• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My stunning visual maps, which one should i continue??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So... terraining, effects, ambient lights, environment in general is what i like the most, and i have spent several hours in my maps, all of them are basically templates and i have histories for all of them... however i do not know wich one of them should i continue!

-Elven City Siege-

map-br10.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
map-br10.jpg

In this one you are a Dwarf King in his pursue to end the empire of the Corrupted Elven King. Takes place in a very high bridge where you can see the city below being sieged by the dwarf armies, this is the last battle of very levels of the map. One of the levels is this one, The Void.... (at least my version of the void)
map-vo10.jpg

<----->

-Osgiliath Defense-
map-os10.jpg

In this one, you command the soldiers of Gondor in their attempt to supress the orc waves from the rivers and bridges, lots of ruins and all models riped from LOTR games, pretty good quality.

<------>

-Outland-
map-ou10.jpg

Originally this one was for part of a campaing made by other user, but i think it can be turn into something else.

<------>

-Star Wars Mygeeto Battle-
map-my10.jpg

map-my11.jpg

This one is total chaos of war, i mean Star Wars in all the gruesome aspect of the horror of war
Pretty good story, the most extensive i have (almost 5 pages in word) and character development. Is a very big map and has many mission to complete. All models ripped from Star Wars Battlefront II (2005 the best).

<------>

-Protect the Goddess-
map-sp10.jpg

map-sp10.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
This one is a space map, pretty well done, i mean, you really feel like you are in depth space, kinda surreal and fantastic, beautiful special effects. You have to protect the Goddes with your heroes against infinite hordes of space beings sent by an "evil" God. The heroes are sent from the planets below and granted with unique space like abilities combined with their planet theme such as Water, Rock, and the ringed planet (not sure what it is, but it looks cool lol). Interesting Story and good twist.

If you have questions or want more screenshots i will reply.

Level 32
Jeez man can you combine all of them into one so none of these go to waste?

Jk not really. If I really had to choose, I'd say the Star Wars one. Clone Troopers and Ki-Adi-Mundi on a beautifully terrained Mygeeto? It really looks like a Star Wars game. Man, what about the droid attack on the wookies? I think that a fully immersed Clone Wars battle is something we really need.

However, the Elven City has the best visuals in my opinion. What's great about it is that it looks like it could be used for anything; Warcraft, Diablo, and even Sci-Fi.

Level 6
They look really nice hats up to you and your skills.
I would say:
1# Elven City Siege
2#Protect the Goddess
3#Outland -- maybe as a moba / hero denfence type of map the asymethry could add a nice twist to this kind of genre.

Whatever you will work on next keep it going.

Level 4
The all look very good.
My favorite are the the Elven City one and the Star Wars one.
Outland is probably the weakest.

Thank you! Outland it is indeed the weakest, but I thought I could give it a try since the atmosphere in general feels like a more "magical" outland but also fierce and dangerous.

They look really nice hats up to you and your skills.
I would say:
1# Elven City Siege
2#Protect the Goddess
3#Outland -- maybe as a moba / hero denfence type of map the asymethry could add a nice twist to this kind of genre.

Whatever you will work on next keep it going.

Thank you! about the outland map is a good idea!

It'd be nice if you shared the ones you didn't want to continue, awesome stuff you have made.

Thank you! I though about it in the past, but now that I have more time I really want to complete at least one of the maps. Maybe when I find myself with no time at all I will share the maps, Im sure you guys in here can do amazing things with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 28
They all look awesome, and at the risk of being repetitive, I think the elf city is the best, reminescent of the low Korhal orbit maps in SC2. Shame the minimaps don't reflect the terrain though.

If you're looking for suggestions, maybe you could have the elf city have two levels, the one pictured and the siege at ground level, with special abilities / events affecting the other level (artillery/weather spells attack random locations on the bridge, bits of the bridge fall off onto the city below).

Level 4
They all look awesome, and at the risk of being repetitive, I think the elf city is the best, reminescent of the low Korhal orbit maps in SC2. Shame the minimaps don't reflect the terrain though.

If you're looking for suggestions, maybe you could have the elf city have two levels, the one pictured and the siege at ground level, with special abilities / events affecting the other level (artillery/weather spells attack random locations on the bridge, bits of the bridge fall off onto the city below).

Thank you! I think thats a little bit out of my abilities xD but the map has certain areas where chunks of the bridge fall or flying units collide against walls or goes under and if you want more destruction I asure that theres is pleeenty at the ending. And dont worry about the minimap, it will look better than a regular one at the end :) art is my strengh.

Level 4
It seems that the "ELVEN CITY SIEGE" has attracted more attention to your eyes!

Heres some more screenshots from editor, hope you like it!

0110.jpg

0210.jpg

0310.jpg

0410.jpg

0510.jpg

0610.jpg

0710.jpg

0810.jpg

Im going to give a little love to this map with the extra time i have :) THANK YOU ALL for the opinnions!

Status
Not open for further replies.