1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Moving Forward

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Ralle, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Probably not.

Here's why. Like you, he is an elitist. The hive is better than that, or at least we strive to be.

But when an elitist has power, it goes from being 'daww how cute' to 'this is really awful'.

Speaking of not daring to insult older members, perhaps we could take that a step further and state that we should not dare to insult any members? Starting with Crayons, myself and anybody else who you've insulted, eImtoR?

If you apologize, I will let it slide. Because I'm nice.

2. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Apologize? Why don't you apologize for the spam in the pony thread you did along with HFR and somehow remained no negrep no anything else? Or any other time. I don't apologize to such.

Are you saying that DSG was fine removed because he is an elitist? How about when you know nothing about the sc2 section you don't talk. As little as I care, I used it, he was indeed the only one that mass helped everyone with the Editor, does someone pay him to help everyone?

How ungrateful you are, Ralle, that is if you ever intended to have starcraft 2 here. Now I wanna see how this place will progress even the slightest without him helping, you may as well close it. Afdfl im tired of this, do all what you want here.

3. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So I'm to apologize for spamming a spam thread?

Fine, I apologize for that.

4. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The reason why I've always prefered Hive over wc3c is that this place is not elitist. Even if I can now be elitist I don't want to be. I want to be that peon I've always been. So let us be that community where we welcome everyone and be friendly to everyone without looking how much rep, posts or when you have logged first time.

Please.

5. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Very well said :3

As I've heard time and time again, we were all noobs once. Some of use are still noobs. Doesn't matter, though, as it doesn't make us any less important. Doesn't make us any more important, either.

6. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You are now offending everybody who likes the show and unlike all the silly memes do I need to start: Dolan, Troll Science, TAST, some other compleltely stupid MEMEs done on MS Paint. Don't even compare MLP thread with those, the difference is light years. As some called it is 'fandom' a lot of things about it, yes some memes are done too but most of the things are Pony themed content - videos, models, games, not some silly retarded memes. Apology rejected, you show disrespect in the way you call it.

As for elitism, go to see TeamLiquid - you will see what real elitism means. Do you know what's the good of it?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012
  7. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    eImtor I get the feeling you're just arguing for the sake of arguing (and to some extent wazzz and crayons you guys are too). What does any of the things you're saying, aside from you wanting the re-promotion of DSG, have to do with this thread?

8. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What was the thread about, I forgot? No really, I thought it was to talk about the demoted members from which I personally talk about DSG.

9. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Okay, let me point out a little flaw in your argument.

It's stupid.

Extended Version

You say 'don't you dare compare' in this circumstance, but you're comparing me saying something about a thread being 'insulting to everybody who likes the show', which is not in direct correlation, with you openly saying that I deserve to be banned and haven't done anything to earn my reputation.

I could say 'don't you dare compare' those. But I didn't. Instead I apologized for where I went wrong. Which lead to you deciding to reject the apology coupled with more aggression.

To be quite frank, I owe you nothing. I haven't done anything to you, haven't had anything to do with you, other than you deciding to be aggressive to me. But perhaps you don't fully appreciate that. Perhaps you feel you're in the right because your Join Date is smaller than mine.

Well, that's not the case. Elitism doesn't work here.

@GhostThruster: If I was arguing for the sake of arguing, I wouldn't have offered an apology. Simple as that.

10. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ...please guys.

Please stop the arguing. It's just going to get this thread locked.

11. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    What the fuck does elitism have to do with the demotion of staff members?!? Fuck

@derp: I'm just trying to understand WHY THE FUCK THEY ARE ARGUING ABOUT ELITISM. GET BACK ON TOPIC YOU KIDS

12. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ^ The connection is that according to Wazz, DSG was elitist and such and so it was ok to demote him, way to kiss some site owner's ass. Well I say, fuck off, DSG was the only one doing smth in the SC2 section, and I wanna see this place living without him - it will not. And I don't care, I will see this place crumble with pleasure.

But if Ralle decided I went offtopic or smth, then Ralle, ban me. Period. Without drama that place would be boring but I was speaking real things.

13. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Seems I picked the right part of the month to log in!

14. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey you sound like I'm a noob but I'm not a noob. ;D

And to those who post some random pictures, please don't do that anymore. It just doesn't look good and it's not funny.

Challenge, huh?

15. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Because of DSG's demotion.

Not intending this as an insult, but DSG was pretty much, in all senses of the term, an elitist. The reason I deduce this is because, for example, whenever a user got banned and people didn't like it or questioned why, he would put in 'oh that person deserved to get banned'.

Not even in a fashion of 'oh this is why they got banned so they DID deserve it', but more so 'this person is below me, therefore, they deserve a ban'.

Also, more recently, there was a new user who posted a trigger question in the Introductions section. Instead of bothering to explain 'hey, i don't know if you know this, but this is the wrong section. try here instead :3', he went straight to assuming it was for Starcraft 2 (no game was stated, even though the triggers were obviously from Warcraft 3's GUI) and went on to say that that particular user would not have a hope of making a good Starcraft 2 map.

That sort of behavior is not good for a moderator. And that is the definition of elitism. Which is how the topic came about.

16. Mr. Bob

Mr. Bob

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Welcome to the hivepocolypse.

The chaos has only just begun.

17. Pyramidhe@d

Pyramidhe@d

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    umm don? he didnt write each of us the message. he just copy and pasted the same message to everyone. also.

out with a bang? so much respect. you are the hero of this moment.

18. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I am an elitist too this is no reason to demote when you basically get no one else to do the job he did - and DSG did a lot with not getting paid for that. Replying and even doing triggers and stuff on every single thread.

I am an Elitist too so sue me!

As such
    - I hate noobs - those who say everything they are not good at sucks, those who try to improve are not, at least not with that meaning
    - if you promote being lazy and not putting an effort and saying everything that requires an effort 'it sucks' - you are on the wrong planet
    - I hate dumb threads, silly memes and silly jokes because I am an elitist
    - I bash people when they say smth silly - maybe that's why I like DSG, Rui and what we have in common

I love being an elitist and it was wrong to demote people just cause of that.

19. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @wazzz: to be fair, the stuff DSG does that benefits the hive outweighs his bad attitude. Though if he was warned for this kind of behaviour, your case would hold more merit. But as i see it he did his job and that's all a moderator needs to do.

@pyramidhead: when did you resign?!?

EDIT: 4000th post yay

20. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Except DSG took that further to disrespect someone simply asking how to do a trigger and basically tell them that they would be useless, despite the fact they were clearly putting in effort - for something completely unrelated to whatever DSG was talking about. That was the icing on the cake.

Just because someone does work doesn't mean they should be a mod, either. They can do the same work without a moderator's status.

A moderator needs more than just good work, they also need a good attitude, which is where DSG was lacking.

@GhostThruster: Oh yes, he did do a lot of good work from what I hear, but I'm not sure what happened with regards to a 'warning'. I'm sure he had been warned before, but it's not like that's any of our business :p

After all, the question we'd be asking if we're asking that is 'does Ralle know what he's doing?'

And I don't think that's a question any of us want to be caught asking, because I'm fairly sure we'll find out the hard way ;P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.