1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

(8)Dofus - MMORPG

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Nazra7, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Nazra7

Nazra7

Resources:
    Resources:
    My current map I've been working on for a long time now and is almost complete is a MMORPG type map called Dofus.

Dofus is the first ever tactical mmorpg, which is 2d/isometric 3d graphics.
    this map is just like dofus only instead of 2d tactics its 3d real time combat instead.

This map features:

a very large world
    hostable on bnet
    single player compatable
    8 players
    anti pk system
    unique pvp system (just like the one in the real dofus)
    levelable devil and angel wings
    alot of cities, npcs, monsters, and quests
    all custom content, like items, heroes, and spells
    12 heroes to choose ffrom
    customizable heroes and builds
    3rd person/overhead toggable camera
    very tough boss secret boss and final boss monsters
    a unique campaign that you can participate in diffrent story lines
    maximum level of heroes is 200
    tons of secrets
    capturable areas to gain benefits for your alignment
    2 choosable alignments brakmarians devils bontarians angels
    guilds
    team based
    battle grounds for pvp only
    savable heroes
    dungeons to fight powerful monsters for the chance to get powerful items
    advanced monster ai for smarter stronger monsters

Videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl_w68__ScQ
    screenshots:
    bird's eye view of part of the world:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NOTE: there are alot of custom content, and I do NOT take credit for any custom models, textures ect. except mimimal credit for the bontarian and brakmarian angel and devil wings, only take credit for making those.

All credits should go to thier rightful owners. since I've been working on this map for about a year (long delay times probably a month total) I've lost track of where and who I got the custom content from.

first beta complete beta test will be released when I've completed the world. it will contain no guilds or quests. after I complete the world I'll make the guilds and quests.

EDIT: I can't make this post with diffrent text and stuff becuase for some reason all the buttons at the top of the post editor arent showing up.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2007
  2. Nazra7

Nazra7

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alright, I don't mean to complain but I've worked and worked so hard to make this map, and it has all kinds of stuff you'd never see in any other map, and I can't even get a "oh that sounds like a cool map" or something? You rate some simple dodgeball game 5 stars and something way better doesnt even get any replies? I came here to tell you guys about my map becuase wc3campaignes wasnt intrested in it either!

and don't you even dare say becuase it's not good enough. This map is more work then all your maps put togeather, not to mention way more indepth into things it has to offer. not only is this original, a mmorpg on wc3 hostable on bnet, everything being done with this map is completley original and unique. And I sought to bring you guys something worth while, more then just a 30 minute win or loose simple TD, or hero arena ect.(by the way every hero arena i dled didn't have too much custom content in it and I did download alot of them)

I can't even get people to talk about my map I don't know what I'm doing wrong here, can't even get one measley comment, same on wc3campaigns. thats why I came here I just wanted to see if anyone would be intrested in my map here, butI guess not. fine. I won't stop working on it. I will make this map the best map youve ever seen ( not that it isn't already) if it's the last thing I do, it's not only wc3 EVERYTHING I've ever made on anything no one seemed to intrested in it, well thats not going to happen this time! you know why this always happens to me? Becuase I like to create my own unique content, but when its tooo diffrent for the community to behold, they ignore it.

3. DoOs_101

DoOs_101

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hi CG :D...

Or maybe ur not CG... because I believe he made a Dofus RPG submission before to test if people really do care about submissions in wc3c.

4. Lingonberryjam

Lingonberryjam

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello Nazra

Seems like you've put some good time making this map, cred to that!

I understand if you're upset. One of the most horrible things to expierience is being ignored, as if what you have to say is not worth the time. Its often worse than getting negative response, when someone atleast cares enough to discuss something with you.

But think about what you say. This community has its flaws, but i find it very pleasant, even if I'm honestly not good at all at mapmaking (yet). How long did you wait after your first post before posting this? I had to wait two days before someone answered in my maps thread. And my thread (excuse me if I boast) looks really good. And add the fact that the first time i posted a thread about that map no one replied.

But i didnt give up. I thought about why no one seemed interested, and i came up with new ideas. You say you wont stop working on it. Good! Keep up your work. There can be many reasons to why you havent got any replies yet;

- Everybody hates you (i find that very hard to believe)
    - No one likes your type of map (um, WoW seems quite popular)
    - No one saw your thread (hardly possible)
    - No one had the time to post (... no way)
    - Your post was not making people interested (... seems like an alternative)

I'd guess on the last alternative.

Now. Please dont stop mapmaking. But please stop hitting this comunity and its members with comments as these:

Yes you can have your own opinion regarding which map is the better one, but others have their opinions aswell.

How can you even think about writing that. I mean, you do write it, not just yelling it out before thinking about it.

and you say you've lost track of the creators of the models?

Warcraft III is above all else a multiplayer game. A popular map is a map a lot of people like.

A another thing. You complain about no one answering this thread, dling your map or being interested. How many threads have you replied on? These two posts seems like the only you have here.

To sum it all up.

Please continue your work on the map.
    Edit this thread, making it more pleseant to read, but most important; give more information about your map. You give us the game-type and list alot of things that almost every wc3 map has. Tell us more about the in-depth gameplay...

And do try to be more humble.

Yours truly
    Lingon

5. WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Forums are slower than chat channels. You haven't learned that yet, and you've been told many times.

6. Nazra7

Nazra7

Resources:
    Resources:
    sorry for the rant, I hadn't been in a very good mood yesterday. I'm not CG, though I doubt (not saying he hasnt becuase I wouldn't know) cg made a complete replica of dofus, with every region, subregion, and almost every monster in dofus. This map is disigned to be a The Dofus game in 3d and real time combat. Sadley I doubt I'll beable to fit everything thats in the real dofus into my map but I'm getting as much as possible.

I just joined hive workshop yesterday, so I haven't got a chance to post any threads yet or reply to any.I'll do some today.

7. WindexGlow

WindexGlow

Resources:
    Resources:
    Let's break your post down.

Woup-di-do, I'm making a game with .30 unit scale on a 256x256 map. Very big.

So are all maps. So are all.
    One of a kind here!
    Good job. Other orpgs have more players. Since you feature boasts 8 players, does that mean that other orpgs are better?
    A unit is attacked
    Attacking unit is equal to (hero)
    order last created unit to stop

Oh my god that was hard.

Explain.

an extra hero. Shocking.

How many?

'Omg I have to use custom stuff otherwhys my map sucks but if i use custom stuff its AWSOME'

Some orpgs 50+

Aren't those the same thing? And how customizable?
    One of your features is something DEFAULT in warcraft3?!!?

Give a monster 30000 extra hp and it'll be hard. Lots of work there.
    Storyline? How many sides can you take?

Ohh, fancy. Custom game constants data!

How many? I'm pretty sure you don't have several thousand pounds of secrets.

Interesting. Only one on here that is =[

I thought your 'unique' storyline had multiple angles to it.
    What the storyline probably is: Devils are bad. Angels are good. Angels want bad to go away. Angels attack devils. Devils fight back. Big war now. You decide fate of universe.
    Aren't all orpgs.

Aren't all orpgs

That's kinda a given for any rpg.

Wow, that's stupid. Everyone wants monsters that die in one hit, no matter what level you are. That's truly a unique feature in your map. Yup.

How advance? Picking all the units in such ans such range and ordering them to go help a fallen monster?

Most of your features are dull and overused. Any other 'unique' ideas you want to share with us?

Welcome to the forums btw. I'll be your constructive-criticism giver for this flight today.

8. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well WindexGlow a bit harsh post there, but his got a point.

Nazra7: Realy you waited for less then a day...but nevermind that, just delete you double post. (Edit button, then delete, then yes delete, then delete)

As far as I can judge from the screenshot you terrain needs alot of improvement. But to get more and better responses: Post many many screenshots (Use attachment or www.picoodle.com as image hosting site, course then pic can be shown in post.)
    Tell more, much more about what it is, remember we havent worked on your map for a year :smile: (Thinks that is WindexGlow's meaning)

And also welcome to the hive, we are actualy very friendly and fair here. About terrain, look around on the site for tutorials and others post with terrian to get an idea about nice terrian.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2007
  9. WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Windex got it right. I was thinking the same. Your ORPG doesn't sound unique. At all.

10. Nazra7

Nazra7

Resources:
    Resources:
    Let's break your post down.
    (Windex has no idea how much potential this game has!)
    Windex you got it all wrong let me correct you.

Woup-di-do, I'm making a game with .30 unit scale on a 256x256 map. Very big.
    Hahaha you make me laugh. My map is twice as big! 480x480

So are all maps. So are all.

this map contains more then any othe rmap would that can be hosted on bnet I asure you.

One of a kind here!
    It's ment for multi play but it can be singled

Good job. Other orpgs have more players. Since you feature boasts 8 players, does that mean that other orpgs are better?
    This is becuase there has to be players used for bontarian npcs and brakmarian npcs and nuetrel npcs and the monsters have to be used in aplayer, its compatability.

A unit is attacked
    order last created unit to stop

Oh my god that was hard.

OMG! you're so simple! the anti pk system works for people who are in neutrel alignment, and who are in the same alignment as you. If you attck some one you do attack them but a nutrel guard will pop out and kill you and send you to jail for 10 minutes. Am I correcting you enogh now? NO I think not.

Explain.
    the pvp system works like this: If you're a bontarian a angel and you kill a brakmarian a devil you get 1 honor point every 5 honor points you level in wings making your wings even bigger. there are 10 levels total for each side.
    the more rank you have the more powerful pvp items you can use.

an extra hero. Shocking.

hahahahha you still don't get it do you? Your wings are attached to your hero and does not change your unit. making ANY unit beable to use these wings.

How many?

theres about 700+ units so far, and so far there are I think 12 cities I have not counted. and these cities are fairley big size. there are going to be more cities too.

'Omg I have to use custom stuff otherwhys my map sucks but if i use custom stuff its AWSOME'

my map contains dozens of custom units items and spells and ther eiwll be much more.

Some orpgs 50+

there are only 12 playable heroes in dofus but I plan to make unlockable heroes.

Aren't those the same thing? And how customizable?

certain spells you get are only powered by certain attributes, and each class gets there own attributes, you can spend unused attributes points and put them into any attirbute. each hero has thier own best weapon type, has thier own damage hp mp and speed ect. modifiers. weapons and equipment can take a big turn in builds

One of your features is something DEFAULT in warcraft3?!!?
    NO! this cemra is designed to be just like ammorpg cemera so you can see the sky and what's in fornt of you for a ways, and overhead is used for if you cant see where you are.

Give a monster 30000 extra hp and it'll be hard. Lots of work there.

not only having high hp but very tactical ai and very strong spells they use to destroy you.

Storyline? How many sides can you take?

you can take so far up to 5 diffrent campaign story lines and there will be more.

Ohh, fancy. Custom game constants data!

oh yeah? try getting to level 200 in 30 minutes like every other map.

How many? I'm pretty sure you don't have several thousand pounds of secrets.

I'm not certain how many secrets there will be but there will be alot I assure you.

Interesting. Only one on here that is =[

Capturable areas so far are only 2 there will be a total of 6, and mayb more if I make it that way

What the storyline probably is: Devils are bad. Angels are good. Angels want bad to go away. Angels attack devils. Devils fight back. Big war now. You decide fate of universe.

no the devils and angels campaign story is only 2, you dont have to be in alignment to play this game you just need it for pvp.

Aren't all orpgs.

Aren't all orpgs

That's kinda a given for any rpg.

I doubt you save what ou save in my map. items, attributes, hp mp, level, damage, speed modifeir, range modifer, damage modifer, (theres a diffrence between damage and damage modifeir) and gold and lumber.

Wow, that's stupid. Everyone wants monsters that die in one hit, no matter what level you are. That's truly a unique feature in your map. Yup.
    heh if thats ture then you're stupid and you only like simple easy games.

How advance? Picking all the units in such ans such range and ordering them to go help a fallen monster?

truely man you got no idea. the monsters will sometimes attack you and run away due to thier intelegence, where they will run is also due to the intelegence, they cast various spells like summoning, knocking you back or down, stuning, slowing, draining, ect. though I will admit I'm having some trouble with the ai. sometimes the monsters dont do what theyre supposed to do, and I'm working on that.

Most of your features are dull and overused. Any other 'unique' ideas you want to share with us?

heh really now?take a look your 'theroies and assumptions are very wrong how dare you insult me and my creation like that!
    Welcome to the forums btw. I'll be your constructive-criticism giver for this flight today

11. Thunder_eye

Thunder_eye

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nazra7:
    I partially agree with the others, what is so original with a replica of another game?

You should also try to structure up your post and add more screenshots. Now I'm not here to boast about my own project, but I'd atleast advise you to take a look at how I've structured the post. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it's atleast better than what you currently have.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?p=296401#post296401
    (I just recently posted it at Hive while it's on hold, so there isn't much activity)

I'd suggest you to upload images to some other site as I've found that Hive's attachments sucks badly. The images won't even show if the url's too long (which it seem to be in my case). Anyway, it's very hard to judge the terrain. The image is just an very-zoomed-out pic of the map.

Hopefully more people will be interested in your project. And be more patient.

WindexGlow:
    Some of your points are good, but most of them are just stupid assumptions. He just listed some of the features. He never said they were all 1337 H4XX0R good. Though he said the map is original, he didn't point out any specific feature.

12 well balanced and polished heroes is a helluvalot better then 50 crappy heroes with just some blizzard spells with changed names. (not that I can say anything about his map or any that you're comparing it too, but just saying 50 > 12 is just.. fail..)

And wth are you trying to prove with this code? It's just stupid and doesn't even work. If you're gonna be an ass, atleast be it in a proper way.
    "A unit is attacked
    order last created unit to stop"

12. Nazra7

Nazra7

Resources:
    Resources:
    thunder eye I don't know how to do that text change thing making stuff bold and diffrent colours I'll work with it a little. please read my post above yours it explains how windex is very wrong about my map

also my heroes only 12 may be more, yes they have all custom spells and alot of them if not all have gui editions, and the spells are very edited by themselves.

also this map isn't about terrain but I guess its an essential, so I'll work on the terrain more after I've got most of the map done

13. Thunder_eye

Thunder_eye

Resources:
    Resources:
  14. WindexGlow

WindexGlow

Resources:
    Resources:
    From what I've heard, very little (if any) of your map is orignal. You give us no reason to think that this map has potential.

I believe I'm wrong, but a .30 unit scale is around 1/3 the size of a normal unit.
    That means the map would actually be 768x768 if units were normal size. Btw, maps larger than 256x256 add alot of size (memory wise) along with performance problems on weaker machines.

I haven't seen 1 reason at all why this would contain more than any other map.

Most maps can also!

Isn't compatibility when something can be used for multiple roles? So you need 4 teams for 4 different roles?

Most people can make one of those in an hour with gui. Less with jass. Add an extra 30 minutes onto testing.

Totally unique feature there. Yup. Never been used before. Totally. Not lying.

Wow, attachments.
    Just wow.

And how unique are those units? A different name and different stats, with 5% having a different ability?

killix orpg has around 300 custom objects, most around 1kb. "I assure you" that they are better, even with their small memory size.

Good selection there!
    yet another totally unique idea brought to you none other than: (You guessed it!)

Good job. You made something anyone using gui can do in a week. Awesome job.

Make an ai avoid your spells and attacks, jump off walls if needed, throw spells back if possible, use it's own spells when needed (spells deal more damage to the back of the hero), if possible jump on a wall and off of it to get behind you, defend itself, run away, put traps up, ect.
    I've seen better ai s than the one I just listed.

Shitload there.
    I see you've played "footman wars 10000+ fast level" before. Must have been the only map you've played.

Name 5.

Sense you have a hard time of detecting sarcasm; I was joking when I said it was interesting. It isn't.

So aren't all orpgs.

Other maps save more. Alot more. Alot better. Alot nicer. Alot safer.

It's pretty bad when you can't even tell when I'm using sarcasm. :(

Set (runchance) int/50
    If (runchance) is more or equal to (90)
    than order (unit) to move to (500 away from (facing unit's direction))

Holy shit that's complex. ._.

I'm pretty sure most people agree with me (maybe not how I worded it). None of your ideas are 'fresh' or 'orignal'. None are. The terrain is crappy, and terrain is often a good standard on how to rate a map.
    I'll insult you however I like to, since you're calling our maps incredibly crappy if yours is better.

15. Nazra7

Nazra7

Resources:
    Resources:
    windex get a life get a job, go work , and stop insulting my projects kid. i'm not arguing with you any further, some thing can't be explained as well as being expeirienced. when I release my map you'll have to see it for yourself. And I'm getting some sscreen shots.

16. WindexGlow

WindexGlow

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's night. Storms might be coming in an hour. Ya, I'm going to head out when my parents would freak.
    I donate 2 hours to our local humane society, and donate around 3-4 hours each week to civil air patrol. I'm 15 so I can't get a paying job (worth the money) yet.
    You insult our maps, so we can insult yours. Can't wait for the pictures though =]

17. Nazra7

Nazra7

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmmm you're right about one thing. Alright whatever. say what you want.

18. Lingonberryjam

Lingonberryjam

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well atleast you got the attention you were looking for Nazra :)

Those screenshots look quite good. Very interesting landscapes indeed. What i miss is screenies showing the real gameplay, with many players fighting, or atleast you stomping around with some monsters.

Listen to Thunder_Eye, he is 100% right. Try to use the VB codes to put some structure into your first post, using the "edit button" to rewrite it.

And how is windexglow supposed to know how unique your map is when you dont tell him whats unique. You should have done that in the first post.

I promise ill keep an eye on this thread, and when you update it ill check it out.

19. Nazra7

Nazra7

Resources:
    Resources:
    I didn't get the basic game play becuase my character on the game was low level. so he couldn't do much, but I've made a few high level characters, I am going to make a preview movie to show you the game play, and some stuff you can do in it becuase I don't think still images are enough to show you. After I make the movie I'll try to re do the first post and I'll post a link to the movie.

but like i said, theres some problems with the ai that I desperatley need to fix, I would like to do that first. It's the problem that you tell a unit to cast spell and they won't cast it...

Code seems just fine, becuase it works for some units and not for others. but when it's not doing what it's supposed to do obviously theres something wrong. Usually I tell the unit to cast the ability on whatever it got attacked by. and other times I tell it to cast when the unit has gets a target. both of these are not working in alot of areas.

20. Lingonberryjam

Lingonberryjam

Resources:
    Resources:
    go here and ask for help if you need it.

use [trigger]"copy your trigger as text here"[/trigger] to post your triggers (right click on the trigger in the world editor and choose "copy as text").