• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multi-Wave

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This spell creats a line of light untill exploading into 18 waves 9 of light 9 of water

This is very basic but very easy to understant :3 its easy to import MUI ( well it dsnt eed to be fully MUI but its extremely close or even MUI ) Leakless Basic and easy to modify.

THIS WAS MADE FOR PEOPLE NEW TO TRIGGERING >:p

Updated:
Now the spells interloc looking alot better SFX match instaed of that shity old 1 lol
better screenshot and now has the spell ( do not enable ) without comments making it look alot neater.

LISTEN / IMPORTANT / READ:
This spell is made for newbies or to be eaisly imported into a map yes this does have alot of varibles and can be neatend by arays sadly i cant to that cause this is a look at learn spell :3

Update:
After a looong time i thought i might get something aproved so here it is. ( will change SS when i get full speed )

Removed Imports
Made spell more readable
Made spell look better
Lowered Map Size
Unit Attacked is no longer used.

• MultiWave Iniz
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to MultiWave
    • Actions
      • -------- --------
      • -------- Variables --------
      • -------- --------
      • Set MW_GetTriggerUnit = (Triggering unit)
      • Set MW_GetSpellLevel = (Level of MultiWave for (Triggering unit))
      • Set MW_GetTriggerUnitLoc = (Position of MW_GetTriggerUnit)
      • Set MW_Offset = 400.00
      • Set MW_FaceAngle = (Facing of MW_GetTriggerUnit)
      • Set MW_TargetLoc1 = (MW_GetTriggerUnitLoc offset by MW_Offset towards MW_FaceAngle degrees)
      • -------- --------
      • -------- This is were the Targer/Multiwave dummy unit will be placed to create the fire effect and activate MultiWave Hit --------
      • -------- --------
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Shooter for (Owner of MW_GetTriggerUnit) at MW_GetTriggerUnitLoc facing MW_FaceAngle degrees
      • Set MW_GetShooter = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add a 1.40 second Generic expiration timer to MW_GetShooter
      • Unit - Add Dummy Wave to MW_GetShooter
      • Unit - Set level of Dummy Wave for MW_GetShooter to MW_GetSpellLevel
      • Unit - Order MW_GetShooter to Undead Dreadlord - Carrion Swarm MW_TargetLoc1
      • -------- --------
      • -------- Removing Leaks --------
      • -------- --------
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_MW_GetTriggerUnitLoc )
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_MW_TargetLoc1 )

• MultiWave Hit
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Dummy Wave
    • Actions
      • -------- Setting Variables --------
      • Set MW_GetTriggerUnit = (Triggering unit)
      • Set MW_Offset = 100.00
      • Set MW_Angle = (Facing of MW_GetTriggerUnit)
      • Set MW_CreateDummy = (MW_GetTriggerUnitLoc offset by 200.00 towards MW_Angle degrees)
      • -------- Creating Dummy Unit --------
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Target/Multiwave Shooter for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at MW_CreateDummy facing MW_Angle degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_MW_CreateDummy )
      • Set MW_GetTriggerUnit = (Last created unit)
      • Set MW_Angle = ((Facing of MW_GetTriggerUnit) - 100.00)
      • -------- Refrering to the custom value to get the level of the spell --------
      • Unit - Add ShockWave to MW_GetTriggerUnit
      • Unit - Set the custom value of MW_GetTriggerUnit to (Custom value of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Set level of ShockWave for MW_GetTriggerUnit to (Custom value of MW_GetTriggerUnit)
      • -------- --------
      • -------- Loops --------
      • -------- --------
      • For each (Integer MW_AntiBug) from 1 to 9, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set MW_Angle = (MW_Angle + 20.00)
          • Set MW_TargetLoc2 = (MW_GetTriggerUnitLoc offset by MW_Offset towards MW_Angle degrees)
          • Unit - Make MW_GetTriggerUnit face MW_Angle over 0.00 seconds
          • Unit - Order MW_GetTriggerUnit to Undead Dreadlord - Carrion Swarm MW_TargetLoc2
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_MW_TargetLoc2 )
      • Unit - Remove ShockWave from MW_GetTriggerUnit
      • Set MW_Angle = (MW_Angle + 180.00)
      • Unit - Add DarkWave to MW_GetTriggerUnit
      • Unit - Set level of DarkWave for MW_GetTriggerUnit to (Custom value of MW_GetTriggerUnit)
      • For each (Integer MW_AntiBug) from 1 to 9, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set MW_TargetLoc2 = (MW_GetTriggerUnitLoc offset by MW_Offset towards MW_Angle degrees)
          • Unit - Make MW_GetTriggerUnit face MW_Angle over 0.00 seconds
          • Unit - Order MW_GetTriggerUnit to Undead Dreadlord - Carrion Swarm MW_TargetLoc2
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_MW_TargetLoc2 )
      • Unit - Remove ShockWave from MW_GetTriggerUnit
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to MW_GetTriggerUnit
      • -------- --------
      • -------- --------
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_MW_GetTriggerUnitLoc )

Keywords:
wave, multi, strong, light, water, shock, shockwave, fast, attack, dummy, unit, dummyuniy, light, dark, newb, noob, sfx, easy, :D, :3, Penguin, birdie
Contents

Multi-Wave (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected. 10:10 GMT, 1st Mar 2011 Bribe: Instead of (Triggering unit) over and over, you have your variable MW_GetTriggerUnit ... use that instead as it boosts performance. Still using...

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected.

10:10 GMT, 1st Mar 2011
Bribe:

Instead of (Triggering unit) over and over, you have your variable MW_GetTriggerUnit ... use that instead as it boosts performance.

Still using "Custom value" of units, this needs to use a hashtable or else it will conflict with any other system using custom values.

Rejected until updated.

Level 12
None of the spell effects look any good with eachother... you managed to use 5 effects for the spell and have none of them coordinate with the others. That alone is impressive.

Also the waves don't shoot out at the proper angle. The light waves extend in a conical fashion from the facing angle of the caster, but the water waves go to his left, leaving the entire right area a blindspot.

In short, better effects, fix your angles.

And use a counter instead of a wait.

Level 15
The effects looked horrible. Try alternating the Shockwaves and Crushing Wave effects.
Also, please remove the dummy's classification as a worker, and give its model as "none.mdl", set its selection scale to -1 (shift and click enter to insert negative for this value), this should make it as invisible as possible.

A fairly simple spell, but should be fine for approval.

Level 22
First of all, the idea is kind of off but here we go.

Before triggering I have some points.

The multiwave spell is based on warstomp. Does both damage and stun, just had to remind you that.

Triggering

- Very complex triggering, with that I dont mean that it's very good scripted but it's very very very compressed together use like a dummy comment line around each and every comment like this.

• -------- --------------------------------- --------
  • -------- More readable now or not? :) --------
  • -------- --------------------------------- --------
- I really dislike using facings usally isnt the best to coordinate with.

- Looks a bit slopy, first, a weird wave then KABOOM it all starts.

- Your way of MUIness is ... weird. Cause it seemable that the actions dont collide with each other, tested this with like 20 units at the same time :O btw threw my testing I noticed that you were missing a proper hotkey.

- This line

• Unit - Remove ShockWave from (Triggering unit)
you dont refer to your variable which you were so good and did before and also I see no point with removing the wave at all actually.

same goes with the second loop.

and also, this might not be your fault but doesnt it seem that the one wave travel more the nsecond?

waves problem.jpg

you dont refer to your variable which you were so good and did before and also I see no point with removing the wave at all actually.

same goes with the second loop.

and also, this might not be your fault but doesnt it seem that the one wave travel more the nsecond?

View attachment 65029
I have fixed those bugs now with the updated version :)
i fixed the waves being longer then each other with a dled modle from here
nothing was ever wrong with the hotkey
i didnt see that bug sry (
)

and thankz for pointing those out!

Level 37
Why are you using <Triggering unit> if you set it at the start?

• Set MW_GetSpellLevel = (Level of MultiWave for (Triggering unit))

• Set MW_FaceAngle = (Facing of MW_GetTriggerUnit)
This is not accurate (what happens if you change unit's turn rate?)
Use "Angle between points (In your case caster-targeted point of ability being cast).

• Unit - A unit Is attacked
Bugs.

• Wait 0.30 game-time seconds
Bad.

Loop is instant so set it to 180.

And your triggering is really hard to read, make clearer variables names like Get_Triggering_Unit(Yeah welcome to the GUI :p)
And make it like:
----------------------
-Spell Settings-
---------------------

Meh, seems to be "ok" thou the ingame effect isn't anything spectacular.
Your triggering lacks little things, don't worry practice a bit and you should find your way around really fast ;)

Titania, i made this spell a year ago when i was still a noob. I like my noob heritage and i thought i would just make the spell easier to read, smaller and better looking. I know the spell is nothing special i don't even know if it will get approved ( most likely not :p ). So yah in conclusion the spell is crap and people only dl it cause i'm too lazy to change the screen shot to the new ingame one.