• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Would an online rpg still be worth my while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
So would an online rpg be still worth my time making it, i doubt it will be played as much as an single player RPG. Plus there are so much pro's to a SPRPG that are the con's of a multiplayer map.

It's just that i've been on B.NET the other day and only saw hosting bots hosting crappy games and when i joined a rpg map it took forever for people to join and they would just leave in the end without having the map started.

So, singleplayer rpg it is or what? =p

Level 27
Yeah battle.net is really dead, i still want to make a fun warcraft 3 map once though... but maybe i'll just move on to SC2 and start immediatley by making things with galaxy. It seems to be a lot more in the direction of C# (I know it's more C++), which i've actually learned to write already. (Couldn't get into vJASS, it felt way to different and i already know alot in GUI so...)

Level 19
Creating one in SC2 would be good. I myself have never been to Battle.net. I really dont know why. But if you move to SC2 everything will be new, or maybe Blizzard still kept some GUI or JASS similar stuff in it.
Also couldnt go to vJASS. Wanted to learn but I still wanted to use GUI. Im lazy at typing at programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.