1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Carrion Beetles Without Corpse???

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by pandamanana, Jun 10, 2007.

1. pandamanana

pandamanana

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I need a spell that will summon units with a max amount of units that can be summoned... aka Carrion Beetles.. BUT i don't want them to be summoned from dead bodies.... is there a way to make it not summon from corpses or is there a spell that summons w/ a max amount of units summonable at one time?

2. Neiko

Neiko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    you can do feral spirit spell. It's what I do to summon things that have a timed life and come out of thin air.

edit- if you don't want them to have a timed life, I know there is a way, but I don't know/remember =x. I've seen some games with it.

3. Av3n

Av3n

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You might want to trigger it though its an solution to your problem

-Av3n

4. pandamanana

pandamanana

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    not really

I want the spell to summon 1 unit, but be able to have more than one summoned at a time with a max amount of units summoned (like carrion beetles) except I want it to be summoned out of thin air. (unlike Feral Spirits where it summons all the units right there and when you cast it again, they replace the last ones summoned...)

I have seen a spell similiar to this in Enmity Campaigns where the Trapper summons turrets (one by one with a max unit count of 6.)

still looking for an answer ... (=========(Pandamanana)============)

5. FamousPker49

FamousPker49

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    you could be able to easily do it with triggers like so:

• Summon
      • Events
        • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing Default building facing degrees
        • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (If ((Number of units in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman))) Greater than or equal to 6) then do (Unit - Explode (Last created unit)) else do (Do nothing))

6. pandamanana

pandamanana

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    so I would use a summoning spell like Summon Water Elemental (or something) as the base for this? so that it summons the summon out of thin air and can have more than 1 summoned at a time. (unlike Feral Spirit)

Thanks lolz ^_^ I'll try it out

7. NearbyHermit

NearbyHermit

Resources:
    Resources:
    Man try Summon Bear.It doesent have's timed life and is summoned from no corpse.Try it ,its the answer

8. Neiko

Neiko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yea, I was about to say the Summon Misha/Bear. Misha was a beast in the campaign.

9. Kixer

Kixer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Go with summon quillbeast because i think you can only have one bear at a time? Or is that just for misha?
    You need a trigger that has "Unit begins casting ability"
    Then you need to count the number of units ( as seen before, it just leaked )
    Then if the number of units is = the max number issue order "stop" to triggering unit...
    That should work quite well, you might also want to display a message like "You cannot summon any more ***".
    Hope this helps.

10. Neiko

Neiko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yea, I just checked, Bears can stack spawn, so you can have multiples of them, but Misha is only one. (Just played a game of Footmen Frenzy and Summoned 1 bear, and I thought I couldn't summon another, but I did for the hell of it and the old one stayed. So yes, bears can have multiples.)

11. NearbyHermit

NearbyHermit

Resources:
    Resources:
    Told ya
    .A better and unique idea is the summon lava spawn cause its devouring the life of the enemy and spawn once more ,Have an army have power

12. pandamanana

pandamanana

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    thanks for the help guys

and hermit.. what I'm going for is not anything based off of Lava Spawn...

whateva' thanks though ^)^

13. Woodfolk

Woodfolk

Resources:
    Resources:
    this doesnt really belong to the original topic, but to remove the timed life of summoned units you simple have to set the duration to 0 seconds.

14. Tooolbox

Tooolbox

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sorry if this is completely off-topic, but from the first point someone mentioned not knowing how to make the duration infinite, I was just waiting to say it as I read all the posts. And now Wood has beat me to it -.-