• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Create an extra MPQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi guys!

I wonder if it would be possible to create an extra MPQ and to put it into wc3 directory? I didn't find enough information on the subject, and creating a MPQ could be the key of my current project because the 8MB limit is extremely frustrating... Why not recruiting a MPQ creator for my project (cf signature)!

Thanks in advance!

Level 9
I used the string path. I put the model and its skins in the folder units\critters\skink, so I used the path units\critters\skink\the_model.mdx. But I didn't edit the filelist (I don't really know how to do it in fact ^^). One detail that could help you : when I search the model in the edited MPQ, wc3 Model Editor displays "an unknown error occurs".

Thanks to take time to answer me!

EDIT : the model and its skins are incuded in the listfiles and I changed the path of the skins in order that they fit the MPQ architecture. Still doesn't work...

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
its highly possible. I did it today when helping another person in this thread
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/mpq-importing-245615/

however I dont know about creating a new MPQ

edit: ok there is actually a half-good way to do it.
if you enable local files in JNGP you can create a folder wich contains your models. However you will need to put the skins/textures into the normal mpq :-/

Level 9
So the problem seems to be blp files in my case too. Where could I put them if they aren't accepted in folders, at the root of the MPQ? I'm using war3xlocal.mpq, I suppose that the the problem is the same?

+rep for both of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.