• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Terrain Album

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
[NEWEST TERRAIN]
07-shattered-childhood-nostalgia-png.326029

Description

I put my terrain screenshots here, I'm not a good terrainer myself but you can see my progress of becoming a pro as time pass. I will upload more screenshots soon enough
3 months after knowing Warcraft
Kyrul Kindom
kyrul-kingdom-png.315369

After 5 years hiatus on modding. So that'll be about 5-6 months after knowing Warcraft 3

mounts-of-iorina-jpg.315370

"I must defend this land"

04-inside-the-heart-png.317596

"A small hope is still inside me"

03-skyrim-png.317595

05-dusk-reception-jpg.318849

finalentry-png.325504
This is an entry of Terraining Contest #20

07-shattered-childhood-nostalgia-png.326029

"Ahh... I remember this abandoned place, it was a perfect place for a family. Too bad somebody took the family, too bad they only took their soul, too bad a little girl manage to escape, too bad her soul wasn't taken like her family and then the little girl fill her childhood with guilt, hurt, and suffer. But now the girl has returned to her old house sitting next to an old wooden pillar, bringing pride inside her heart, trained by the finest man that she ever seen. Her childhood is shattered yet it makes her the strongest."

"Mother, Father... Can you hear me?"

Author's Note
Feedback is appreciated of course. ^^

Last edited:
Level 14
Well it looks like you have certainly made improvements to your technique in 5 years. The first terrain (from 2014) is lacking some depth and is hard to tell how far away the city is supposed to be. The newer terrain is much much better at depicting the depth of the terrain. I'm actually very impressed with that aspect and the attention to detail (minus the small pieces of grass sticking through his foot lol) Your imagination can really go wild with the second one, but the first seems pretty limited.

Overall I would rate this closer to 8/10 than 6/10. Give yourself some credit, you are very talented. Good job!

A good advice would be for you to try and copy as close as possible the terrains from the legendary thread (Just for the purpose of practice). When you get close enough results you will automatically learn the process of thinking that went behind in their minds while they were making the terrains. A lot of experimentation and failure before you get the final shot. You should also learn more about photography, composition, rule of thirds, leading lines, complementary colors and etc.

Hope that helps you out, good luck. :)

You are improving quite fine I might add. I will give you a tip that @Keiji gave me years ago when I started to fiddle for real with scenic terraining:

Think of a story, one that your terrain gives out and you are trying to portray to the viewers.
That way, your pieces will always look natural and infinite at times depending on the story and timeline conveyed to us.

I wish you the best of luck. Keep on learning, unveiling new tricks and reaching to never-ending heights :]

Level 7
You are improving quite fine I might add. I will give you a tip that @Keiji gave me years ago when I started to fiddle for real with scenic terraining:

Think of a story, one that your terrain gives out and you are trying to portray to the viewers.
That way, your pieces will always look natural and infinite at times depending on the story and timeline conveyed to us.

I wish you the best of luck. Keep on learning, unveiling new tricks and reaching to never-ending heights :]
Thank you for your tip and support! You made my day! :D

BTW I updated and added one more Terrain. Well I have troubles with putting the shadows etc, so maybe I'll remaster this too ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.