• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Role Playing Game] Multiplayer or Singleplayer?

Multiplayer or Singleplayer?

• Multiplayer

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Singleplayer

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
if you are able to create a multiplayer map, then i would be glad :p
since multiplayer map is hard to make and requires alot of things (the pain is the save/load systems). the map you make could also be famous in B.Net :goblin_yeah: . playing single is boring(not always but i get bored often :/), playing multiplayer too, but you could make it attractive and get the player's concentration to do something rather than only right-clicking the monster until they dies :p. and multiplayers also should requires team work which would make the game fun to play :goblin_good_job:

Level 10
Compromise, make it two player. This will be easier to code, and also allow to share experience with a friend.
Big 6-12 people RPGs are hard to find testers and balance, so with 2 people you can balance just as well as a SPRPG

Level 9
Compromise, make it two player. This will be easier to code, and also allow to share experience with a friend.
Big 6-12 people RPGs are hard to find testers and balance, so with 2 people you can balance just as well as a SPRPG

Agreed, I think LAN parties do not have any file size restrictions, so I suggest a 2-4 player RPG. ( But I voted for single player, meh. )

Level 11
the votes are tied so i will add one to multiplayer :3

multiplayer
pros
fun to play with friends
can make creative bossfights that requires many player
long gameplay hours

cons
hard to make
hard to balance
spells must be mui
take very long time to make and people often quit halfway as there is no motivation

singleplayer
pros
does not take long time to make
spells does not need to be mui

cons
boring to play after awhile
cant play with friends
most people like to play with other people but cannot hosst the map

redid my review and i still prefer multiplayer because after you make it you feel the joy :3

Level 24
the votes are tied so i will add one to multiplayer :3

multiplayer
pros
fun to play with friends
can make creative bossfights that requires many player
long gameplay hours

cons
hard to make
hard to balance
spells must be mui
take very long time to make and people often quit halfway as there is no motivation

singleplayer
pros
does not take long time to make
spells does not need to be mui

cons
boring to play after awhile
cant play with friends
most people like to play with other people but cannot hosst the map

redid my review and i still prefer multiplayer because after you make it you feel the joy :3
Lies, lies, shit and more shit is how I'd summarize your post.

Singleplayer "does not take long time to make"? Maybe your shitty singleplayer RPGs didn't, but good ones do.

"Spells must be mui", and this is a big factor how?

"Spells does not need to be mui".... Do you even know what MUI means?

Apparently singleplayer is also "boring to play after awhile". Simply because your mental capacity is too limited to enjoy anything more demanding than WoW heroics I'm not surprised you would say this, but it doesn't make your statement any less false.

I could go on, but I've already made my point.

:goblin_boom:

Level 31
I agree with Linaze. Creative boss fights and long gaming hours can be easily done on single player, if it was boring, it is creator's fault, not that it is not multiplayer.

And Linaze, I would loathe you less, if you weren't such a butthole over every post of yours. But I guess you don't care anyway.

Level 24
I agree with Linaze. Creative boss fights and long gaming hours can be easily done on single player, if it was boring, it is creator's fault, not that it is not multiplayer.

And Linaze, I would loathe you less, if you weren't such a butthole over every post of yours. But I guess you don't care anyway.
I'm of the opinion that the emperor should be told he's not wearing any clothes, and because people in general are too comfortable to tell him themselves, I step in and do the job for them.

I'm such a loveable guy, am I not? :ogre_kawaii:

Status
Not open for further replies.