• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

my map editor is messed up -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
first of all, both of my RoC and FT is leagal perchased.

now every time i try make map, trigers dont work.

and every time i download map to play(cause some one jacked my RoC CD key and battlenet wont let me in :hohum:)

it says---

critical error. not enough storage place

or

000000 missing(0000 can be unit,,,trigger....etc)

and map editor is compelete black or it shuts down.:cry:

i request help...

ps.anyone owns like models that are normal people looks?

like normal hair,body and etc, and wearing NORMAL armors.

Last edited:
Level 18
It seems to me like those triggers miss parts, because there is not enough space at the imported files part to store them, which is why you get that error. Try removing programs from your computer that you don't use and shut down all programs running except the World Editor or Warcraft III. Also make sure to exit the programs on your system tray (the icons in the lower-right corner of your screen)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You are recomended to have atleast 25% free Hard disc space for decent PC efficency. Defragmenting that space will up efficency by clearing up larger open areas for data to go.
I think what could be happening is there is not enough free Hard disc space to store the map and so it crashes.

Also make sure your hard disc space is uncompressed, as the compression might be causing it to error on map save due to delays.

Too little RAM might also cause this error as a lot of temp data is stored in RAM on map save, It is recomended to have atleast 100 MB of RAM free and not used when doing any kind of game of this age.

Finally some PC specs might be good.

Level 3
You are recomended to have atleast 25% free Hard disc space for decent PC efficency. Defragmenting that space will up efficency by clearing up larger open areas for data to go.
I think what could be happening is there is not enough free Hard disc space to store the map and so it crashes.

Also make sure your hard disc space is uncompressed, as the compression might be causing it to error on map save due to delays.

Too little RAM might also cause this error as a lot of temp data is stored in RAM on map save, It is recomended to have atleast 100 MB of RAM free and not used when doing any kind of game of this age.

Finally some PC specs might be good.

ummm....

i first tried to download map with 200 kb. it said it dont have enough spaces.

then, i tried 1010kb one. that one worked fine.

This could be due to corrupted file...----

if its currupted, how come it says in site

this map is prooven to work properly

ps. i was wondering since FT is from used shop, i was thinking of some virus crap. so i made all units and made map like that. it works fine.

Level 18
Then either your file was indeed damaged or corrupted, or you had still too many programs open. Try downloading the file again (make sure you have plenty of hard disk space, more then the map size) and close all other programs including the ones on the system tray before opening it.

Level 3
Then either your file was indeed damaged or corrupted, or you had still too many programs open. Try downloading the file again (make sure you have plenty of hard disk space, more then the map size) and close all other programs including the ones on the system tray before opening it.

i closed everything and i couldnt still download....

so how i check my file is damaged?

Level 3
You couldn't download? I thought the problem occurred when you opened it with the World Editor.

How much free hard disk space do you have on 'C:/'?

mine got about 1GB left.

and problem is,

since i cant use battle net,

i was thinkin of playin some maps in tHW

but when i download map and world editor opens, they shut down sayin random errors on map. which seems to not happen to others.

Level 3
And what kind of map do you mark as "others"?

However you probably still should remove some stuff you don't use if you only have 1 GB available.

oh, i heard that it might be cause i dont have PROPER world editor...

is there like thing i need..?

Level 3
Well, I assume you get a proper World Editor with a legal Warcraft III game. If you don't, you're screwed (for a reason)

ok. things i found is.... i have like something wrong..

RoC got little damage on CD, so i cant download were it is recommanded. i downloaded on desktop instead of C drive. cause night elf movie file wont download.

FT is from used shop so i dont know WTF did previous user did to it.

and its not memory problem..

i cant download map that was 200kb,

so i went to download halo warz one,(7500KB)

but, halo warz work fine.... im playing it right now...

Level 18
You simply download the maps, copy them to you maps folder (default is C:/Program Files/Warcraft III/Maps), start Warcraft III (Reign of Chaos or The Frozen Throne. If it's a Frozen Throne map, you can only open with The Frozen Throne), select Single Player, select Custom Game, choose the game you downloaded and placed in the maps folder, and you can play the game.

Level 3
You simply download the maps, copy them to you maps folder (default is C:/Program Files/Warcraft III/Maps), start Warcraft III (Reign of Chaos or The Frozen Throne. If it's a Frozen Throne map, you can only open with The Frozen Throne), select Single Player, select Custom Game, choose the game you downloaded and placed in the maps folder, and you can play the game.

so when i download, click save?

Level 18
If you can choose to save the file, save it at the Maps folder. All folders under the Maps folder can be opened inside the game, so you can also place it under /Maps/Scenario, /Maps/FrozenThrone, /Maps/FrozenThrone/Scenario, /Maps/Downloads, /Maps/Test, or a folder you created yourself under the Maps folder.

Level 3
If you can choose to save the file, save it at the Maps folder. All folders under the Maps folder can be opened inside the game, so you can also place it under /Maps/Scenario, /Maps/FrozenThrone, /Maps/FrozenThrone/Scenario, /Maps/Downloads, /Maps/Test, or a folder you created yourself under the Maps folder.

it wont work. maps are in, but i cant play it. if i click the map name,

it shows nothing. just map info, but no team setting thing. if i click start, it just shuts down.

Status
Not open for further replies.