• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Having two Carrion Beetle abilities (limited raise dead)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I am making a map with a custom undead team, and there are units which are to have multiple raise dead abilities, and they need a limit of number of raises different from 25 (Raise Dead's hardcoded number). Carrion Beetle can work to provide the limited number, but it does not work to have one unit with two abilities of the same root ability.
I was hoping to find another ability like Carrion Beetle, but do not see any. I would also prefer to minimize use of triggers for these abilities. Any ideas or help?

If I can't get anything better, I may just make an ability that either changes the unit to one that has the alternative ability or triggers a change of which ability it has (neither is really ideal. For one, I'm not sure how that will affect the summon limit). Thanks in advance.

Level 7
there's raise dead (item) which may or may not serve your needs
I had not previously checked that one, so I appreciate the recommendation. Nevertheless, turns out that is another root ability of the like unto the normal raise dead abilities, which have a summon limit of 25. The Carrion Beetle ability appears to be a lone ability of its likeness in terms of root abilities.

Thet 25 summon limit is a max unit restriction for Skeleton-Fighter (uske). You could change it with limit unit of training at map init for all players or by changing the unitType for check in the ability.
Don't set it to unlimited I did in one of my maps and bot/non player necros did not use raise dead any more.

There is another version of Carrion Beetle in the nightelf skills. Revenge Spirite (or similiar) the skill used by the summon of warden's ulti.

Level 7
There is another version of Carrion Beetle in the nightelf skills. Revenge Spirite (or similiar) the skill used by the summon of warden's ulti.
Oh my goodness Taysen! I even just played a match with Night elves and the Warden's ability (Spirit of Vengeance) yesterday, and noticed that limit, but I forgot that I needed that! That is wonderful help, and this should resolve my problem even better than the current fix I implemented (having the building alternate between states using a stone form type ability).
Thank you! Rep+

Status
Not open for further replies.