• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Multiple attacks on a single unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I searched google and here and haven't anything like what I'm trying to do. It's kinda like the battleship map where each item in your inventory equals a different attack. Anyone know how that was done, or if there is another way to add more then 1 attack to a unit?

Basically I want to make 'ships' with guns, missiles and point defense weapons.

Level 2
yep, base an ability off "Barrage" then add it to the unit

So I give the unit the barrage ability and?? Can you please refer me to the article you learned it off of?

Level 12
The Barrage ability attacks nearby enemies automatically and passively, not related at all to the unit itself. The missile art, damage, cooldown and as such can be modified in the ability properties.
What you need to do is give the unit the ability Barrage that you have created. This can be done by:
1. Applying the ability to a matching item and giving it to the unit
2. Giving the unit the ability itself
I hope I have explained everything.

Level 10
just go to the thehelper website, where it has tutorials and everything.
about the battleships map i think thats where htey use items, just add barrage ability to item as yoda said and when unit gets the item they get the barrage ability, dont make it more complicated than it is ;P trust me its not as hard as it looks

Level 2
Ok, I got a item called Plasma Missile, I applied it to an item, the missile art is mortar, problem is the art, even though it's a missile, is applied directly to the target enemy and it doesn't deal the damage I set. Note: I set damage per target to 100, yet it doesn't apply that damage, what am I doing wrong?

Level 2
Maximum total damage..? Maybe?

I set max total damage to the max and it still isn't working correctly. I've uploaded the test map, link follows. When it starts buy the item from the shop to test the barrage ability. The goal is to have the item fire a missile every 4 seconds at a range of 1100. So far all I get is the missile art applied directly to the target but without any damage dealt. Instead I'd like the missile art to 'travel' to the target and deal damage.

http://willhostforfood.com/files4/7/9/2/7920481/spacecraft.zip

Level 7
yup phoenix fire is the solution, same thing they used in the battle ship map, just make sure to set the duration to .01 if you set it to 0 it will bug and the targets will start burning ..... and burning.

Level 2
maybe try using phoenix fire ability and change its arts and damage

Not sure that accomplishes my goal, phoenix fire just modifies the base attack, correct? My goal is to have multiple attacks going off simultaneously.

Level 10
phoenix fire works, but barrage can show the damage that is about to be dealt, so it is more suited, but phoenix fire can be used as an add-on. (notice how once u researfch barrage for tank you get that damgae showing up?) I'll look further into this subject.
Also, did you change targets allowed to ground ? ( or atleast checked ground)

also barrage is fired when attacking is, and phoenix fire is based on cooldown.

Level 10
OK FINALLY FOUND THE REASON AS TO WHY BARRAGE DOES NOT WORK....
THE WEAPON TYPE SHOULD BE MISSILE!!...
OK Lemme give u the values as to set them as u want and il say meaning of each:
DAMAGE PER TARGET: SET TO 0 TO DEAL UNIT DEFAULT DAMAGE
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF TARGETS: W/E Number of targets you want
MAXIMUM TOTAL DAMAGE: Max damage of all damage per target missiles combined (its 0 and deals default unit damage so doesnt matter)
Cooldown: Set cooldown to 0 (fires whenevery attack does)
ALSO MAKE SURE DAMAGE NUMBER OF DICE FOR YOUR UNITS ATTACK is 1.

Hope i helped....!!! also put phoenix fire for additions, barrage for normal attack!

Level 7
If you are opting to use barrage, DONOT forget to set the units that are capable of being hit, as the default only hits air units. set it to ground or what ever you want.

Level 2
You guys are freakin awesome, phoenix fire was exactly what I needed :). Thanks for the patience guys!

also barrage is fired when attacking is, and phoenix fire is based on cooldown.

That's what I needed in this case, extra attacks based soley on cooldowns.

OK FINALLY FOUND THE REASON AS TO WHY BARRAGE DOES NOT WORK....
THE WEAPON TYPE SHOULD BE MISSILE!!...
OK Lemme give u the values as to set them as u want and il say meaning of each:
DAMAGE PER TARGET: SET TO 0 TO DEAL UNIT DEFAULT DAMAGE
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF TARGETS: W/E Number of targets you want
MAXIMUM TOTAL DAMAGE: Max damage of all damage per target missiles combined (its 0 and deals default unit damage so doesnt matter)
Cooldown: Set cooldown to 0 (fires whenevery attack does)
ALSO MAKE SURE DAMAGE NUMBER OF DICE FOR YOUR UNITS ATTACK is 1.

Gonna see if I can't get this to work as well, I'm sure I'll be needing it later on, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.