• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Carrion Beetles Without Corpse???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I need a spell that will summon units with a max amount of units that can be summoned... aka Carrion Beetles.. BUT i don't want them to be summoned from dead bodies.... is there a way to make it not summon from corpses or is there a spell that summons w/ a max amount of units summonable at one time?

Level 5
you can do feral spirit spell. It's what I do to summon things that have a timed life and come out of thin air.

edit- if you don't want them to have a timed life, I know there is a way, but I don't know/remember =x. I've seen some games with it.

Level 8
not really

I want the spell to summon 1 unit, but be able to have more than one summoned at a time with a max amount of units summoned (like carrion beetles) except I want it to be summoned out of thin air. (unlike Feral Spirits where it summons all the units right there and when you cast it again, they replace the last ones summoned...)

I have seen a spell similiar to this in Enmity Campaigns where the Trapper summons turrets (one by one with a max unit count of 6.)

still looking for an answer ... (=========(Pandamanana)============)

Level 18
you could be able to easily do it with triggers like so:

• Summon
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (If ((Number of units in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman))) Greater than or equal to 6) then do (Unit - Explode (Last created unit)) else do (Do nothing))

Level 9
Go with summon quillbeast because i think you can only have one bear at a time? Or is that just for misha?
You need a trigger that has "Unit begins casting ability"
Then you need to count the number of units ( as seen before, it just leaked )
Then if the number of units is = the max number issue order "stop" to triggering unit...
That should work quite well, you might also want to display a message like "You cannot summon any more ***".
Hope this helps.

Level 5
Go with summon quillbeast because i think you can only have one bear at a time? Or is that just for misha?
You need a trigger that has "Unit begins casting ability"
Then you need to count the number of units ( as seen before, it just leaked )
Then if the number of units is = the max number issue order "stop" to triggering unit...
That should work quite well, you might also want to display a message like "You cannot summon any more ***".
Hope this helps.

Yea, I just checked, Bears can stack spawn, so you can have multiples of them, but Misha is only one. (Just played a game of Footmen Frenzy and Summoned 1 bear, and I thought I couldn't summon another, but I did for the hell of it and the old one stayed. So yes, bears can have multiples.)

Level 2
this doesnt really belong to the original topic, but to remove the timed life of summoned units you simple have to set the duration to 0 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.