• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Map: World of Dragon Ball Z [b]ONLINE[/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Not many people read my previous topic about my map World of Dragon Ball Z which was single player, but this new version of the map will blow the sweet jelly from your eyes out your butt. (sorry to be so graphic, but it's true!) This map has been trashed, (with a few of some good triggers in it transferred to this new version) and this new version has been created (not finished though). I present to you:
World of Dragon Ball Z Online.
Yep the name stays the same lol but the map is 480x480 map dimensions (Namek included, but it's much, much tinier than Earth) and this map has many of the other features in the first World of Dragon Ball Z, like flying with the arrow keys to determine how high or low you go, what direction you go, etc. But there is no third person camera view except only if your flying. Otherwise the camera view stays *regular* view. Plus there's food you can get! There are lot's of World of Warcraft icons in the Icon section which are food, and many of them I'm using for food items. Food items restore health, and drinking items such as "Glass of Milk", or "Pail of Milk", restore any lost mana. There are four stat attributes which are: Power, Speed, Energy and Guard. Power increases your health, health regeneration and damage. Speed increases how fast your character moves and attacks. Energy increases your mana and the rate in which your mana regenerates allowing you to use your attacks more often. The last and fourth attribute which is VERY important, Guard can protect you from physical punches and kicks or any damage of sort. The damage delt to you will constantly be decreasing as your Guard goes up and up. A fight between a character with 5000 power and 4000 Guard would be an equal fight, maybe the 4000 guard would win but it would take a while :) When you level up you can also type "input stats" to bring up a dialog box which displays a list of attribute options to input points into. Every time you level up you get five additional stat points to spend in one of the four stat attributes. Now the models I have done for the map are:
Goku (Normal Form) DONE
Vegeta (Normal Form, Super Saiyan & Super Vegeta) DONE
Gohan: NOT DONE
Krillin: DONE
Yamcha: DONE
Tien: DONE
Chaotzu: NOT DONE
Piccolo: DONE
Android 16: NOT DONE

Screenshots:
This is a pic of Central City, located near the central part of the map.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Eggs_05/ScrCentralCity.jpg

This is a pic of the crossing across the large ocean that leads to West City.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Eggs_05/ScrCrossing.jpg

The outside of Capsule Corperation (Capsule Corp.) You can also go inside it and explore the five areas inside it, the dining room, the labratory, hallway, the closet and the Capsule Compendium.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Eggs_05/ScrCapsCorpOutstide.jpg

This is a pic from the inside of capsule corp (a hallway).
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Eggs_05/ScrCapsCorpHallway.jpg

There is a snowey, small island towards the northeast with a brown tower in it I think it's called Muscle Tower well here it is.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Eggs_05/ScrMuscleTower.jpg

Kami's Lookout has a forest surrounding it, and this is it. You have to get close to it then you fly up to get to Korin's Tower, then when you're there you fly up to the pole on his tower to lead you up to Kami's Lookout, where Mr. Popo can sell you some of the rarest items in the GAME.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Eggs_05/ScrLookoutForest.jpg

This is a unique looking fountain that Dr. Brief and Mrs. Brief (Bulma's parents) bought and there's a special quest you have to do to get it to be cold water coming out of it instead of burning hot water coming out (sorry if it's lame). This fountain is in that foresty area in Capsule Corp where the Briefs often sit at a table in there for tea and cookies.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Eggs_05/ScrUniqueFountain.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What kinda map is this?
A: It's a massive RPG to explore the world but follows an adventurous storyline with many cutscenes as well as optional objective quest thingys.

Q: Is it online?
A: Yes.

Q: Who controls who?
A:
Player 1 (Red): Goku
Player 2 (Blue): Krillin in the Saiyan Saga but after Goku defeats Vegeta at Rock Mountain, Vegeta flies away and Krillin controls him and loses his control for Krillin. Then he has to train on the moon with Vegeta and so on. He sticks with Vegeta the rest of the game then.
Player 3 (Teal): Gohan
Player 4 (Purple): Tien, but when Blue loses control for Krillin Purple takes over and can switch between them at will. Once they reach the Seven Years Later saga (Buu saga) he controls Goten for the rest of the game.
Player 5 (Yellow): The psychic, tiny little squirt . . . Chaotzu! Never before played as in a map, this little dude actually is very powerful. Once he sacrifices himself to kill Nappa he doesn't have anyone to control until the Z Fighters grab the dragonballs (cutscene) and they wish Chaotzu back to life. In the Android Saga up to the Cell saga a cutscene starts about how he needs to take a break from fighting then Yellow controls Future Trunks. In the Seven Years Later saga (Buu saga) he controls the miniature version of Trunks . . . Kid Trunks!
Player 6 (Orange): Yamcha, but in the Cell saga when Bulma fixes Android 16 and turns him good, he controls Android 16 for a bit and can switch with them at will. In the Seven Years Later saga (Buu saga) he no longer controls 16 or Yamcha but instead controls Tien and Chaotzu by switching between them at will.
Player 7 (Green): Piccolo

Q: How many sagas does this map feature?
A:
Saiyan Saga
The Tree of Might
The World's Strongest
Namek Saga
Cooler's Revenge
Cooler Returns
Lord Slug
Android Saga (android 19 and Dr. Gero)
Super Android 13
Android Saga (android 16, 17 and 18)
Cell Saga
Bojack Unbound
Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan
Broly's Revenge (I'm not sure what it's called)
Bio Broly
The World Tournament Saga
Majin Buu Saga
The Rebirth of Fusion
Dragon Fist Explosion (I'm not sure on that one)
----End of DBZ----
----Start of Dragon Ball GT----
Baby Saga
Super 17 Saga
The Shadow Dragon Saga
The Battle of Rivals (I made it up, there's only one battle in it, to test who is the stronger of the two, it's a surprise, but I think you can guess what it is probably)
The Battle of Fusion (I made this up too, it's a nice fun fight to end the map with, you'll have to wait till the map is released, heh heh heh :D )

Q: When can we fight other players?
A: They only happen in certain parts of a saga. You fight them in the Hyperbolic Timechamber, the World Martial Arts Tournament, the sagas Battle of Rivals and the Battle of Fusion and when there are some parts of a saga when you get to sparr/train with partners like when they're waiting for Nappa and Vegeta a few Earthlings receieve mind training in a virtual mind reality, while the saiyans and Piccolo sparr together in the snowey mountains. There are other times to train too like before the Cell Games start and all.

This map has all of my blood and efforts soaking into this, I've never worked harder on a project before and this map will surely be finished and not die out. Any ideas/suggestions, post em here or email me at [email protected] Ask questions, give feedback and most of all, give support!!
Map by Eggie Poo Poo (wc3sear,wc3campaigns,GhostfaceKilah's forums),
and Thunderwolfxx (my Battle.Net account).

Level 4
Lol wow, its pretty odd how some parts of your terrain looks similar to mines no?

But anyways I think it's a bit too early to make a topic about the map don't you think?

I mean it seems to me that all the stuff you said are just ideas and haven't really gotten close on completing them no offence but really man its just too early to blurb out your map I think.

Also do you think you can upload that Road tile skin? It used to be on this site but it got deleted prolly because the download link didn't work and I'm sure alot of people would appreciate it if you upload it again :).

Level 5
it's going to have hard competitors so you should make it by wasteing your life...
I don't understand what you said, sorry if it's just me, but explain it better.
Ghostface, I haven't really seen all your terrain pics. Perhaps they're similar, well about the city pics like Central City and West City, I dunno if they really are similar to yours, I haven't seen any pics of your cities, just one of the West City Park that's all though...:( Why'd it be too early to make a topic? I've been working on the map quite a bit lately for maybe four days lol (FOURS A BIG NUMBER! FOOUUURRR IS AAA BIGGG NUMMMBER!!!!11) okay sorry about that but maybe you're right maybe it's too early, anyways it's too late now and can't suck out it's been posted already so . . . Sure of course I'll submit the road skin. But you can't submit stuff that's not yours isn't that a rule? Well get back to meh soon.

Level 8
i was going to say that you should waste your life on it but then i remembered, wc3 is something to not just waste your life one it's for fun so have fun making the map and it is lookn good so far

Level 5
Wulf I understand what you're saying, anyone would say that because most people don't think this is realistic. But DBZ isn't entirely realistic in most cases either, because it's cartoon anime it's not going to look like the real world. Sorry if you don't like it, but if you watch DBZ or something you'll know that I captured the atmosphere very well. Not trying to brag, that's just what I think.

Level 5
-----UPDATES TO WORLD OF DRAGON BALL Z ONLINE-----
This an updated FAQ and more screenshots.
Well here's some updates for you guys!
Starting with an updated FAQ with more questions and answers.

Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What kinda map is this?
A: It's a massive RPG to explore the world but follows an adventurous storyline with many cutscenes as well as optional objective quest thingys.

Q: Is it online?
A: Yes.

Q: Does this map only have places in the show?
A: It has about 99% of the places from the show, as well as LOT's of places I made up, particularly Namek.

Q: How do we get around from point to point?
A: To travel, it's actually quite fun. In each area or place, there is a single beam of light. You walk up to that beam and then you're in a Sense Field. A Sense Field is a large diagram of the map and you choose where you wish to travel like that. But there are penalties for using a Sense Field. Your character is affected by fatigue when you use a Sense Field. Your character will get occasionally more and more tired as you use a Sense Field. Fatigue is represented by lumber. When your Fatigue reaches zero your character passes out for a short while. To restore fatigue you need to eat food. Don't worry, your fatigue only drains if you use a Sense Field, it doesn't drain all the time lol.

Q: When we die . . . um . . . where do we go?
A: Well it kind of depends on what the circumstances are. If, say you die by a character in a saga such as Frieza, or Omega Shenron, your character dies for good. Not really for GOOD, because you have to do a optional objective to revive yourself which is difficult, it's not so easy like in DBZ Tribute Ultra! You don't just click "Revive Ticket" and you have one. It's a bit harder in this map, you have to bloody wait in line with all the other dead souls, then King Yemma has to sign your name in for "Dead People". After that, you have to wait two minutes before you can go back to King Yemma. After a minute, you have to get back in line with the dead souls and when you go up to King Yemma he'll ask you if you want to be revived. Click "Yes", or "Not Yet" . If you click Not Yet you can return to him anytime to change your mind. If yes you do wanna revive, you click "Yes" and you get sent to Master Roshi's house where you can continue from then on. When you die you get sent to the back of King Yemma's office where you can just hang out there, or go through a doorway which leads to Snake Way. The only benefit of Snake Way, is that your character get's exercise which increases your "speed" attribute. Plus you get to go to King Kai's planet and recieve training from him at the end of Snake Way. Be careful, if you fall off of Snake Way you get sent to the Home of Infinite Losers then you have to beat Mez in a race, and beat Goz in a fight to get back to King Yemma's office. Also in heaven you can take another path through a door that leads to an airplane, that only passes once in a while. It takes you to the Grand Kai's planet.
Another outcome, is when you die by enemies UNRELATED to a saga or you die while training with a partner your character get's "Critically Injured" because a creep can't take on a fullblooded Z Fighter and if you die in training that's just really bullshit lol To get out of your Critically Injured state, your partner can carry you up to Dende on the Lookout and he'll heal you! You come back with full HP and MP when you do that, but it takes a bit of time to lug people all the way across Earth up to the Lookout, so that option isn't always something people want to do. When you get Critically Injured, you can just lie down there for a bit, then you'll wake up automatically after a while. But your fatigue goes down by half, and your character moves slower for a certain amount of time.

Q: Who controls who?
A:
Player 1 (Red): Goku
Player 2 (Blue): Krillin in the Saiyan Saga but after Goku defeats Vegeta at Rock Mountain, Vegeta flies away and Krillin controls him and loses his control for Krillin. Then he has to train on the moon with Vegeta and so on. He sticks with Vegeta the rest of the game then.
Player 3 (Teal): Gohan
Player 4 (Purple): Tien, but when Blue loses control for Krillin Purple takes over and can switch between them at will. Once they reach the Seven Years Later saga (Buu saga) he controls Goten for the rest of the game.
Player 5 (Yellow): The psychic, tiny little squirt . . . Chaotzu! Never before played as in a map, this little dude actually is very powerful. Once he sacrifices himself to kill Nappa he doesn't have anyone to control until the Z Fighters grab the dragonballs (cutscene) and they wish Chaotzu back to life. In the Android Saga up to the Cell saga a cutscene starts about how he needs to take a break from fighting then Yellow controls Future Trunks. In the Seven Years Later saga (Buu saga) he controls the miniature version of Trunks . . . Kid Trunks!
Player 6 (Orange): Yamcha, but in the Cell saga when Bulma fixes Android 16 and turns him good, he controls Android 16 for a bit and can switch with them at will. In the Seven Years Later saga (Buu saga) he no longer controls 16 or Yamcha but instead controls Tien and Chaotzu by switching between them at will.
Player 7 (Green): Piccolo

Q: How many skills does every character have?
A: Well it varies, since you get different skills, some new, some being replaced, ONLY when you transform or acquire a new power up of some sort (it will tell you) and it will be added to your spell book (1 of them). That's right! There are 3 spell books, each with their own specific catagory, with 12 skills MAX. Few skills will be earned by level, most are earned through a saga, like after the cutscene with Goku doing his Warp Kamehameha, against Cell (jumps in the air, charges a Kamehameha and as soon as he says "HA!" (the end of Kamehameha) he teleports in front of the target blasting it in their face, pretty sick eh?) then he'll have the move Warp Kamehameha to use anytime, anywhere BUT ONLY AFTER THAT CUTSCENE.

Q: How do you do fusion, if there is any . . .
A: To do fusion, you gotta acquire it first (as usual, from a saga . . .) then you will acquire a move called "The Fusion Dance" in your Transformations/Fusion spellbook. You must click it first, then your partner must click it also, whether he does it before you or after you. Note that only certain people can do fusion: Goten & Kid Trunks, Vegeta & Goku (Normal Form), Vegeta & Goku (Super Saiyan 4) and Potara Fusion between Goku and Vegeta to form Vegito. Potara Fusion is only a cutscene, where they put the earrings on and they combine into one. You can only do it once in the whole map which is against Buu, because Vegeta later on crushes the earring stopping them from fusing into Vegito again :(.

Q: How many sagas does this map feature?
A:
Saiyan Saga
The Tree of Might
The World's Strongest
Namek Saga
Cooler's Revenge
Cooler Returns
Lord Slug
Android Saga (android 19 and Dr. Gero)
Super Android 13
Android Saga (android 16, 17 and 1icon_cool.gif
Cell Saga
Bojack Unbound
Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan
Broly: A Second Coming (I know what it's called now)
Bio Broly
The World Tournament Saga
Majin Buu Saga
The Rebirth of Fusion
Dragon Fist Explosion (I'm not sure on that one)
----End of DBZ----
----Start of Dragon Ball GT----
Baby Saga
Super 17 Saga
The Shadow Dragon Saga
The Battle of Rivals (I made it up, there's only one battle in it, to test who is the stronger of the two, it's a surprise, but I think you can guess what it is probably)
The Battle of Fusion (I made this up too, it's a nice fun fight to end the map with, you'll have to wait till the map is released, heh heh heh icon_biggrin.gif )

Q: When can we fight other players?
A: They only happen in certain parts of a saga. You fight them in the Hyperbolic Timechamber, the World Martial Arts Tournament, the sagas Battle of Rivals and the Battle of Fusion and when there are some parts of a saga when you get to sparr/train with partners like when they're waiting for Nappa and Vegeta a few Earthlings receieve mind training in a virtual mind reality, while the saiyans and Piccolo sparr together in the snowey mountains. There are other times to train too like before the Cell Games start and all.

Now for screenshots! (Yay!)

This is Snake Way, the place where you go to train with King Kai. Don't fall off!
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Eggs_05/ScrSnakeWay.jpg

This is Master Roshi's island, where you can do lot's of stuff, even do optional objectives for his pet turtle!
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Eggs_05/ScrKameHouse.jpg

And this is a screenshot of the models I've made\edited and touched up a bit. I made them from basedbzmodelfinal (gotenkz made it) and the Gogeta SS4 was from the Gogeta ss4 from this site by Org-pl, and I merged a new vest on it. The SS2 Gogeta was made off of Org-pl's Bebi model he submitted before. The Goku is based off of the goku model by Panther Rider, and I cleaned it up a bit.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Eggs_05/ScrModelsSoFar.jpg

This just looked so cool I had to "print screen" this. It's Gogeta doing Big Bang Kamehameha X 100!
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Eggs_05/ScrBBKX100.jpg

These are the "Plains" which is a stage you can fight in. That beam of light is the thing that takes you to the Sense Field (where you choose where you wanna go).
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Eggs_05/ScrPlains.jpg

The happy, lush "Grass Wasteland".
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Eggs_05/ScrGrassWasteland.jpg

These are the "Mountains" where only tough fighters should visit due to the powerful creatures there.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Eggs_05/ScrMountains.jpg

I'm preparing more screenshots in the next post, so expect some pics of West City, and the best picture of the whole map that I spent two weeks on . . . you'll have to wait and be suprised! (In the next post that will come in 3 days TOPS) :lol:

By the way please give feedback, no one gave much feedback before, but anyways just give some, and if anyone has any models they'd like to share, post a screenshot of it here! Plus if I like it (when it comes to DBZ models, I appreciate everyones work) you can email it to me at [email protected] for my map. Anyone with suggestions, post it here don't be shy!:)

Later and I'll be back soon anyway . . . sooner than you know . . . :twisted:

Level 8
piccolos eyes seem to big and the skin is messy, no intennas.
gohans hair doesnt look connected on the right and it doesnt look like the hair is leaning back and there should be a big middle spike, Blue shirt goes way too far down.
i would suggest taking orgs gogets model and taking the hair off and put ss gogetas hair on it and slant it.
ss4 Gogeta has no neck!! so i would suggest to just use orgs since it's fine.
Krillin and tiens eyebrows are huge.
Chietzu (or whatever) looks like you used several white colors when he is all white, way to tall for chietzu.
Ill give links to show what the characters should look like..
piccolo- http://geocities.com/dbwarzone/Piccolo.jpg -like that but with a red belt and purple suit
Gohan- http://www.hzeeland.nl/~rmeert/gohan8.jpg
ss gogeta- http://geocities.com/josheboy_dbz/5.jpg
Tien- http://img132.exs.cx/img132/9653/tien_ref.jpg
Krillin- http://ww2.saturn.stpaul.k12.mn.us/Kids/stories/chaltu99stories/KRILLIN.JPG
cant get one of chiatzu since i dont know why...but anyway the snakeway is very anime it looks cool cept the snake head looks strange and there needs to be alot more clouds so you cant see the ground (unless it's just the angle) but good job xD

Level 5
Dude Gohan43 gohan isn't in that picture. Like the character gohan I don't mean YOU lol. But Gogeta SS4 has a neck it's just his gay animation he's bent over y'know? It's Org-pl's Gogeta I just merged a new vest on the old one was garbage, it was buggy. What you mean use Org's? Org's what? :shock:

Yeah I knew something was gay with my Krillin and Tien, it was the eyebrows! Thanks!

What's wrong with my Gogeta SS2 model? o.0 Chaiotzu looks big cause he's positioned in front of everyone so it looks big, plus the clouds in Snake Way? I'll add em right now to made it look like REAL clouds!

Thanks for the advice, and later!

Level 8
ss2 gogeta should have a bang coming down, Also im guessing thats yamcha then?? Resize ss4 gogeta's vest so it dont look big (unless the animations makes it look big)It looks like ss2 gogetas hair is leaning forward rather then leaning back, chaiotzu is like alot smaller then that believe me ive watched the saiyan saga multiple times, he's like the child models size. And i still dont get why there isnt any intennas on piccolo, if ya want ill add some to the model and show ya...

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5021/piccolomodelil3.png

Level 5
I tried once to merge some attenas on . . . :( didn't work . . . they looked nice, but it was buggy it was extruding itself a lot. So I need help on that . . .:( Could you help or . . .?

Level 5
I tried Geomerging intennas on the Picclo model but they were buggy, they kept extruding like shit. It looked pretty sexy though when I wasn't viewing his animations, in War3ModelEditor.

Level 4
Eggie may I ask you a question?

Why boast about your map if it'll take a year or even more to complete?

And why give a list of all the sagas and what not if most likely you haven't even started on making one?

You remind me of a younger version of me.

And I still find it quite odd but hilarious on how most parts of your terrain looks very similar to mines but in a "crippled state"

But honestly no one really gives a rat's ass until they actally play the damn game.

Level 5
You know what Ghostface, you've been saying my terrain looks similar to yours, well I got something to say to that now. OF COURSE IT'S GONNA LOOK SIMILAR YOU DOPE! It's from the show! We're both making the same map, I dunno what you're terrains based off of, I go by the show. I don't do some shit copying dude. I'm not boasting Ghost. How 'm I boasting? I'm simply giving you guys a preview of the map. And man why do you have to be so mean? Saying no one gives a rat's ass . . . man I had a feeling this would be a good map, I'm sharpening up the terrain to make it like DBZ and trying to make it VERY good as much as I can. With that "support" I'm thinking my feelings of this map being good and fun like no other boring DBZ map are being flushed away now. Look at you . . . you're maps not out yet, you made previews . . . everyone does to give the audience a preview about their map. And as for your thoughts on me not doing any triggers? Buddy I've done a lot of triggers I've done the Raditz (Saiyan Saga Part 1) saga and I've done the Nappa & Vegeta (Saiyan Saga Part 2) saga, and at the moment I'm working on the Tree of Might movie. Please stop putting me down, I never did that to you. In fact I complimented your map.

Level 4
Funny... for me people who letted me down always made me stronger in the long run.

It made me concentrate on my weak points and strengen them too. And about the previews thing that I is why I said you remind me of a younger version of me.

A version where I'd work on something and just tell everybody about it and show off.

That is why no one gives a crap, what people want is to actually play the damn game then just sit around and read some crap and look at pics.

And Btw your west city is absolutely horrible...
And boy dont even get me started on the kame house or the mountain area and your snake way entrance.

And sry for thinking that you copied some parts of my terrain, I understand now. Yours isnt a crappy version of my terrain, nah yours is just crap.

Think of me as a Simon Cowell from American Idol where he just says the truth even though its a painful one.

Level 5
You wrote,
"That is why no one gives a crap, what people want is to actually play the damn game then just sit around and read some crap and look at pics."
Why'd you make a thread then? Why'd you make a forum for your map then? Backup your things you say before you post dude.

Aight I guess you're right I was being too sensitive I'll strengthen the map even more now:)

You wrote also,
"And boy dont even get me started on the kame house or the mountain area and your snake way entrance."
What you mean the mountain area? I just thought of it right off my head (meaning it wasn't introduced in the show). Listen you blind idiot . . . Kame House (the one I made) is from the show. Do you not watch DBZ? I don't need to copy someone elses terain dude. Plus Snake Way is from the show! I based it off the show! If you don't believe me type in Master Roshi's House or Snake Way on Google Images and you'll see different angels that are the same as the screenshots I showed you. Plus, you say I stole YOUR terrain. Dude you're the only stealer here. You stole Buus Fiery terrain (I just checked your thread again, I found out it's from Buus Fiery) so it turns out you have no right to ACCUSE me of stealing your work, dude that terrain of yours is from Buus Fiery I go by the show, that's why I don't accuse people of stealing, because I didn't do all my terrain from my head I took it from the show.

Oh btw, can you explain why West City looks bad? I needa know so I can fix it.

Interesting analogy (Simon from American Idol lol) but seriously lighten up a bit. The terrain isn't crap seriously. You're saying it's a painful truth . . .
1. It's not the truth.
2. I thought we were friends man! :(

Level 4
ElectricSaiyan said:
6Ghostface_Kilah9 said:
A version where I'd work on something and just tell everybody about it and show off.
You are a f***ing retard. You still do.

A younger version of me still counts as a 1 month younger version of me lol.

I changed my ways ES

Why make a topic?

Oh you meant the one I made a year ago?
You still don't see why what I meant when I said that you remind me of a younger version of me dont you?

I made a forum so I can discuss my map to other people there. A forum where its fully dedicated to my map not just posting on a forum where hardly anyone gives a crap about DBZ anymore.

And I know exactly wtf I'm saying ok pal? So dont give me that bs.

And I didn't know using a DBZ game on the GBA as reference was a bad thing. And btw if you haven't of noticed already. I said that my map will be an almost exact replica of Buu's Fury but online.

But go ahead talk as much crap as you can about me.

Go right ahead and make your self be strengthend by your remarks. Go right ahead bud and do the same thing I'm doing. Your just gonna fall down to ashes and be run over by a freakin train.

Sry if I'm a bit harsh but thats just me.

You can either accept it or get the funk outta my face.

I'm just saving you the embarresment dude...

Level 25
Now, you see, I downright NEED a picture of my avatar doing the famous "headacheguy" emote from the WoW forums for dealing with topics like these

Look people, keep a civil tongue in your heads or I will need to take a stronger step into such arguments. I don't want to go and get another argument like the one me, Teh_Ephy and low-life got into a few weeks back

Level 5
And I didn't know using a DBZ game on the GBA as reference was a bad thing. And btw if you haven't of noticed already. I said that my map will be an almost exact replica of Buu's Fury but online.
Rofl Ghost I'm trying to say you shouldn't accuse me of stealing since you did too. Whether you said it or not, you still did it. You're telling me to get outta you're face, but this is my thread you're the one who stuck your annoying head in here and started insulting me. If you don't wanna hear about the map, or if you're just pissed of at your life then just get out of my thread.

Level 9
Ghost, I meant that as, basically, wherever you go, you at least mention your map. You do the "showing off" part by going around and critisizing people's work by comparing it to yours and completely trying to trash it. Well you have nothing to back it up besides pictures. Until you actually show us something, please don't talk trash.

Level 24
Mecheon said:
Look people, keep a civil tongue in your heads or I will need to take a stronger step into such arguments. I don't want to go and get another argument like the one me, Teh_Ephy and low-life got into a few weeks back
that was a good argument :) ... too bad flamewars are only fun when you're in them :|. anyways, a flamewar once every few months is enough for a forum, especially considering the one we had. oh btw, this is going to get locked if it turns into a flamewar as bad as that one, and you'll need to repost everything you want feedback on.
6Ghostface_Kilah9 said:
Sry if I'm a bit harsh but thats just me.
then be yourself somewhere people aren't looking for advice. maybe be someone else while you're here. maybe have this discussion on the off-topic forums. where it's okay to be off topic.

Level 4
Eggie Poo Poo said:
Rofl Ghost I'm trying to say you shouldn't accuse me of stealing since you did too. Whether you said it or not, you still did it. You're telling me to get outta you're face, but this is my thread you're the one who stuck your annoying head in here and started insulting me. If you don't wanna hear about the map, or if you're just pissed of at your life then just get out of my thread.

You got guts kid.

Alright you just earned yourself my respect.

I just wanted to see if you had any balls. Meaning that your map wouldn't be just another crappy dbz map that gives the series a bad name.

And ES stop freakin butting in geez...

Like your map is any better... rofl. No offence but the new tribute is gonna walk all up and down your map...

And werewulf you do know that I had to recreate the DBZ world to a medieval fantasy theme of Wc3 right?
And I also had to worry about the 4mb limit of bnet. So in order to have the models that I'll need, I had to ask my modeler to reduce the quality of the models. I think your trying to compare the custom models to something as the MMORPG your modeling for... But go ahead buddy flame me all you want :)

I LIVE FOR THIS SHEET BYYAAAAHHH!!

Level 5
Well Werewulf DBZ has no realisim of any sort so please don't say I'm wrong bud I watch the show a lot you could almost call me a DBZ know-it all or DBZ geek lol. The models do match the show, it has the same feel. What do you mean it doesn't match the show terrain? Have you seen the show wulf? Because that's my reference and what else do you want the terrain to be? That's how it looks and that's why I used the show for reference because it's by Akira Toriyama, it's what he intended I don't go by drawings that people have made I go by the official. But yeah of course I'm not submitting the map so people on THIS site could play it, I'm posting it so people can play it and tell about it to others so they host it and it makes a chain of people that know about so it get's popular.

Too right you are Wulf, I know every DBZ map out there sucks and follows no storyline whatsoever or has anything that could inform a guy that it's a DBZ map (besides character names and spells). I'm trying to make a new experience so it's like not another Tribute Ultra wanna be, Tribute in my opinion is not very well done, they're doing a new map but with the same idea has others y'know Wulf? That's why I wanna get the hell outta the "Kill creeps and lvl up" Genre and give it a DBZ feel as well as follow the storyline.

Level 4
Eggie Poo Poo said:
Well Werewulf DBZ has no realisim of any sort so please don't say I'm wrong bud I watch the show a lot you could almost call me a DBZ know-it all or DBZ geek lol. The models do match the show, it has the same feel. What do you mean it doesn't match the show terrain? Have you seen the show wulf? Because that's my reference and what else do you want the terrain to be? That's how it looks and that's why I used the show for reference because it's by Akira Toriyama, it's what he intended I don't go by drawings that people have made I go by the official. But yeah of course I'm not submitting the map so people on THIS site could play it, I'm posting it so people can play it and tell about it to others so they host it and it makes a chain of people that know about so it get's popular.

Too right you are Wulf, I know every DBZ map out there sucks and follows no storyline whatsoever or has anything that could inform a guy that it's a DBZ map (besides character names and spells). I'm trying to make a new experience so it's like not another Tribute Ultra wanna be, Tribute in my opinion is not very well done, they're doing a new map but with the same idea has others y'know Wulf? That's why I wanna get the hell outta the "Kill creeps and lvl up" Genre and give it a DBZ feel as well as follow the storyline.

But won't you still be running around and killing creeps and lvling up in your map as well... And the reason why Tribute does so well is because of the competition of the players and the different strats with each character. And maps like this theres just usually 1 path that you take on and thats why people get bored with it quick you know? So tell me friend how are you gonna get over this obstacle?

Level 45
are you a retard? iv seen almost all the episodes and series of dragonballz i said it before. gawd...and no, the models look horrid. They are mono-coloured, they still need texture and tone and the skins on the characters are awfully smudged and burned.
and iv look at your map ghost and in my opinion its nothing special even if it is for bnet.
and no, im not starting a fight, wc3 is old, people who like dragonballz would most likly already have a recent dbz game like PS2Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 or some other dbz thats on pc and im sure theyd rather play that than a old wc3 engine which was modded into a dbz thing.

Level 4
Werewulf said:
are you a retard? iv seen almost all the episodes and series of dragonballz i said it before. gawd...and no, the models look horrid. They are mono-coloured, they still need texture and tone and the skins on the characters are awfully smudged and burned.
and iv look at your map ghost and in my opinion its nothing special even if it is for bnet.
and no, im not starting a fight, wc3 is old, people who like dragonballz would most likly already have a recent dbz game like PS2Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 or some other dbz thats on pc and im sure theyd rather play that than a old wc3 engine which was modded into a dbz thing.

OOHHHHH You mean the character models in this pic?

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b176/Ghostface_Kilah814/SaiyanSagaPreviewV2.jpg

Yeah those character models are a year old, My modeler is already remaking them with custom animations. And yeah the skin makes them look like there melting huh? lol

And are the character models the only thing you care about werewulf?

And about the whole people would rather play a real dbz game then a mod of one.

Tell me this. Is there a DBZ game that lets you have co-op play with a bunch of your friends and be able to play as one of the dbz characters and follow the dbz storyline and travel and visit famous dbz landmarks. And still level up your character rpg style?

NO

So thats why me and Egg are making a map like that because its never been done before.

And I would say the samething about your MMORPG that your modeling for werewulf. Why play that instead of playing WoW? Which has more then 5 million players? Or play Guild Wars which is a free MMO?

Why would people play an MMORPG that is made by a bunch of nerds and 40 year old virgins living in there mom's basement? Then one that is professionally made?

Your post has just failed.

Level 5
Ghost is right Werewulf, there need not be shading apparently you know nothing of DBZ have you noticed it's CARTOON? Cartoon is meant to be like that it's not always very well shaded there's solid colours and some tones of shading. Dude don't even get started on that okay it seems you know nothing of DBZ and Ghost has a point you're not comparing the terrain to DBZ, your comparing it to that stupid MMORPG you and some other guys are doing. Ghost's right too, just buy WoW or Guild Wars or MapleStory (Guild Wars is not an MMORPG, it's a competitive RPG) I mean so many more people play them, I know the gay monthly fee for WoW is unbelievable then play Guild Wars. Me and Ghost are making a DBZ map because it's not just a remake of some other DBZ map, it's something new that would be fun. Who want's to play something that's been done before with just a few new features and what not? MMORPGs are all the same pretty much (not that they're not fun) but you're making something the same as others. Honestly nobody will wanna play it when we can get a better RPG with better graphics plus with MILLIONS I'm telling you millions of people online. You shouldn't be comparing good DBZ graphics that actually resemble the show to an MMORPG's graphics. Whether there's shading or not, it comes out nice and gives it that Anime feel.

Oh Ghostface, um yeah I'm aware maps like DBZ All Sagas (NOT YOUR'S DON'T TAKE OFFENCE) Tristin didn't know what he was doing he made a plain path with a few Flight waygate things with no free will to do what the hell you wanna do! In my DBZ map (I think your's too) it's not a simple path, it's kinda like where there's cinematics and your character is moved to that spot where the cinematic takes place, whether you're half way across the world from it, then the camera moves like a real cutscene with dialouge and such to make it interesting, not a pause unit and then text messages with so called "Dialogue" like Tristin did. Then after the cinematic or whatever it is you recieve an objective that you have to do. You don't need to do it YET (although if your teammates wanna hurry the hell up with the story then you better hurry up lol) you can roam across the world with free will and visit landmarks like you said such as Master Roshi's house, Baba's Palace, Kami's Lookout, and I could go on and on. Only when you go to the place that the "Objective" specified will the story progress as a cutscene will start again (it may be only for a certain player, or all of them). You'll recieve another objective and then it continues. But I dunno about your map Ghost, but mine is not a creep killing race to level up and be the best, it's to help your teammates, stick together and coordinate your stats and tactics to overcome the villians in the storyline but there are creeps in various places of the DBZ world, but it isn't a race to be the highest lvl like in Tribute, it's to follow the storyline and do optional objectives as well as just have fun with your team. I don't really care if you think I'm bragging, but my map will beat up Tribute with a baseball bat then kick it into the wet shit on the ground.

Level 5
I got something to say to you all. First of all, Ghost, you really have to stop instigating fights with people, and you gota stop sticking your map in everyone's face.

Werewulf, first of all, do some fucking research, buddy. Ghost does have a point. Almost every map on bnet has an actual game that's an equivilant to it, but people like playing Warcraft, becaue not many of those games are in RTS format. You saying there's a DBZ RTS for the PlayStation 2? And before you flame people's maps, make sure what you're saying is justified.

And Eggie, just calm down. You've got a better map than alot of people could make. Be happy with that.

Level 4
Eggie Poo Poo said:
Ghost is right Werewulf, there need not be shading apparently you know nothing of DBZ have you noticed it's CARTOON? Cartoon is meant to be like that it's not always very well shaded there's solid colours and some tones of shading. Dude don't even get started on that okay it seems you know nothing of DBZ and Ghost has a point you're not comparing the terrain to DBZ, your comparing it to that stupid MMORPG you and some other guys are doing. Ghost's right too, just buy WoW or Guild Wars or MapleStory (Guild Wars is not an MMORPG, it's a competitive RPG) I mean so many more people play them, I know the gay monthly fee for WoW is unbelievable then play Guild Wars. Me and Ghost are making a DBZ map because it's not just a remake of some other DBZ map, it's something new that would be fun. Who want's to play something that's been done before with just a few new features and what not? MMORPGs are all the same pretty much (not that they're not fun) but you're making something the same as others. Honestly nobody will wanna play it when we can get a better RPG with better graphics plus with MILLIONS I'm telling you millions of people online. You shouldn't be comparing good DBZ graphics that actually resemble the show to an MMORPG's graphics. Whether there's shading or not, it comes out nice and gives it that Anime feel.

Oh Ghostface, um yeah I'm aware maps like DBZ All Sagas (NOT YOUR'S DON'T TAKE OFFENCE) Tristin didn't know what he was doing he made a plain path with a few Flight waygate things with no free will to do what the hell you wanna do! In my DBZ map (I think your's too) it's not a simple path, it's kinda like where there's cinematics and your character is moved to that spot where the cinematic takes place, whether you're half way across the world from it, then the camera moves like a real cutscene with dialouge and such to make it interesting, not a pause unit and then text messages with so called "Dialogue" like Tristin did. Then after the cinematic or whatever it is you recieve an objective that you have to do. You don't need to do it YET (although if your teammates wanna hurry the hell up with the story then you better hurry up lol) you can roam across the world with free will and visit landmarks like you said such as Master Roshi's house, Baba's Palace, Kami's Lookout, and I could go on and on. Only when you go to the place that the "Objective" specified will the story progress as a cutscene will start again (it may be only for a certain player, or all of them). You'll recieve another objective and then it continues. But I dunno about your map Ghost, but mine is not a creep killing race to level up and be the best, it's to help your teammates, stick together and coordinate your stats and tactics to overcome the villians in the storyline but there are creeps in various places of the DBZ world, but it isn't a race to be the highest lvl like in Tribute, it's to follow the storyline and do optional objectives as well as just have fun with your team. I don't really care if you think I'm bragging, but my map will beat up Tribute with a baseball bat then kick it into the wet **** on the ground.

Yeah so your pretty much making the same map as me...

Oh well...

But honestly now... Why the hell would you even compare your map to Tribute? Its a totally diff from your map dude...

Its amazing on how you and me are similar in what we want from a map...

Level 4
Eggie Poo Poo said:

Oh Ghostface, um yeah I'm aware maps like DBZ All Sagas (NOT YOUR'S DON'T TAKE OFFENCE) Tristin didn't know what he was doing he made a plain path with a few Flight waygate things with no free will to do what the hell you wanna do! In my DBZ map (I think your's too) it's not a simple path, it's kinda like where there's cinematics and your character is moved to that spot where the cinematic takes place, whether you're half way across the world from it, then the camera moves like a real cutscene with dialouge and such to make it interesting, not a pause unit and then text messages with so called "Dialogue" like Tristin did. Then after the cinematic or whatever it is you recieve an objective that you have to do. You don't need to do it YET (although if your teammates wanna hurry the hell up with the story then you better hurry up lol) you can roam across the world with free will and visit landmarks like you said such as Master Roshi's house, Baba's Palace, Kami's Lookout, and I could go on and on. Only when you go to the place that the "Objective" specified will the story progress as a cutscene will start again (it may be only for a certain player, or all of them). You'll recieve another objective and then it continues. But I dunno about your map Ghost, but mine is not a creep killing race to level up and be the best, it's to help your teammates, stick together and coordinate your stats and tactics to overcome the villians in the storyline but there are creeps in various places of the DBZ world, but it isn't a race to be the highest lvl like in Tribute, it's to follow the storyline and do optional objectives as well as just have fun with your team. I don't really care if you think I'm bragging, but my map will beat up Tribute with a baseball bat then kick it into the wet **** on the ground.

Yeah so your pretty much making the same map as me...

Oh well...

But honestly now... Why the hell would you even compare your map to Tribute? Its a totally diff from your map dude...

Its amazing on how you and me are similar in what we want from a map...

And mob I was only testing him...

Level 5
Ghost I'm comparing it to Tribute cause you said Tribute will stomp all over my map. Btw you double posted (dunno if it was intentional). But MobKing is right let's just put an end to this I don't want this thread to get locked because of an arguement. I know I'm not one to talk, but GUYS JUST STOP ARGUEING NOW AND GHOST IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE MAP LEAVE OR GIVE SUGGESTIONS, EVERYONE ELSE PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE SUGGESTIONS FOR THE MAP AND SUPPORT IT WITH YOUR IDEAS AND GIVE ME FEEDBACK, THAT'S WHY THIS THREAD WAS MADE, IT WASN'T MADE FOR A FLAME WAR!

P.S.
We haven't had a good flame war like this since what? A month ago? :p

Level 45
i can state any thing i gaddam want, and you mobking, dont get me started on you.
I know about cartoon blah blah blah, but seriously, kami's house isnt one big plastic house.

now god sake, ghost, your making this into a flame thread.

i am giving you both good advice, fix the models and whole gawd dam terrain, and have the storyline direct (not just moving on to one phrase to another quickly)

and iv watched DBZ ####### tons of times you retards, doesnt mean i like it anymore or whether i give a shit about the now crappy anime. It will still have realism, the characters will have proper anatomy,body object locations and such, the trees will have leaves not a floating bubble and the characters wouldnt be plastic! (expect buu of course, well watever the hell he is)
Goku,bulma,gohan,picon,picolo,vegeta,brolly,frieza,cooler,Android18 etc,sheron,krillin etc

what can i expect? (oh werewulf, you dont know ####, you just named all the basic characters! and your flaming, piss off)

your the one diggin bone bone here. and im not comparing this to the MMORPG, why the hell would i you retards? this is wc3, with dbz, ours is out scratch creation and its going to 100% free game and we are making out of own time with out ideas, that to us makes it unique, and if your just gonna flame the MMORPG just cuase im a member of it then you can just shove your head in the yours cuz you dont know what your talking about. now no more.

Stop starting and rolling this fight, this is the last comment ill be making since i dont want to spam eggies thread. Gnite and i can expect soem crazy ass replies since i wont reply.

Level 5
Okey have fun Wulf. Now can we get back on topic? How come everyone can fucking participate in this flamewar, but no one can give me feedback on the map?

Level 4
Alrighty I got some questions for ya eggie even though your just gonna answer them from the top of your head...

So your just pretty much gonna be fighting creeps that can't kill you and level up and thats your defination of free mode correct? And theres the sagas you can participate in, and sidequests and what not. Now what happens if a player doesnt want to participate in the sagas? Because hes too busy wandering off, getting lost, or lagging in a 480x480 map? What happens if your Goku and you wanted to screw the game up and die to Vegeta in the Saiyan duel in saiyan saga?

Do you need all the players in game to be able to play the map right?

What happens if your in mid game and suddenly the host decides to leave and all the players lag up and get disconnected? And all your game progress just ends?

Do you think people have the time to play a map that requires hours upon hours to beat?

Level 5
Alrighty I got some questions for ya eggie even though your just gonna answer them from the top of your head...
lol . . . that's not true . . .

Anyways, well you can't get lost, because there's always a pinging spot on the map to tell you where you must go. Plus your character can teleport short ranged to a spot, so it can help if you wanna get somewhere fast. If a player doesn't wanna participate in a saga, then he doesn't wanna participate yet. But the story won't continue until he does, so his teammates will just have to wait. When you die in the saiyan saga or any saga for that matter, you go to King Yemma's office y'see to get back you gotta follow the steps to revive (check the FAQ) then you'll be back at THAT POINT in the saga (unless it's been completed).

You don't need all players, which is good because it let's you test out the map. Everyone will be granted control if ANYONE leaves. They will have control over that specific player that left. It let's you play it in single player too! But the only problem is, any messages/optional objective messages for that player will not be displayed to anyone but that player, but of course the player has left so nobody will always know what to do except people that have played that character.

Well people get disconnected and it's annoying, but I don't have any ideas on what should be done about that . . . maybe someone could give me some ideas?:(

Yes I think people do have time to play it. If they don't wanna join the game, then they won't join. Btw the map won't be HOURS and HOURS lol.

You're right gohan43, time for more updates. I'll be releasing some screenshots (again) VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY soon.

Level 4
so your telling me you got to wait in line to get a ticket from king yemma to get back to life?

You do know King Yemma doesnt have the power to grant you full life?

Only the Eternal Dragon can have the power to grant you back to life...

And tell me more about this "sense field" thing cause the idea to me is just plain stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.