• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MPQ Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
How do I get it to where someone can play maps I make with a MPQ without having to my MPQ file themselves?

Example is how PoC (Power of Corruption) did it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Level 8
I apologize, it was very late when I wrote that.

Let me rephrase it.

I'm making a mod for my cousin and I to play. It's going to change all the races to new and completely custom races. I can't import all the stuff I'm changing, so I'm editing a MPQ (War3Local.mpq) in order to have all the changes we need. However, trying to send him the .mpq file will be impossible because it's going to be very large. So I'd like to know how to get it to where he only needs the map to have all the customs contents.

So yes, pretty much exactly what you just said.

Level 3
As far as I know, that's impossible. In order to play the map(s), he needs to be able to load the resources, which he can't do without the .MPQ, unless you upload them to the maps specifically. I had thought of doing this with my own project, but I think it's easier to do it with the .MPQ. Just give it to him via USB stick or something.

Level 8
Well, I know it's possible because I know of multiple maps that do it, I just don't understand how.

As I said, it's going to be a very large .mpq file, so if someone here can help me I'd prefer not to wait a few hours for it to copy over.

Status
Not open for further replies.