• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mother of all requests- Triggers, Models, Skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Triggers.
- Condition based unit transformations
- About 30 spells -In Progress
- Leader board
- Hero Selection Dialog
- Some researches

Models.
- Some sort of seed model -Fulfilled
- Some ent models -In progress
- 4 different town centers that are gaint trees that can upgrade 3 times
- 4 ent heroes-In Progress

Skins.
- 4 versions of every night elf ancient-Fulfilled
-Fall (maple)
-Summer (oak)
-willow
-swamp
- 4 reskined heroes to look like ents-Substituted

Dont feel the need to fulfill all the requests, but please if you can help feel free to post here. DO NOT PM ME. Go ahead and ask any questions on the maps discusion thread at the URL on my sig.

Last edited:
Ok well as far as spells go,

Spirit Burn
Sets enemies ablaze and deals DOT that siphons mana.

Cover of The Mist
Passive spell that makes units deal more damage and invisible (like dreanei in campaign) during the night.

Quote from the map descussion post:
Heroes --------------- Though in warcraft 3 heroes are already a sort of "evolving unit" this game takes it to a new level. Heroes in this game can attain level 20 and have over 10 separate abilities that each alter the hero drastically. Once you reach level 20 you should only have about 6 of the 10 total spells which means spell selection is a big deal in this game. Spells can do anything from spawning armies to simply changing your attack type. At level 20, depending on your spell selection you get a final aura.
- Aura Of The Thorn
-Mix between thorns and vamp aura
-Aura of The Ancients
-Increases mana heath and speed by 15%
-Aura of Bloodlust
-Increases all damage types by 15% damage
-Aura of Wisdom
-Reveals the entire map

The heroes should also be able to choose one of the following spells but once one is selected the other two disappear...
- Ancient splinters
Changes attack type to ranged piercing and increases damgage delt per level +10
- Iron Wood
Changes attack type to siege and increases health by +150 per a level
- Envenomed thorns
Changes attack type to normal and adds a poison debuff to targets that deals 20 dmg a sec for 5,10,20 sec

And here are some more hero spells that act like regular ones but as you can see from the above quote I want is so you have a total of 6 spells. One is the final aura, one is your damage spell, and the last 4 are one of these 8 spells. It would be nice if you where to find a way to make that work.

-Consume Tree
Eats a tree heals 200,500,1000 hp instantly with a 60 sec cd
- Thorned body
Single person thorns aura deals 10,20,30 damge to attackers
- Forest Walk
Like windwalk but spawns 2 tree gaurdians on attack that have same intervals as spirit wolves
- Ent fire
Simple fireball that jumps and adds a DOT that does 10 damge a sec for 5 10 30 sec
- Call of the Ancients
Summons a permanent level 3 ent depending on your race
- Flash Growth
Puts a barrier in selected area with the aoe thing where you want it to go (like blizzard) made of bushes with 200 300 500 health
- Charge
Charges the enemy allowing the hero to charge through obstables and stun the enemy for 3 6 8 seconds
- Entangling Roots
AOE entangling roots that roots for 3 5 8 seconds

That should be enough for now, post here if you have any ideas.

Last edited:
Kkk good.

Now I need a cinematic... here is the scene breakdown

1) View Of an old mountain, night sky and such
2) Camera Moves up the mountain slowly and you can see that the forest has been ravaged by war...
3) You see an Old Treant Sage (keeper of lore model) at the top of the moutain and he turns around to look at the forest...
4) You see an army of willow ents marching through the forest at an army of oak ents (3v3)
5) As they march trees fall and the forest sets ablaze and It starts to rain
6) Shows the battle and some individual models attacking eachother...
7) Shows the Sage ontop of the burning moutain
8) Sage dies
9) All the ents catch fire and die as the whole forest burns...
10) Camera goes though the forest until it gets to this glowing egg (skull of gul'dan) It hatches and an ent comes out
11) Fades black and In big green letters it says: Ent Seed... Coming Soon

Last edited:
Level 6
Ezikielth i can do your cinematic no problem. (i'm a really bad terrainer so it might be better to find someone more competent) but i can do the rest.
It's supposed to be a traile right? Do you have a file size you don't want to go over?
(how soon do you need it done btw? I'm kinda busy atm as u know but we can sort things out)

Level 17
Its being used for willow

Hero or regular unit. I suppose I could give it glow if necessary. That's why I ask. but as I said, it has neither root nor eat tree animations... And I'm not sure how to successfully do an anim transfer. - I suppose I could try anyways.

And for the heroes, if i base them on a non-ent unit it wont have those same anims the other is lacking. I suppose you/we could always ask chriz if he could do it, but I don't know if he'd agree.

Last edited:
Level 17
It would be good if I could somehow get them dissipate, eat tree, and a spell cast for all of them though. I've come up with a few ideas, and most of them are coming from non-hero units. I'll see about an anim transfer though.

Do you need the new Heroes to use existing textures, or is a new texture fine?

Last edited:
Level 17
I dont need eat tree, Look at the hero spell list,
Existing would be nice but some textures are being changed

Eat Tree is in there. But most of the others would work with a regular spell anim.

So is there just goint to be 1 hero per team? or 2: 1 model, and one skin?

And if you could give samples of what the skins for each army SHOULD look like (if they've followed a theme) it would help as it would give me an Idea of how to make them look.

If you only need a Total of 4 heroes, I have some models in mind that would work.

I assume they can be drastically different per army?

Shots of how each army should look would be a big help though. Like leaf quantity and skin and such. If all of that is undecided I could come up with concept art for it.

Last edited:
1 Hero per a race it spawns when you build your town hall and then if it dies its on a timer and will spawn randomly at one of the stones of revival.

Ok

Willow- Tree of Life (you already did that)
Swamp- Dead Tree, Like the notherend tree wall
Maple- You can see so far what it is I posted there ents, basically ancient of lore (fall)
Oak- Ancient Protector, Ancient of War, Ancient of Wind

Level 17
1 Hero per a race it spawns when you build your town hall and then if it dies its on a timer and will spawn randomly at one of the stones of revival.

Ok

Willow- Tree of Life (you already did that)
Swamp- Dead Tree, Like the notherend tree wall
Maple- You can see so far what it is I posted there ents, basically ancient of lore (fall)
Oak- Ancient Protector, Ancient of War, Ancient of Wind

Perhaps maybe there should be 3 Base Heroes (One per Main Stat) Modified by race (so swamp has less leaves, etc.)

It would also be cool if every race had its own form of blight. So the death ones use standard blight, Autumn Makes the area like autumn, Willow makes everything swampy, etc.

I can just make the 3 models for now, but I think I could do better than the one I already did for mapleWillow. I think that would make a better base unit, honestly.

I also think having the different stat based heroes would be cool (making it 3 heroes per.) - More work, but I'll just make the 3 for now, and if you like the idea we can go with it.

I love the timer Idea, that is awesome. - what happens if youre killed before the timer goes off?

I took screenshots of all the WoW-ey treant things. I'll put them up and you can tell me which styles fit your concepts in what ways. :) (After class)

And once I have heroes done I have a bunch of ideas for normal units too. :)

I like this project. it seems fun. :)

I'd like to make a spin off project of this maybe once it's done.

Last edited:
Wait what... ok its a multiplier thing. Heroes are going to be a very very powerful unit in this game so if your hero is out you can and prob will get pwned.
Its a thing that since heroes can go to lv 20 it will be lv x7 sec so a lv 10 hero will be out for 1 min and 10 sec. And as far as 3 dif kinds of heroes go it will be that way, When you make your hero you choose your attack type and primary will determined by race. So we really only need 4 dif heroes and btw the purple one you already made is willow not maple.

Level 17
Wait what... ok its a multiplier thing. Heroes are going to be a very very powerful unit in this game so if your hero is out you can and prob will get pwned.
Its a thing that since heroes can go to lv 20 it will be lv x7 sec so a lv 10 hero will be out for 1 min and 10 sec. And as far as 3 dif kinds of heroes go it will be that way, When you make your hero you choose your attack type and primary will determined by race. So we really only need 4 dif heroes and btw the purple one you already made is willow not maple.

There are 4 races and 3 primary stats though.

I didn't mean to allow multiple heroes, I meant allowing the main attack type to be chosen before the match starts in addition to which race. So you still only GET one, but every race would have 3 possible stat builds, and the stat builds would be recognizable by model.

I understand that youre saying the purple one I made is Willow (which is actually what I meant it was a slip of the mind.

What do you mean choose attack type.

And if there are notr going to be choices by way of main stat regardless of race, it would be helpful to know which races will use which stat, because The model I make will likely reflect that, as well as reflecting the type of tree.

I have some really rough sketches of different treents and what I would base them on. Some are fast heroes, some strong, and so far, one is wise.

And I still think I could come up with a better ent hero for Willow that the Ancient Warrior I made. I see that as more of a shock troop - Moves fast, hits hard, not cheap. (Like tauren for orcs). That's just me though.

As it's all ents I assume gold would not be used (I think it would be quite cool if it wasn't, and something else was used instead of lumber and gold) You could just do an age thing and do like a "value by time" thing, or maybe make hte resource be water? Using water as the resource (Since theyre plants) would be really cool.

Here are the WoW ents (easily accessible) and I categorized them into the type of ent they would seem to be, sortof as a guide. This about right?

Attachments

• Concepts for Ent Seed.jpg
    Concepts for Ent Seed.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 4,268
Level 17
- Ok we will make the primary stat selectable, however we will only have 4 hero models

-See the post about heroes earlier in this thread (pg 1) for info on the selectable attack type

-Wow ents are right on

- Resouses are Global kills and Spirit.

Any information on how one acquires these?

Global kills - anyone makes a kill anywhere and everyone gets 1 kill?

4 hero models. Ok then the one I'm working on now would be an option for one then. It's based on the pitlord. So far its a big WIP, and doesn't look too much like an ent. It has the tail removed and the wings are gone. those are the biggest changes.

Level 17
I dont think he needs any skins dude. if you look at the main page he says theyre done. I think he's doing/has done all those himself.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

Course, you could do it anyways, and if its any good it might get used instead of what he has if its better, or you may do one he hasn't done. Go for it anyways and see what happens. :p

@ Darkholme - Global kills are the amount of kills your entire team (as in you not your allys) has amassed, I say this because there are certain other requirements for ents to level. I havent put too much thought into it but it goes something like. Swamp levels per a hero kill, Oak and Maple per a unit kill, and willow levels from a mix between hero, unit and rooted ent/building kill (they get less from unit but more from building). Spirit works based on income from spirit trees, more trees you have the more spirit you get but the trees take up food (will be called Life force In game not food). As far as your wip goes, make it use a dead tree for a weapon and give it the face of a tree of life, also make it look like dieing trees are growing out of it, if you havent guessed yet its for swamp.

@ Ike_Ike -
Me and THE_END are doing it and I dont think you can compete with him, no offense to you of course. And If you feel the need to skin, I suppose If its G-G-Great! then I might use it.

Level 17
@ Darkholme - As far as your wip goes, make it use a dead tree for a weapon and give it the face of a tree of life, also make it look like dieing trees are growing out of it, if you havent guessed yet its for swamp.

I was actually skinning it from scratch overtop of Mannoroth (and doing model edits). Dead tree works, I hadn't figured out what I was going to give him for a weapon, but I has also started making it as an oak unit. It doesn't really look evil without the wings/tail, it looks like a big thing with 4 legs. I can make it a swamp hero though.

For maple I was thinking a caster but if they are hit and run, what would you think about an illidan based hero? He runs fast. I was thinking like a Warhammer Dryad a bit. but also like a magic card from lorwyn.

Like this but more streamlined http://uo.stratics.com/content/ml/images/creatures/dryad.jpg
thishttp://resources.wizards.com/Magic/Cards/LRW/EN/Card141822.jpg

So the maple hero would be female.

@ Ike_Ike -
Me and THE_END are doing it and I dont think you can compete with him, no offense to you of course. And If you feel the need to skin, I suppose If its G-G-Great! then I might use it.

And I'd like to note that I believe myself to be capable of skinning on par with you guys. I know you didn't say that I couldn't but I still want to make sure that's clear :p

There are better modelers but I think im pretty damn good at skinning. I'm getting to be alright at modeling too though. I just need to figure out max instead of using vertexmodify and mc3modeledit, cause there is so much more I could do in max.

Level 17
Yea and a big robe of leaves, base it off sorceress and dryad and ancient of lore... sort of a mix

that is umm. absolutely nothing like what I just described. lol.

I meant a female model based on the illidan model (from which it will get the animations) with nothing like clothes. I'm going to stop describing stuff and from now on I will just put up screenshots and sketches. cause apparently I'm not easy to understand :\

I'd like to not that varying the actual power based on race and doing a 2e D&D leveling thing where you level differently by "class" is a really really bad idea. It makes the game WAY harder to balance, and irritates people when they try playing another class and even the RULES of the gameplay are different.

And I can do triggers and GUI stuff, but I don't really know much jass. I've done other programming, and other scripting languages, just not jass.

-------------------------------

Also, If you know what you want then tell me all of it in advance about the modeling, if you don't know what you want it to look like you should really just leave it to me, cause it's annoying to have to redo stuff because you give me directions After I have done work in a different direction. So if you know what you want the heroes to be, tell me now before I do anything for them.

Last edited:
Level 15
Ezikielth i am sooo sorry... Tomorrow i'm out of here for 15 days and i completely forgot about the vacation XD I won't have my computer where i'm going so i won't be able to finish your spell pack. If you can wait for 15 days, i'll have it then but if you're in a hurry, i'm sorry to say that i can't help you.

Level 17
Here's some stuff I worked on while I was waiting for your response. its still a WIP and it WILL be a bit better but here it is for now.

They're skins for the ents. Maple Variety.

I know The End is doing skins At the moment but I wanted to use them personally so I did them myself.

Attachments

• reskin.jpg
    reskin.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 145
Level 17
Well, I intend to make 4 skins for each of the 7 types of ents. One skin for each team. I also intend to make skins for a number of non-ent models. (On top of doing actual model changes). Whether they get used or not is up to you. If you don't use them, I'll still have them for myself, and I can use them :).

Last edited:
Level 17
Oh ok, Hrm hows the pitlord coming?

Actually I didnt work on it today. I haven't worked on ent seed since before you posted the one after I asked about the pitlord.

-------------------------------------------------
I have a thought for EntSeed. You don't need to make it 4 armies. it could be any number you want (4 is fine, im just saying)

Make all players be nightelves. (The ui fits best, and the wisp is the builder).
Then give them a builder unit that can build the main building from [color="yellow]"any of the four races[/color] (its upgraded into the building).[/color]

[color="Red"]Nobody knows what the other players will pick, and if we ever come up with a sweet idea for a 5th race, we aren't restrained by the preselect menu before game!

I came up with that while messing around with EntSeed Stuff yesterday in the WE. I made a unit that upgraded into the heroes instead of building them, just to see if it worked. and it does.

So, Layout: Match start - Spawn an ent - it builds any of the 4 race buildings. Upon completion, a new ent is spawned (this one lets you pick your stat based hero).

And I'm gonna go to bed. Laters
[Edit] - Last second statement: I can do the triggers.

Level 17
OK. heroes, units and abilities? For Abilities I mean the stuff that doesn't involve scripts and triggers.

Also can We see a couple screenshots of terrain and the map preview?

Thirdly. You say triggers need to be done. What are the triggers supposed to do? Spawning the starting units and such? as I said, I can do triggering, and if there's something I don't know how to do I can figure it out.

Lol there is alot more than race selection that needs to be done:

Race selection - Starting unit (Seed Of Rebirth) has 4 spells each change it into a maple/swamp/willow/oak sprout

Hero Creation
- When the main base is built the hero is made.

Hero Resurrection - When a hero dies it takes 5 sec x the number of level a hero has for it to resurrect randomly at one of the 4 stones of rebirth. They are located NW SW NE SE

Ent leveling
- When certain requirements are made a unit will level to its higher form (Different for every race, see the map thread)

Command Points
- When your posses the only units in a zone near a command stone your get the command stone and its global aura, there are 4 command stones, N S E W.

Victory Conditions
- When your town hall is destroyed

Leader Board - Shows all your current ents and how much until they level
ex:

||||||||||||

Income trigger - Ever 10 sec, for every spirit tree you own add 5 spirit.

Hints - General gameplay tid-bits that show every 30 sec, make like 20 of them

Quests - How to play, Objective

Hero Spell Trigger - Depending on your hero's race or selected spells give your hero one of the final auras ( You can pick w/e is easier to set up)

There are probably more, all I can think of for now

Attached the blank terrain map to the post, edit as you like.

Attachments

• EntSeed.01a.w3x
    317.4 KB · Views: 86
Status
Not open for further replies.