• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My idea for a future Halo game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Bungie Forums thread Link
343Industries thread Link

My idea is a new game type. In this game type, there would be 4 Spartan players and 12 covenant players (or perhaps 5 V 10 or 4 V 8). Notice I didn't say Elite players, I said Covenant. The main feature of this game type is that the 12 Covenant players start off as "weak" covenant troops then are able to gradually get "better" troops. I suppose watching Beast Mode* videos from Gears of War 3 got me to polish this idea more, so I suppose think of this as a Halo Beast Mode*. However, instead of attacking AI you'll be attacking a team of Spartans controlled by players. Instead of kills rewarding "Special Points" to the Covenant players, Damage on the spartan players will increase your "Special Points" amount. Kills just basically provide a bonus.

Covenant players start off with the lowest grunt rank. Each time they damage a spartan, they get special points to spend on what they'll spawn as next. Lowest grunt rank is free, just in case the player happens to run out of Special Points. Each covenant species and rank varies on how much they cost. It all depends on how efficient that one covie troop is in killing spartans. Depending on what you pick, that covie troop has its own "loadout". For example, grunts can either start off with a plasma pistol or needler (unless you bought one of those grunts that uses heavy weapons such as the Fuel Rod Cannon or Plasma Launcher.) Weapon pickups are limited for the covenant players, just according to what the covie troop can use and what they are allowed to use.

Spartan players, on the other hand, are just spartans. They spawn in with whatever loadouts are available to them and can use any weapon they can get their hands on. However, Spartans have limited lives ( or perhaps they must defend something) and must make it through until the timer runs out. Whenever it does run out, Spartans win. If the covenant players complete their goal, then well obviously Spartans lose. And perhaps Spartans can gain regular old points (like in firefight) for a little competition of getting the highest score.

And perhaps certain covenant troops need certain requirements filled. Such as if you want to have a hunter, then you and your squad-mate must both be dead and must both have enough Special Points to buy it. So there will be a Hunter Pair. Some covenant troops may even have a bit of different controls (like flying a drone).

So, what do you all think about this idea?

* Beast Mode is a new game type in Gears of War 3, here is a link if you don't know what it is.

Last edited:
Level 19
Considering that a team of Spartans can destroy whole armies of grunts, this might be a tad hard to pull off without serious, overblown balance changes. Also, why did you bother typing that out, especially as your first and only post on this site?

Level 7
I really think that Halo:Reach is at its ultimate or the peak of all Halo series, so I really don't have any idea to add about it.

Halo reach was, in my opinion the best game i have yet ever played, next to halo 1..... So agreed Halo needs no new modes but the idea is interesting but i don't think the players of halo would much enjoy it as for bungie I don't think they would think it's worth on disk space... But Keep trying!

Status
Not open for further replies.