• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Project] Extended MPQ - Resource Creators, take a look please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi.
The idea was basically born on the playdota.com Forum, when a discussion about a mpq for the DotA-Map was started. I tested to put a new model in the war3x.mpq and was able to use it ingame. On a Warcraft 3 Version without the "edited" mpq, the model was of course not shown, but the game did at least not crash.
This lead me to the idea to create a library for Warcraft 3, containing additional Resources, mainly Special Effects, Sounds (+music), Attachements, and icons that can be used from the mpq without giving the guys who play without the extended-mpq a to big drawback.
But for the use in greater map-projects, like rpgs, etc. the mpq is also meant to include doodads, unitmodels, etc.
this would allow to build up maps that are hard or impossible to do atm in cause of the 8 mb limit, while keeping there mapsize still very little (good for the downloadtimes).

I allrdy managed it to build a small tool to add additional resources to the war3x.mpq, but ofc i need res to add-
and this is basically why i'm here:
I would like to ask you for "sponsoring" resources (not to create new one, but giving me the permission to use existing things you created). If we have a good pack, i will release the resources along with the installer (along with it's sourcecode), and a documention that lists all added contents along with the name & notes of the creators.

Credits will be given at the installation of the package and in the documentation.

If you have resources i'm allowed to use, just link them in this thread, or send me a PM.

thanks in advance,
Mumbo-Jumbo

Level 1
@rysnt11:
I would rather not change the existing gamecontent, since in the two forums i did my "surveys" before many people some mad about the blizzard EULA (though those guys doesn't say anything about diabolic wc3 tools).

Btw, your a bit late, This is what the Argos project uses lol

xD have fun though

what, who, where? ^^
Actually i want to make a library for projects rather than making a own map ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.