanCatapult1.png
    533.5 KB · Views: 2,294
  • HumanCatapult2.png
    HumanCatapult2.png
    594.2 KB · Views: 1,779
  • HumanCatapult3.png
    HumanCatapult3.png
    554.3 KB · Views: 2,014
  • HumanCatapult4.png
    HumanCatapult4.png
    655.8 KB · Views: 1,771
  • HumanCatapultIngame.png
    HumanCatapultIngame.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,785
  • BTNHumanCatapult.png
    BTNHumanCatapult.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 1,659
  • HumanCatapultPreview.png
    HumanCatapultPreview.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,769
  • DemoSquadV6-1.png
    DemoSquadV6-1.png
    682.1 KB · Views: 2,993
  • DemoSquadV6-2.png
    DemoSquadV6-2.png
    828.6 KB · Views: 1,649
  • DemoSquadV6-3.png
    DemoSquadV6-3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,582
  • WC2Mage-4.png
    WC2Mage-4.png
    396.5 KB · Views: 1,718
  • WC2Mage-1.png
    WC2Mage-1.png
    331.8 KB · Views: 2,055
  • WC2Mage-2.png
    WC2Mage-2.png
    289.5 KB · Views: 1,799
  • WC2Mage-3.png
    WC2Mage-3.png
    317.7 KB · Views: 1,762
  • WC2MageIngame.png
    WC2MageIngame.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,728
  • CryptFlyer-4.png
    CryptFlyer-4.png
    791.8 KB · Views: 1,697
  • CryptFlyer-1.png
    CryptFlyer-1.png
    283.9 KB · Views: 1,810
  • CryptFlyer-2.png
    CryptFlyer-2.png
    520.7 KB · Views: 1,758
  • CryptFlyer-3.png
    CryptFlyer-3.png
    348.5 KB · Views: 1,736
  • ArcaneGuardian-1.png
    ArcaneGuardian-1.png
    615.6 KB · Views: 1,968
  • ArcaneGuardian-2.png
    ArcaneGuardian-2.png
    659 KB · Views: 1,587
  • ArcaneGuardian-3.png
    ArcaneGuardian-3.png
    637.5 KB · Views: 1,595
  • ArcaneGuardianV2.png
    ArcaneGuardianV2.png
    829 KB · Views: 1,542
  • ShadowWarriorIngameV3.png
    ShadowWarriorIngameV3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,705
  • GladeReaver.png
    GladeReaver.png
    699.7 KB · Views: 1,760
  • GladeReaverV2.png
    GladeReaverV2.png
    716.4 KB · Views: 3,047
  • GladeReaver-Faec.png
    GladeReaver-Faec.png
    986.8 KB · Views: 1,600
  • FemaleMagePreview.png
    FemaleMagePreview.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,602
  • WC2MagePreview.png
    WC2MagePreview.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,478
  • GladeReaverPreview.png
    GladeReaverPreview.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,377
  • UndeadArcher.png
    UndeadArcher.png
    570.8 KB · Views: 1,650
  • UndeadArcherIngame.png
    UndeadArcherIngame.png
    916.6 KB · Views: 1,282
  • TurtleCaravanIngame.png
    TurtleCaravanIngame.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,283
  • TurtleCaravan.png
    TurtleCaravan.png
    803.3 KB · Views: 1,535
  • TentacledGuardianIngame.png
    TentacledGuardianIngame.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,185
  • TentacledGuardian.png
    TentacledGuardian.png
    491.2 KB · Views: 1,461
  • RoyalVault.png
    RoyalVault.png
    477.3 KB · Views: 1,416
  • NagaPortal.png
    NagaPortal.png
    445.4 KB · Views: 1,303
  • NagaPortalV2.png
    NagaPortalV2.png
    493 KB · Views: 1,324
  • NagaPortalV3.png
    NagaPortalV3.png
    471.4 KB · Views: 1,402
  • TentaclePit.png
    TentaclePit.png
    296.2 KB · Views: 1,452
  • TentaclePitIngame.png
    TentaclePitIngame.png
    935.8 KB · Views: 1,106
  • GnomeFieldEngineer.png
    GnomeFieldEngineer.png
    602.3 KB · Views: 1,356
  • GnomeFieldEngineerV2.png
    GnomeFieldEngineerV2.png
    581.1 KB · Views: 1,057
  • GnomeFieldEngineerIngame.png
    GnomeFieldEngineerIngame.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,287
  • Mechanostrider_LOL.png
    Mechanostrider_LOL.png
    248.9 KB · Views: 1,032
  • GnomeFieldEngineerV3.png
    GnomeFieldEngineerV3.png
    589.6 KB · Views: 1,037
  • GnomeFieldEngineerCloseup.png
    GnomeFieldEngineerCloseup.png
    894.3 KB · Views: 1,376
  • SylvanEnchantressDevelopment.gif
    SylvanEnchantressDevelopment.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,780
Last edited:
Level 21
Would be great if you made the Dwarves look like they do in Warcraft II, and the Dryad Hero is looking good. :p

I'm glad that people like the changes! :D

However, I'm still stuck on the proplem with importing the Sylvan Enchantress to the World Editor, as you may have already seen. Apparently the problem is that the offending vertices are not properly attached to the bones, so I would really like to know how to re-attatch the vertices to the proper bones in Mdlvis without messing up the animations. That's the only thing that's preventing me from releasing the model.

As for the Dwarven Demo Squad, I'll see what I can do to make them look more like they do in WC2. I suppose stealing the Orc Grunt's helmet to put on the little guy while changing the texture of the base model should suffice.

Sorry for the double post, but I've made the (hopefully) final update for the Sylvan Enchantress. As usual, pics can be found in the first post.

As for the issues that I've been having with the model in the World Editor, I would still like to know how to properly re-attach the verticies in Mdlvis without screwing up the animations so that I would know what to do just incase I ever encounter those bugs again. However, I've also attached the updated models here just incase anyone wants to try and fix the bugs themselves. The portrait and buildbutton are not included since they both work just fine in the World Editor and will be reserved for the proper release.

Attachments

• BuggyModelsV3.zip
    500.1 KB · Views: 96
Really interesting. Are there texture changes as well or are you still using ingame textures?

Both for this one. The main "Mortar Team" body uses an edited texture, while the rest of the parts still use in-game textures.

Speaking of which, another update! I've made some additions to the Demolition Squad now, namely a torch and a backpack. There's another image in the first post for those who want a better look at the backpack. I'll see about editing the big guy some more later.

attachment.php

EDIT: Okay, I've made one last update to the Demolition Squad. The big guy should now look significantly different than before, and I've also made some adjustments to his backpack. More images in the first post, as usual.

122366d1359845168-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-demosquadfinal-1.png

Last edited:
Looks quite cool, but it is totally doable with ingame textures, try that.

Hmm, I don't know... for some reason I just felt more comfortable working with seperate edited textures. I could try only using in-game textures for a future project though, but for now I'm sticking to my strengths. Yes, I do realise that each path has their own benefits and problems...

As for updates, remember my Sylvan Enchantress?

122613d1360698423-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-sylvanenchantressingame.png

That's right, I've finally managed to get her to work ingame! Blame my stupidity for not figuring out the obvious in the first place. :grin:

And what's more, she's now up for download! Check the first post for the link.

Last edited:
Level 21
Any idea when you will let people use your Dwarf model and I think I'm going to use it for my project. :p

So whats the problem caused that in the first place? Perhaps I (or other people) can learn a thing or two from your mistake.

Anyway the model looks cool. Are you planning on sharing it at hive models section? :)

The problem was that various parts of the model were floating off. This is because the offending vertices weren't properly attatched to the appropriate bones. I was trying to figure out how to re-attach them and it was only until last night that I actually noticed that it is exactly what the "Re-attach Vertices" command was for. I have facepalmed ever since and will not dare to make that same mistake again. :xxd:

As for uploading it to the Hive, I might do that when I get the chance. We'll see.

Any idea when you will let people use your Dwarf model and I think I'm going to use it for my project. :p

When I release it, obviously. :wink:

New update! After reading a couple of suggestions regarding the textures being used for my Sylvan Enchantress, I've decided to give her a little upgrade.

attachment.php

As always, more images can be found in the first post. As you can see, I have added and removed some parts while trying to cleverly adapt the in-game textures to the model in an attempt to make her look better than the original and I think I've made a pretty decent effort. I'm not sure if I can add more to her, though!

Level 3
Both models look astoundingly good and high quality !

One remark though, when seen from behind the barrel held by the larger dwarf looks like a keg of beer ; perhaps adding a "warning" sticker or making it metal would solve this ? Again, that would make a lot of work for a very small issue, so doesn't really matter ...

Keep up the good work ! :)

One question, the cape behind her, will it animate? I mean will it flow with the movement of the model? It will look pretty stiff if it doesnt.

Not at this current time, as I am not yet familiar with animating. I only just know how to stick vertices to bones. I may look into it at some point, but for now it'll be stiff. It'll probably not be too noticable in-game as it's fairly short, but that might just be me.

But still, Im amazed how you guys able to learn modeling quickly. Kinda made me jealous...

Time and patience, my friend. Time and patience. :wink:

I totally liked the old one more.

The belt and stuff were really original. Now it looks like a CotG with Dryad texture and jaina's staff and hood. :(

The reason I've removed the belt is because I thought it wouldn't look good with the changed textures, and the staff is actually the same sort of design, just with different textures. Looks like I can't please everyone, especially since I've gotten comments to change the damn textures in the first place...

:vw_unimpressed:

How about if I can change the staff a little bit to make it look more like the original version (by that I mean at least adding the vines back in) and try to make a re-worked version the belt, would that make it any better?

EDIT: Okay, so I've added the belt back in and also made the staff look nature-y again. Should look a bit more closer to the original now, don't you think?

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• SylvanEnchantress-Belt.png
    SylvanEnchantress-Belt.png
    374.8 KB · Views: 594
  • SylvanEnchantress-Staff.png
    SylvanEnchantress-Staff.png
    553 KB · Views: 676
Last edited:
Okay, this should be the last update to the Sylvan Enchantress before I move on to a different model, which I'll post in-progress screenhots of soon.

models_12405_screenshot.jpg

Download link's in first post as usual.

EDIT: And here he is!

122740d1361123894-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-shadowwarrior1.png

From the darkness, the Night Elven Shadow Warrior has arrived! There's a couple more pics up on the first post, too.

Last edited:
Level 21
Okay, I've now completely changed the textures of the Dwarven Demolition Squad for ingame ones.

122897d1361631166-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-demosquadv5-1.png

I've also been working on a new model, a female Human Mage!

122899d1361631152-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-femalemage1.png

As usual, more pictures for both the updated Demolition Squad and the female Mage can be found in the first post.

I would prefer if the Dwarf group and the dwarf with the helmet never had any googles.

Okay, I have some good news and bad news.

The good news is that the Dwarven Demolition Squad is almost ready for upload!

The bad news is that it has a bug that I cannot seem to identify when I try to import it into the World Editor! I've gone through the list of possible issues found here but the model does not fall under any of them.

1. GeosetAnims that do not point to a geoset (ie no 'GeosetId' line). All GeosetAnims point to a corresponding geoset. Check!
  2. Dodgy extents -- negative maxes and positive mins (beware when editing the Marine and Tauren). No dodgy extents as far as I'm concerned. Check!
  3. Team-colored particles (when not modified from an existing emitter). No team-coloured particles. Check!
  4. Animations which last 0 seconds. There are no animations which last that long. Check!
  5. Lights when attached to root bone (only sometimes). No lights attached to root bone/ Check!
  6. Certain texture animations (if not done properly). No animated textures. Check!
  7. Polycount (if higher than 100000). 829 polies. Check!
  8. Faulty Ribbon Emitters. No ribbon emitters. Check!
Beyond that, I have no clue. I've attatched the .zip file for anyone who can help me look into this glaring problem. I've already checked the portrait model and that worked fine which is the reason why I didn't include it.

Attachments

• BuggyDemoSquad.zip
    86.7 KB · Views: 69
That's exactly what happened with me, I just have no idea onn what could potentially be causing those crashes since I've never found any of the known major faults.

If anyone does find out what the cause of the problem is, then I would definately like to know so that I would keep it in mind for future reference.

EDIT: On the other hand, I did make a new model... a Human Catapult!

123150d1362165867-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-humancatapult1.png

More pics... first post. You should know the routine by now.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Ooh, quite nice. No use have I for a Human counterpart Catapult, but it's rather sweet and, like you said, useful for "First War" maps.

However, I really feel it needs some more metal or stone or something. Heck, maybe even just a different wood texture; it all seems rather uniform. :<

Level 9
You should upload that dwarven demolition team, it looks really good. I liked the custom textures better, but you can pick. As you're the model creator.

Level 48
Could the problem be related to unused materials? 'Cause I found one(in Frank's version). Not sure which one it is, I just went over them and tried to delete them all, to check for the warning.

Also, I think the fat guy definitely needs a teamcolored shirt. Try to find one in-game. Be creative. ^^
I don't think the peasant's shirt wrap is too great, to be honest. Also, maybe touch up the short dwarf's head a bit? His eyes should probably be a bit further apart, he looks a bit wall-eyed at the moment.

Could the problem be related to unused materials? 'Cause I found one(in Frank's version). Not sure which one it is, I just went over them and tried to delete them all, to check for the warning.
I've looked at that and fixed it but the World Editor still crashed when I try to load the model, so that's not what's causing the problem. Thanks for telling me, though!

Also, I think the fat guy definitely needs a teamcolored shirt. Try to find one in-game. Be creative. ^^
I don't think the peasant's shirt wrap is too great, to be honest. Also, maybe touch up the short dwarf's head a bit? His eyes should probably be a bit further apart, he looks a bit wall-eyed at the moment.

And done! You may have to wait for the new pics though, I seem to have a problem with attaching images that I've never had before. Something about the images not being valid files, I think. I'll edit this post once that's been sorted.

Okay, so I've lied when I said that I was going to edit my last post, but I've still finally managed to upload the latest pics of the Dwarven Demolition Squad anyway. Here's one, so as usual there are a couple more in the first post.

123255d1362502486-my-wip-models-warning-contains-large-images-demosquadv6-1.png

Oh, and I'm still waiting out for others who are willing to help me with identifying the cause of that annoying bug, lol.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Hum. Seems you enjoy re-creating the classics. I'm trying to think of the coolest things from Wc2 or Wc1 that could use some revival.
... Death Knight! Or perhaps a leaner, meaner Gryphon Rider (less of a heavy-hitter, more of a speedy 'wind warrior').

What else do you enjoy experimenting with?

Status
Not open for further replies.