• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Carrion Beetles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Is there any way to easily make the spell "Carrion Beetles" no longer require a corpse for casting?

If this is not possible, how would I go about making a spell that works the same was as Carrion Beetles (preferably without auto-cast) but not require corpses?

Help is very appreciated!

Level 2
Actually I tried giving the hero the ability to generate corpses....but yes it looked ridiculous. As for changing the target of the spell, in game you still get the error "No nearby corpses" and the spell doesn't cast.
I'm going to look into modeling the custom spell after another base spell.

Level 3
Just modify an normal summon spell, like cast water elemental. Change the model to that of a beetle, and the attack stats. And poof u have the same effect. U can change the number of beetles spawned, how long they will stay and so on.

This way u don't need corpses or anythign and it isn't auto cast.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.