• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Map: World of Dragon Ball Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
You've played DBZ Tribute Ultra right? You've played DBGT Rampage right? You're sick of almost every DBZ map being the same with the same genre: Level up, kill, transform, get godly, right? Where's the DBZ part in that? Or action? OR STORYLINE PART? That's right! My map World of Dragon Ball Z is different from everything else! A massive 480x480 dimension of playing size on the map (and that's just earth!). This map allows you to enter certain buildings/houses, and allows you to play through a vast number of characters in the storyline with beautiful cinematics and many RPG elements at the same time! But sadly due to the massive amount of models and skins for everyone, (even citizens in the street) and other imported files like music from Dragon Ball Z, the map is singleplayer, BUT! Don't be turned away from that, there is AI for characters even when they're not controlled by a player! They fly, and do all kinds of things.
Screenshots:
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Eggs_05/Scr5.jpg
This is where Goku dines in his house!
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Eggs_05/Scr6.jpg
Another one of Goku's House . . .
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Eggs_05/Scr2.jpg
This is the hillside along Goku's House.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Eggs_05/Scr4.jpg
This is the grasslands over the hill.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Eggs_05/Scr3.jpg
The World Martial Arts Tournament where everyone fights it out!
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Eggs_05/Scr1.jpg
Finally the Cell Games Ring! "Now my games are going to get really interesting" - Cell

Ask any questions about the map here, don't worry I have many more screenshots for the map, but I don't want to flood this one comment. I will make a FAQ in the next comment. Remember, GIVE FEEDBACK AND ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT THE MAP!

Level 5
FAQ FOR WORLD OF DRAGON BALL Z:

Q: What kind of map is this?
A: This is a massive epic RPG with tons of cinematics and your own free path.

Q: Wait . . . in maps with cinematics there's usually a designated path for the characters . . . you said we have a free path?
A: That's right. An example would be . . . say in the beginning of the map, there'll be a cinematic, then you get your first objective saying take Gohan with you (he's a toddler) to Master Roshi's house to show them your new kid. Then once you reach there a cinematic will start and it'll follow the story, have music from that scene, etc. But the free path part, is that the story will only continue once you reach Master Roshi's house. You don't have to go there YET, you can just roam around the whole world or fight creeps to level up.

Q: How do the cinematics work?
A: It's like a real cinematic from Blizzard's Warcraft campaigns. With camera movement and different musics and sounds playing at different times.

Q: You said music from the show? Sweet!
A: Yes there is music from the show, and in fact pretty much every DBZ track that plays in the show. But two of them are from Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3.

Q: Can you fly?
A: Hell yeah! What's DBZ without flying? You click an ability called "Go Airborne" then your character hovers off the ground slightly. You then press the up and down arrow keys to change your flying height. One of the biggest features of this map is the flying, you can fly up way high in the sky if you want.

Q: If it's single player only, how exactly do we use the characters?
A: On different objectives or parts of sagas, you will play as a certain character, like Super Vegeta vs. Cell 2nd Form you will be playing as Vegeta. Although in most battles or parts where you have free time (like seven years after Cell dies) you have all the characters at that time at your control. Just click their icon on the left and the camera will change to 3rd Person View right behind them. Many people hate 3rd Person View, so I made it so you type in "-cc". That stands for control camera. Once that's activated you move the camera around with the arrow keys to zoom in and out and stuff to suit your needs. To go back to running around (you can move with either the mouse or arrow keys, arrow keys are better) type "-ra" (stands for run around).

Q: How much does this map cover?
A: This map will range all the way from when Raditz arrives on earth to when Goku and Vegeta defeat Omega Shenron in Dragon Ball GT. Yes even all the DBZ movies are in this map.

Q: If Earth is 480x480 dimensions, where does Namek, Otherworld or Hell go?
A: To get to Otherworld and Hell, you can only go there in certain parts of certain sagas. The map will change when you're at those places

Q: How do we get to Kami's Lookout?
A: You go to Kami's Tower near the center of the map in a clearing near a forest then fly up to the top of it. (You actually use the arrow keys to fly up to the top). Once you hit the top the map changes and loads Kami's Lookout (a different map). On the Lookout, events take place there in different sagas, you visit the Hyperbolic Timechamber there, even walk around Kami's Lookout building (in the center of it) to get some food or sleep.

Q:What happens when we die?
A: Good question.
1. Running around or flying around fighting dinosaur creeps or something, and a creep or training partner kills you, you will be "critically injured" since creeps don't have the power to kill Z warriors. To revive your character, or heal him, you have to get another character to fly down to him and give him a Senzu Bean, or get Dende to heal him.
2. Fighting someone in a saga fight (like Super Vegeta vs. Cell 2nd Form), and then dying, (which won't happen, Vegeta owns Cell) your character will be removed from the map . . . dead. To bring him back, spend some of your time tracking down the Dragon Balls (seven in total) and make a wish. Reviving one person takes up a wish, so wish wisely.

Q: How many wishes do we get at Shenron?
A: It depends. If it's from Saiyan Saga to the beginning of Namek saga, Shenron grants one wish. On Namek you use Porunga instead of Shenron. Porunga grants three. Then at Android saga to Buu saga, Shenron grants two. From then on after that Shenron always grants three wishes.

Q: Are there alternate clothings for different parts in different sagas?
A: Yes. Like when Goku fights Frieza Final Form he wears the blue shirt on during the fight. When he's against Kid Buu he wears orange clothes but half of his shirt is ripped off. The character with probably the most alternate clothings is Vegeta.

Level 4
Lol =-O! Wow man ALOT of that stuff you mentioned is almost exactly what I'm doing on my map...

Am I like your inspiration or something o_O?

But your doing it single player and mines is Multiplayer. And I also like the flight system too with the whole up arrow key and all. So tell me what will it be like exactly? Will the character just levitate in the air? Or will it be like in this pic?

FlyingVegeta.jpg

Or will it be both in a sort of way?

Also one more thing, since were pretty much doing the same thing which is bringing the awesome world of DBZ into WC3 how about we work together :)?

Edit: I clicked that link on your sig and now that song is stuck in my head! WTF IS SHE SAYING AHH!

Level 5
Oh, I'm so sorry about the fact that our ideas are like the same. It's just that whether you believe me or not, I'm not stealing or nothing. I actually started this map long before DBZ All Sagas V3 was started (I dunno about when it was started, but before that thread came. I only found out about it recently). Sorry if you think I'm whining or something, but that's the truth.

Now about the levitating thing, I'm not sure do you mean will he be in the air on his belly or just standing and walking through the air (which would be stupid). But yeah the characters that fly are on their stomach. Flying is like Azeroth Grand Prix, when you drive your car. Except you're always moving, it's not like you get to just stop in mid air. Yeah I regret that! It's just I found some trouble while doing that, since because when you fly the arrow keys up and down steer you up in the air or make you descend. So if those were controls to change altitude, what would the controls be to move forward? When you're high in the sky you won't really be able to right click and move with the mouse, cause the cursor doesn't go into the sky lol.

Now working together, that's a thought. :wink: I'll definetly keep that in mind! It's just that, I wanna know some stuff about you're map in order to wonder if we should work together. Like how much MB has the map taken up and stuff? What stuff are you adding? Like are there ideas we have that are similar? What are the map size dimensions (like 256x256)? If it's okay with you to say here, unless you kinda wanna keep it on the down low :)

Level 24
if she's saying actual words it's definitely not english. parts of it sound maybe italian? then i want to say russian for other parts of it >_>. only part of it i can grab is something like "but if that little" or "but is that little". might be just that with the rest of it looping. it's driving me nuts because i know i'll never figure it out but i know i'm never going to stop =/. ty for keeping me up at night >_<'.

Level 4
Ok Eggie, I'll post a topic about my map here soon enough. The map will be close to the 4MB Limit btw and its 256x256 and check my forums located at my sig to get the low down of my map if you want. Theres a FAQ there also and pics.

And I also want to know something too, how far are you on your map?

Do you have some cutscenes done?
What models do you have?
Can you show me some more pics?
What are the fights like?

Level 2
My ass man where do i get the map.or u havent release it yet.well i have made all models for dbz but i dont like to give them to people lol.

Level 5
Aight GhostfaceKilla I'm posting screenshots but first I'll answer your questions. Broly SSJ4 the map isn't finished yet.

1. Sorry Ghostface, I don't have any cutscenes done yet, but I've made campaigns in the past with nice camera movement and stuff. (My brother even liked them).
2. Okay for models, I got Goku in his orange clothes, Vegeta in Saiyan Armour all forms (ss, super vegeta, normal), Vegeta in his Muscle Shirt (Buu Saga Clothes) in normal, Majin, and ss forms (working on SS2). I got Perfect Cell, Baby Vegeta, Metal Cooler, Broly Normal Form (also making SS form, not legendary form, SS FORM). I also got Future Trunks in his Saiyan Armour when he fights Perfect Cell and stuff. I also have a bunch of Aura models. Note that I didn't make all these models, I hope you're not disgusted or anything, but people do download other people's models, and base their stuff off other people's stuff (I'll give credit don't worry:D).
3. (Pic's coming later in this post)
4. The fights are . . . well like Warcraft III. I haven't really planned on changing the attack system, I thought of where you press like W or something and your guy hits once, then you press like E or somethin g and he shoots Ki Blasts, but that would cause lag for the player with all those abilities being used and all.

Screenshots:
This is Majin Vegeta.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Eggs_05/ScrMajinVegeta.jpg

This is Super Vegeta (in Saiyan armour).
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Eggs_05/ScrSuperVegeta.jpg

Here's Trunks from the future in Saiyan armour charging up his Finish Buster attack.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Eggs_05/ScrFTrunksFiniBust.jpg

Goku's charging up his power and transforming into Kaiokenx2. (He has an aura around him in game)
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Eggs_05/ScrGokuKao.jpg

Goku gathering energy for the Spirit Bomb.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Eggs_05/ScrGokuSpiritBomb.jpg

Cell in the cutscene when he finally reaches perfect form and hes standing looking up at the sky.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Eggs_05/ScrCellPerfectBack.jpg

Perfect Cell's face close up OOOO SCARY.....
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Eggs_05/ScrCellPerfectHUHA.jpg

That's just screenshots for the models. I will make more screenshots from in-game. About how far I am . . . I'd say maybe . . .
Terrain: 60%
Units: 9%
Abilities: 3%
Triggers: 7%

lol yeah it's not really anywhere being complete. There's a reason, I prefer to do terrain first before anything. You can't place unit's if there's no terrain to put em on you see what I'm saying? Well that's all, reply back soon.

Level 5
Broly SSJ4 in a model's comments (Org-pl's Vegeta model SS) you asked how do you submit stuff. Incase you don't check the comments on that model anymore, (I made one of these there too) to submit stuff, go to the top right corner of the screen on this website, then you know where it says Login? Well right next to that on the right says Add/Update resources. Click that and you'll know what to do then. SUBMIT THOSE DAMN FINE MODELS YOU WILL BE CREDITED IN MY MAP 100% SURE. PLEASE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GIVE EM TO PUBLIC EMAIL THEM TO ME THEY WILL BE WORTH IT FOR THIS MAP.

Level 4
Eggie Poo Poo said:
Broly SSJ4 in a model's comments (Org-pl's Vegeta model SS) you asked how do you submit stuff. Incase you don't check the comments on that model anymore, (I made one of these there too) to submit stuff, go to the top right corner of the screen on this website, then you know where it says Login? Well right next to that on the right says Add/Update resources. Click that and you'll know what to do then. SUBMIT THOSE DAMN FINE MODELS YOU WILL BE CREDITED IN MY MAP 100% SURE. PLEASE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GIVE EM TO PUBLIC EMAIL THEM TO ME THEY WILL BE WORTH IT FOR THIS MAP.

Eggie why do you need his models? There same thing Supreme used which are the ones from that ESF Mod and the same ones that you showed on those pics correct?

And don't be too concerned on the models just yet, finish up everything else first like the terrain, triggers and what not first. Also I've been working on my map Super DBZ All Sagas aka DBZ: Evolution for more than 2 years now (comp crashed had to start over) just so you know and I'm almost at Alpha testing. And yes I too work on the terrain before everything else and it's my specialty on map making. And did you register at my forums yet? If you still want me to make that topic or w/e about my map on here I will but you can always just check what my map is like for your self at my forums ya know.

Level 5
Oh lol no I forgot to register I'll try to do it today before my Mom gets home from work (i'm grounded from the computer for a day, but she doesn't know I'm still on TEE HEE) so lol yeah. Well I have major HUGE newsflash to all people!

WORLD OF DRAGON BALL Z IS HAVING A FEW TRIGGERS TRANSFERRED OVER AND IS BEING TRASHED. THE TRIGGERS ARE BEING TRANSFERRED OVER TO:

*drumroll* WORLD OF DRAGON BALL Z ONLINE!!!!!!!!!!
[Topic is coming sometime today)
The map is multiplayer, that's right! I'm watching file size and everything, terrain has improved like you won't believe, plus I'm adding more cities, like Central City, South City, East City, North City (not just West City like before) and that snowey area in Budokai 3 Story Mode? I'm not sure if you remember, but there's a brown tower it's called Muscle Tower and you talk to Kibito Shin there a few times I think it's Muscle Tower I'm not sure but I'm adding that place too with the snow and stuff. Map is still 480x480 dimension and the file size is still good! (doesn't exceed 4.2 MB). I have most models for the Z characters done except Gohan (Teen and Adult) and I just have to make the "transformed" models like SS goku and stuff. [ReMeMbEr] Topic is coming today sometime hopefully in a hour maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.