• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mur'gul Warlock

Mr.Goblin owed me a favor, so I asked him if he can draw the award entry icon for Direfury and I when we won Hero Contest #8 with our Mur'gul Warlock entry (you can check out our entry here). As mentioned, it was originally only made to be for the award icon, but I figured it should be uploaded as a possible ingame icon as well.
Contents

HeroMurgulWarlock (Icon)

Reviews
Sin'dorei300
Sweet medal!! It fits the model very well and it's useful.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
This is perfect. Too perfect. Fits the model, and fits great in-game. Even better, it just shows the face, so I can use an edited (non-Warlock-y) version of the model with this.

On a side note, I think the reason Mr.Goblin didn't want to upload it is because he didn't want it showing up on his profile. The icon is not worthy.
No Way. That cannot be; this thing is just up his alley. :<

... Maaaan; just think. If I had won, I could have a fancy custom icon made for my beautiful Windlord hero... *sniff*

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Well if you had won, I would have asked what your award entry icon would be. Mr Goblin only did this because he owed me a favor :p
Well, it would've been the Windlord (winning entry), though you're right that Mr. Goblin probably wouldn't have drawn it. :<

Then again, I wonder when that started (using the winning entry for all the top 3 award icons); other places would use cool custom/in-game icons that come in 3s (upgrades & whatnot).

Level 37
I believe Ralle would have to change the award system a bit to make it work. The moderators only have to give him a 40x40 of the award entry, and then the system automatically generates the Gold / Silver / Bronze borders. I'm not sure how Ralle would feel about it, but I think it would be an awesome idea. The only problem is finding someone who would be okay making 40x40 icons for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place :p

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Well like I said, we wouldn't necessarily need someone to make all-new icons; at least not for a while, if ever. We could use in-game Upgrade animations (they come in sets of 3 with logical progressions from good-better-best), and then we could just use simple stuff like swords & helmets but change the glow.

Roland

R

Roland

Reminds me of my First contribution, the Wolf lord Icon.

<3 <3 ily will be mizzed @UgoUgo

anyway, I love your icon bruh