• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Multiple Overlapping sound trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm trying to get a gun sound effect to play everytime the gun is shot

problem is,the sound will not play again until it is done with the sound.

say; the gun shoots twice a second (0.5sec cooldown)
the gun sound's length is 1second

you can only hear the sound once every second,even if the gun is shooting rapidly.

How can I get the sound to play every time the gun is shot?

your help is very much appreciated

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Limitations with WC3. It has very few sound channels and no way to customize sound on actions in an efficient way to produce good results. Making it part of the actual model data is the only way to do vaguely what you are after.

You could always import the sound multiple times as then you can play multiple copies of it if I recall but this is just a stupid thing to do anyway.

SC2 on the other hand makes this nothing more than a simple sound actor created on the action you want. The amount of parallelism and variations of the sound can then be defined in the sound data. Another area SC2 greatly improved upon WC3.

Level 8
You could always import the sound multiple times as then you can play multiple copies of it if I recall but this is just a stupid thing to do anyway.

Exactly,its Impractical :/ ...

SC2 on the other hand makes this nothing more than a simple sound actor created on the action you want. The amount of parallelism and variations of the sound can then be defined in the sound data. Another area SC2 greatly improved upon WC3.

Its much Improved,I can see that :)

Thanks for answering :grin: +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.