• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Atack type & defense type change them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi my problem is next:
Am creating map Hero arena type.Elements are included (6 of them)
My goal is to hero or unit may change their attack or defend type by clicking the spell separately for attack and defense.
Problem is there isn't such a spell or am wrong?
Hero can get 1 of chosen 6 elements example i pick water and get randomly fire + so i have 2 types fire and water.My base hero/unit have ele water and can switch attack or defense to fire then switch back to water.
I got on mind bear/crow form or metamorphosis but they change whole unit.
Or maybe creating saving system that will create and save players basic ele+2nd ele and then make 4 types of units
(water ele 1 attack | water ele 1 def)
(water ele 1 attack | fire ele 2 def)
(fire ele 2 attack | fire ele 2 def)
(fire ele 2 attack | water ele 1 def)
If anyone have idea how i can do this please speak.
If not i will be force to do only 2 types of switch :(

Level 37
Create as many versions of the unit as you need. Then use metamorphosis or bear form for the base ability.

For example if you want water for defense and attack, and fore for defense and attack, you need four unit types.

|defense - attack|
Water - Water
Water - Fire
Fire - Water
Fire - Fire

Give the metamorphosis four levels, and set different unit type for each level. Then set the level of metamorposis so that you hero transforms into the correct unit type.

Level 4
:/ yea its only solution that will work and that its giving me what i want.
That's (6*6)*4 = 144 units to create...
I got another idea manipulating with heroes with their str/agy/int stats.
so by their stats i will know what attack and def are they but i have question.
Can i make trigger that will decide if the target gets 50% or 200% dmg ?
Lets say STR is Darkness and light | AGY is fire and water| INT nature and earth
===== Attack | defense
Darkness 1 | 2
Light...... 4 | 7
if hero have 3 str (1+2) he is full darkness| 11= full light
4+2=6 light attack dark defense | 1+7=8 dark attack and light def

Level 4
i don't know jass and i need solution to be able to switch between type of defense(hero,divine etc) and attack (magic,hero,chaos etc) item system is nice but can you give me example for trigger?
There isn't item that can be turn on or off? that would be good on 1 ele type of defense -off 2nd type same for attack if you could please make/show/theory how to...

Status
Not open for further replies.