• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

People posting on their own profiles -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
This gets really annoying. There are a lot of users that, when they get a visitor message, answer it by posting on their own profile, and therefore, the one who sent them the message can't see it until they visit the other user's profile. THIS IS NOT FACEBOOK. You can't share things by just posting it on your "wall". Just wanted to complain about this since a lot of users do this, even some with high reputation.

Level 23
I did that too last few years until few days ago someone taught me how to use this function correctly. There should be something that tells how things work.

Same here.

Its not their fault, the idea of replying on anothers wall for a conversation that started on yours isnt exactly the most obvious thing to do.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I figured how the system worked by pressing the View Conversation button, but I just don't like to see walls of avatars and visitor messages by the same person on people's profiles. So I reply on my profile, and honestly, that's how the system should work.

Level 7
I used to do the same thing. Personally, I completely agree with Rui, I find it annoying to have to go to a whole different profile to post a reply to someone that commented on your profile.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I think this could be easily solved by adding a [REPLY] button to VMs, that either redirects you to the profile of the poster, or opens a reply field that is posted on the correct wall - so that you reply on your profile, but the message is posted on the other profile.

I figured how the system worked by pressing the View Conversation button, but I just don't like to see walls of avatars and visitor messages by the same person on people's profiles. So I reply on my profile, and honestly, that's how the system should work.

The problem is that that relies on one user constantly checking your profile for updates

Something like; a small tutorial that allows them to learn how to use some of Hive's most helpful features.

Like:
  • How to Properly Reply to a Visitor Message
  • A Thorough Explanation of all of the Tabs under the UserCP
  • BBCode Usage (Other than the BBCode list; teaching the most commonly used BBCodes)
  • THW's Rules
  • Recommended Resources that show the high standards of THW

I know there are some more that could be added to the tutorial; but I got mental-blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.