• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Unique ''Dungeon Map''

Status
Not open for further replies.
3d_dungeon_screensaver_desktop_scre.jpg

Information:
I started working on this map one week ago. I hope i will be able to finish it.
The map is 1.17mb.

The map:

Based on a Horror Dungeon Map.
There is only blood in the map, and killing.
Maximum 4 heroes.
It will be Medieval.

Terrain:
The terrain brings effect and the atmosphere into the map, it makes you think that you are in a real horror. Blood is everywhere, walls/floor, laying bodies...

Sound:
Perfect timing Screaming, sound/music that makes you scared, the sound/music makes it more horror!

Systems:
To be made/import: FSI,Advance keyboard fighting, Exploding blood from creeps...

Captain Royal:
CapatainRoyal.jpg

-Tank
-Healer

Fallen Captain:
FallenCaptain.jpg

-Tank
-DPS (Mage)

Power Lich:
PowerLich.jpg

-DPS (Mage)
-Healer

Skeleton King:
SkeletonKing.jpg

-DPS (Warrior)
-Tank

Team:
I will need a user that isn't busy and knows how to import systems that are VJass or Jass or even triggered, i dont need only a guy that will import stuff for me i need a guy that will ''create and import'' better to say.

New:
-Imported Demon Interface and CRAZZYRUSSIAN action icons.
-Updated Terrain.
-Imported new hero models.
-New sounds added.
-Made new heroes.
-Camera System. Using Left,Right,Up,Dawn key arrows.
-Shake camera system.
-Floating Combat Text System.
-Blood while attacking.

SelectionSystem.jpg

Some of them are outside of the Dungeon and some are in the Dungeon.

DM3.jpg

DM2.jpg

DM1.jpg

DM6.jpg

DM5.jpg

DM9.jpg

DM8.jpg

DM7.jpg

DM10.jpg

DM11overall.jpg

IDM1.jpg

IDM2.jpg

IDM3.jpg

IDM4.jpg

IDM5.jpg

IDM7.jpg

IDM11.jpg

IDM8.jpg

IDM10.jpg

IDM9.jpg

Last edited:
Level 6
What map genre it was? Where is the map link?

I don't think the map is far enough in the production line to be posted yet (just a guess).

The terrain looks cool so far, Oziris. I like the woman that got hanged, I've never seen something like that before. I do have one question, though: will this be medieval? Present-day? Even futuristic, perhaps?

The map:
This map is based on a Horror Dungeon Map.
There is only blood in the map, and killing.

Some of them are outside of the Dungeon and some are in the Dungeon.

DM3.jpg

DM2.jpg

DM1.jpg

DM6.jpg

DM5.jpg

DM9.jpg

DM8.jpg

DM7.jpg

DM10.jpg

DM11overall.jpg

IDM1.jpg

IDM2.jpg

IDM3.jpg

IDM4.jpg

IDM5.jpg

IDM7.jpg

IDM11.jpg

IDM8.jpg

IDM10.jpg

IDM9.jpg

Please read, or i will report spam.

I don't think the map is far enough in the production line to be posted yet (just a guess).

The terrain looks cool so far, Oziris. I like the woman that got hanged, I've never seen something like that before. I do have one question, though: will this be medieval? Present-day? Even futuristic, perhaps?

I too like the women hanging :)
The map isn't finished yet.
It will be Medieval.

And the players are supposed to do what exactly?

To find away to get out of the Dungeon, and get to the city, when they get to the city they have to defend it like in AOS, then you need to do some magic and seal the portal from where creeps are coming, to do that you have to go to some caves, dungeons and much more...dont want to ruin the fun for you ;)

It'll probably be great if you can get some unique and not too repetitive gameplay in it.

Dont worry, i got it all covered ;)

Dungeon ''Heroes'' :

Captain Royal:
CapatainRoyal.jpg

-Tank
-Healer

Fallen Captain:
FallenCaptain.jpg

-Tank
-DPS (Mage)

Power Lich:
PowerLich.jpg

-DPS (Mage)
-Healer

Skeleton King:
SkeletonKing.jpg

-DPS (Warrior)
-Tank

Edit: New Camera System. Using Left,Right,Up,Dawn key arrows.

Edit: New Hero Selection System.
SelectionSystem.jpg

Last edited:
I think too that heroes fit very well, thx for the idea! i will add some skulls,bones,corps and fire together. Oh, i forgot to change the tile, on my way.

Update: Made a Shake camera system, every time you kill a creep the camera shakes!
Update: Made the first creep wave.
Update:
-Floating Combat Text System.
-Blood while attacking.
Update: Added 16 CRAZYRUSSIAN spell icons.

Level 16
3 melee and only 1 ranged class, you might want to change that. Make sure that there is fog of war or really thick fog (weather) so that players get the dark feeling. In addition, these 2 will increase the horror effect because you can't know what's behind the corner. Make sure you give the least info about fighting (since you can't really make health bars disappear, at least don't display combat damage) because the more the human being is aware of what's going on, the less scary it gets (most of our fear comes from the unknown stuff so make sure you make it as apstract as possible). Blood is not really scary, but if combined with black and green colors, it could be since our mind doesn't recognize these. When I used to make horror RPG map, I had only 3 sound themes: loud wind outside the castle, completely silent indoors (unless there's a big monster trying to eat you when the music gets dramatic) and water drops sound in dungeon. It was really freaky trust me. Not to mention how nasty it was when you hear that wind when you go out to some of the castle terraces... But I gave up of the project. Anyway, good luck!

Btw Dawn - zora, Down - dole :) That's a typo

noj

noj

Level 4
i aint sure if those are, but maybe some ingame screenshots so we can see how the camera shows how good the ingame effects and decorating shows, its looks awsome.

If it shows the text only for Damage Player and Damaged Player then its fine imo..

But how this map is "Unique"?

The Damage system is only for the monster and you, when you hit the monster the Damage number rises and fades out.

It would not be so "Unique" if i told you ;)

-Made some traps and finished the first room.
-Second room in Proggres

Level 24
Well I like the screenshots, i've got a few suggestions though. The towers you are using in the outside ones doesn't really go with the wall model your using, it would look better if you used a model which suited the wall models more.

Anyway, as for the actual map it looks interesting, although I haven't really seen anything yet that is really unique to this map.

Well I like the screenshots, i've got a few suggestions though. The towers you are using in the outside ones doesn't really go with the wall model your using, it would look better if you used a model which suited the wall models more.

Anyway, as for the actual map it looks interesting, although I haven't really seen anything yet that is really unique to this map.

Thx for the suggestion, i found a tower for the wall but i did not import it because i was busy with triggers, like some members say to me ''Terrain is not everything''

The unique is going to be reviled in the game!
I am not going to tell.
One thing, is there a rolling(move animation) rock here on the hive, because i really need it?

Use ancient protector missile. Just set its animation speed to 0% when not moving.

Hey, thanks for the idea! +rep

Update:
*Made more Traps
*Made spells for Royal Captain (still needs work)
*Made new terrain of some house, have a look:

Attachments

• Room.JPG
    Room.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 122
  • Room1.JPG
    Room1.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 128
  • room2.JPG
    room2.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 126
Then i will make some system...like if you want the text system to show type -Text on or Text off. The unique is really not to be told, for the third time it will be not great in the map, the unique are surprises in game. The not surprises are showed here. When i finish the 4rooms ( i am doing the second ). I will give a beta, and you will see what i meant for unique trust me!

-Made new terrain
-Made new spells(object Editor)

Here is some screen shots of the new terrain, some of them are in the big Castle you saw in the first thread, and some are in the dungeon, you will notice:

Attachments

• Inside the Castle.JPG
    Inside the Castle.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 427
  • Inside the Castle1.JPG
    Inside the Castle1.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 522
  • Inside the Castle2.JPG
    Inside the Castle2.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 222
  • Inside the Castle3.JPG
    Inside the Castle3.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 210
  • New Terrain.JPG
    New Terrain.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 220
  • New Terrain1.JPG
    New Terrain1.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 139
  • Castle.JPG
    Castle.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 151
Level 9
I am making a horror RPG,but it kinda sucks.But if you want to scare shit out of ppl,use Belgaraths torch system posted in tutorials.Trust me,with SerbianBeasts sound advice,complite darkness and just a tiny torch held by player,and than BUUU!!!!.Monster pops out and you play scream sound and you make player change their pants :)

P.S. If you want I can help you,and I can send you my map,since Im probably gonna give up on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.