• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Multi-Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I would like to know how do you make a unit attack 6 shots automatically.
For example, a Ship has 6 Main Cannons, 50 Point Defense.
I wanna make all of the attacks separated, so it has 6 attacks from the turrests.

Level 3
Thank you! I will see if it works.

If you have any better recomendation, just say!

Btw, i want it to have a Cooldown, for example, if it shots 6 times, wait for X secs and then shoot again.
Not like the Phoenix fire, where he shoots everyone.

Level 12
Barrage will let you control the maximum amount of targets. But if you mean 6 consecutive shots (So every 6th shot it has to "reload" no matter the time between each shot) instead of only shooting 6 at a time, that's a bit more difficult to pull off though not impossible. It would require some triggering.

Level 3
Barrage will let you control the maximum amount of targets. But if you mean 6 consecutive shots (So every 6th shot it has to "reload" no matter the time between each shot) instead of only shooting 6 at a time, that's a bit more difficult to pull off though not impossible. It would require some triggering.

Yeah, that's what i wanted, i know it needs some trigger but...
Right now i need only a "base" that i can change damage, attack rate and other important stuff, i really need that for my special project! :3

Level 3
There are 3 kinds of ships for now...
1- Anti-Fighter, he will have like 20 very-fast point defense. (
2- Transport, he will have some weapons and some point defense, but they are very weak against anything because their purpose is to Transport.
3-Capital Ship, very strong against any kind of enemy ship, except for Fighters, he can launch it.

So, Anti-Fighter for CIS and Republic:
Munificent Class Frigate.
Consular Class Frigate

Transport:
Acclamator Class Assault Ship (Republic Only)

Capital Ship:
Venator Class Star Destroyer
Providence Class Star Destroyer

Multi-Role Transport and Capital Ship:
Lucrehulk(Cis Only)

Lucrehulk is going to be very limited, since ONE can subjulgate a WHOLE PLANET, so each one can have a max of 3.

Game is 5x5 and +1 bot for each faction.

So, a total of 6 Ships only!

Level 3
Right now, the lasers are fired automatically, and only uses one model...
That is the "Laser"

I'm going to use Mostly Blue, Green and Red Lasers.
(Red are for the Droids, so i think it's not needed).

Blue are for Spaceship turrets, while green is for the AT-TE or Anti-Infantry Laser.

Can you make Point Laser fire at Locust?
Point Laser is only to get fighters, the max damage is like 1? (Big Lasers will shoot against bigger ships, so right now that's the disavantage, while the Consular and Munificent fire like 1 shot per second, the point laser of the Venator and the others fires only 3 at once each 10 secs.)
And don't need of the dummy cannons, the needed is only so that they can shoot all fires they are supposed to.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Having hundreds of attacks flying around per second is a sure fire way to run into performance problems. I would recommend you seriously consider if you really need "20 very-fast point defense" per anti-fighter ship. This is even more true if you are moving dummy units around for the attacks.

Level 3
Having hundreds of attacks flying around per second is a sure fire way to run into performance problems. I would recommend you seriously consider if you really need "20 very-fast point defense" per anti-fighter ship. This is even more true if you are moving dummy units around for the attacks.

As i said, dummies are not supposed to be the main issue, only the ship firing it is good enough.
And i have yet to do lots of balancing.

Level 19
you cannot refresh attack cooldown, but you can emulate the real attack. catch it's order, replace it with dummies which would throw some spell with a projectile over it, like acid bomb. on hit check for buff, detect the source using it, do your magic. what Im missing here?

Level 3
you cannot refresh attack cooldown, but you can emulate the real attack. catch it's order, replace it with dummies which would throw some spell with a projectile over it, like acid bomb. on hit check for buff, detect the source using it, do your magic. what Im missing here?

It's not about "refresh attack cooldown".
Multi-attacks are different, if units get in range it will fire automatically, without you ordering it.
Like phoenix fire, but they have Cooldown, amount of possible shots(Not 4 shots per target, but 4 shots each X seconds), and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.