• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Multiple Riase Dead ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, I have found some discussions about this, but none had any solution. As title says, I wanted to create several(6 to be specific) abilities based on the Raise Dead ability(or any other, that can create unit from the corpse). But it is impossible, because only one ability with same string can be used by unit. The only way that was found is using different spells for it, but I haven´t found any other than Vengeance and Beetle summon. Is there some workaround for this please? Thanks

Level 3
Ok, thanks for your reply Pharaoh, but could you be specific on how would the trigger look like? Because issue order with no target won´t do I think.

Level 17
Ok, thanks for your reply Pharaoh, but could you be specific on how would the trigger look like? Because issue order with no target won´t do I think.

its depend what base order id u use for channel ability, example if use roar, then u must order like a normal roar ability
  • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Night Elf Druid Of The Claw - Roar
just care dont use 2 ability with same base order string/id so if u use channel with roar order id then dont use original roar on same unit

Level 7

I think he means you should give your hero 6 different dummy abilities. Then create 6 triggers, 1 for each ability. Each trigger should detect when an ability is cast and then create a dummy unit with the real spell you want, make the dummy unit cast the spell and then it will be removed.

Each of your triggers would look something like this one below. This is an Old trigger of mine and is by no means the best way to do it but it works well. Using this method you will create dummy units to cast the ability for you. because any given dummy unit will only ever have 1 ability given to it this solves the problem of having multiple spells with the same order ID.

• Panda Divine Judgement DOT
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Casting unit)) Equal to Pandaren Seer
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to P Divine Judgement (dummy)
      • ((Targeted unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Divine Judgement DOT (trigger) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Divine Judgement DOT (trigger) for (Last created unit) to (Level of P Divine Judgement (dummy) for (Casting unit))
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Warden - Shadow Strike (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_TempPoint)
i gave the ability "Divine Judgement DOT (trigger)" to my dummy unit. This ability was based of the shadow strike ability.

Does this answer your question?

Level 3
Oh, I think I´m getting it. I´m gonna play with it a little bit. Thanks Greenwhy!

Edit:It works! Thank you again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.