• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mounting or moving units using custom script coordinates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I remembered seeing a map with a tank mounted with 4 gunners.. I checked and no its not a whole model but instead having 4 gunners mounted on the tank using this custom script.. now i don't know how to start :S if someone could help me that'll be great..

I've lost the reference.. was like months ago

How did this find its way into "Triggers & Scripts"? Moved to "Texturing and Surfacing".

What does a trigger request have to do with texturing?

Edit: might as well answer the question:

• Example Trigger
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.04 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set tank = Some unit #1
      • Set extra_gun[0] = Some unit #2
      • Set extra_gun[1] = Some unit #3
      • Set Point = (Position of tank)
      • Set Point2 = (Point offset by 100.00 towards 0.00 degrees)
      • Custom script: call SetUnitX( udg_extra_gun[0], GetLocationX(udg_Point2) )
      • Custom script: call SetUnitY( udg_extra_gun[0], GetLocationY(udg_Point2) )
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point2)
      • Set Point2 = (Point offset by 100.00 towards 180.00 degrees)
      • Custom script: call SetUnitX( udg_extra_gun[1], GetLocationX(udg_Point2) )
      • Custom script: call SetUnitY( udg_extra_gun[1], GetLocationY(udg_Point2) )
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point2)
Note that the unit variables can be set in a separate trigger. Also, the attached units should have their collision taken away or set to flying or given locust or something similar to avoid problems.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
Yes, wrong forum, misread the post as I thought you were looking for a model. Honest mistake.

But this doesn't belong in "Triggers & Scripts", it belongs in World Editor Help Zone.

Triggers & Scripts
In this forum you may ask for help on fixing a trigger or script. Need help getting started with a trigger? If so, this is not the right place - please use the World Editor Help Zone.

Next time. Glad that this solved your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.