• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] My trigger fails to pick a unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
A wrote a simple (as I thought) trigger, that was expected to add some Ice Novas during Blizzard.

I'm creating 2 dummies that periodicaly cast Ice Novas at enemies at cast point.

Now I need to stop Ice Novas from being casted as soos as AM stops casting Blizzard.
I decided to simply remove dummies from target point:
kEy8kZczQKG-COvuitPRHA.png

I can see the red ping — position is read correctly — but I dont see the blue ping.

How can it be?

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
Units with the locust ability are not picked by "units within range/region". I assume this is the case, because it is a dummy unit.
You can either add the dummies to a dummy group when you create them (recommended) or use other group enumerations like units owned by player.

Level 6
Oh much thanks!

I've removed Locust ability from Dummy (Blizzard) and it worked. Surprisingly well actually, I still cannot detect these units in the game.

But I'll use one of your methods for convinience.

Level 6
Units with the locust ability are not picked by "units within range/region". I assume this is the case, because it is a dummy unit.
You can either add the dummies to a dummy group when you create them (recommended) or use other group enumerations like units owned by player.
By the way, should I remove dummy from Dummy_Group in the first place or just straightforwardly remove it from the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.