• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lost in an abyss of my MIND!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok im wallowing in self pity here everyone but eh, I cant keep my mind focussed on one project i keep changing my mind on what to make, i started on my starcraft map which is like 43% finished then i started a 3 player Hunting Map bout 2% done, RPG which is like 3% finished and i just started a GTA map and already have changed my mind on what to make...:thumbs_down: Can someone please suggest which i should do.... Not starcraft either, it goes no where and i have no ideas for it either... its just recreating starcraft on warcraft... yes i know lame but eh it occupied me for a while... I'd love to make a full RPG but im just no good at terraining... plus i want lots of differnt terrain areas but can obviously only have so many different terrains.... HELPETH please My friendly online family...:spell_breaker: Oh yeah, btw i decided that before i attempted an epic rpg map i thought i might try a small one so when i finished it ill post it on Hive and please rate....

Level 6
Fuck Starcraft and fuck GTA. Horrible horrible maps, they are.
Also I'd suggest to make somthing you think you're up for. Epic RPG's are rarely finished. They require lots of time, devotion, and skill.

That should narrow it down for you. :)

Level 2
start with a simple idea like a genre then expand on your idea. The map I'm working on now is kinda of like a nation builder. Except Ive thought beyond making a generic nation building in setting, tactics, and random events.

just expand on small but interesting ideas and try to keep them unique. When I say unique I mean the combination of ideas because most systems have been created before in way way or another. What seperates Hae and Castle builder highlands? the combinaiton of ideas.

Level 3
hmm... well, I don't really know what you were planning to do with the hunting map, so maybe you could give some more detail on that? also, rpg's are awesome, and there are probably some terraining tips in the tutorial section... idk though.

Level 4
Well to cover nearly everything i just read... I was refering to duplicating GTA San Andreas into warcraft and making a whole new story with someone other than CJ, the hunting map was just soughta wierd and im not gonna do it (kinda like island troll tribes only more advanced than trolls), what else was there, the SC map i was actually doing well on and hoping i could think of something to change the story around but thats nigh on impossible... Im currently working on an RPG which im doing pretty well on Terrain is about ahhh 40% done and everything else is around 2%.. cept triggers thats at about oh say 0% ive just been experimenting with GUI and getting kinda good at it (Yay!) but yeah the RPG's going well and i plan on finishing this one im hooked on it!!! Finally on track on my first real (Fully Completed) map

Status
Not open for further replies.