• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Music playing through when on profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I was wondering if there could be embedding music tracks in our profiles through upload or link embed media, it can be awesumm if one wants to have a soundtrack playing through their profile to fit their theme or liking. Especially when you visit someone's profile you hear their songs or sounds.

I'm thinking of that there would be a tiny mini player underneath your avatar playing your song one time soon if it comes to possibility. :3

Level 4
I feel you that you want people to be in a certain emotional state or enjoy an awesome tune when they visit your crib, but autoplaying music is not going to happen. The closest you can get would be an embedded YouTube video in your signature or something like that.
That signature way can be alternative, agree. Thanks, chieftain, least I know my idea won't be happening :)

Yes yes and yes!

hahaha the cringe :p

While amusing, it's a terrible idea.
LoL terrible as friendster?

Level 20
There's a reason people don't like ads that play music.

And, sadly, OP - your idea is pretty much the same thing. The reality is, everyone has a different taste in music and quite often it can be pretty narrow. So, while from time to time you would absolutely run into a song you like or got introduced to an awesome song at a time when you're into listening to some music, a lot of the times you would just be forced to listen to something that you don't like or be played a song when you really don't want to listen to music.

This would be quite frustrating to a lot of people and thus, if this ever was to become real, we would definetely need an option to disable it - i.e. turn off music on other people's profiles to allow folks to avoid being annoyed by listening to things they don't like. And that kinda defeats the purpose of such as feature, because if the music is on-demand, you might as well just put it in your signature, share a link to it on your profile or just post it in the off-topic forum.

That way, you can share your favourite songs with people who might be interested in listening to it without forcing it on people who aren't.

Level 4
There's a reason people don't like ads that play music.

And, sadly, OP - your idea is pretty much the same thing. The reality is, everyone has a different taste in music and quite often it can be pretty narrow. So, while from time to time you would absolutely run into a song you like or got introduced to an awesome song at a time when you're into listening to some music, a lot of the times you would just be forced to listen to something that you don't like or be played a song when you really don't want to listen to music.

This would be quite frustrating to a lot of people and thus, if this ever was to become real, we would definetely need an option to disable it - i.e. turn off music on other people's profiles to allow folks to avoid being annoyed by listening to things they don't like. And that kinda defeats the purpose of such as feature, because if the music is on-demand, you might as well just put it in your signature, share a link to it on your profile or just post it in the off-topic forum.

That way, you can share your favourite songs with people who might be interested in listening to it without forcing it on people who aren't.
Sure. :) There are popsters, rockers, indies, metalheads, and some I don't understand audiophiliacs out there. If else someone puts auto-play of "Pineapple Pen" (which is so super cringeyyy), that would be super annoying. :D

Level 20
Sure. :) There are popsters, rockers, indies, metalheads, and some I don't understand audiophiliacs out there. If else someone puts auto-play of "Pineapple Pen" (which is so super cringeyyy), that would be super annoying. :D
I have a conundrum right now - I've never heart that Pineapple Pen song before and you saying it's extra cringey makes me want to go and listen to it to see for myself, but on the other hand I don't want to listen to something like that and... Damn you, dude :D

Status
Not open for further replies.