• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mother of all requests- Triggers, Models, Skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Lol there is alot more than race selection that needs to be done:

Race selection - Starting unit (Seed Of Rebirth) has 4 spells each change it into a maple/swamp/willow/oak sprout Done

Hero Creation
- When the main base is built the hero is made.

Hero Resurrection - When a hero dies it takes 5 sec x the number of level a hero has for it to resurrect randomly at one of the 4 stones of rebirth. They are located NW SW NE SE

Ent leveling
- When certain requirements are made a unit will level to its higher form (Different for every race, see the map thread)

Command Points
- When your posses the only units in a zone near a command stone your get the command stone and its global aura, there are 4 command stones, N S E W.

Victory Conditions
- When your town hall is destroyed

Leader Board - Shows all your current ents and how much until they level
ex:

||||||||||||

Income trigger - Ever 10 sec, for every spirit tree you own add 5 spirit.

Hints - General gameplay tid-bits that show every 30 sec, make like 20 of them

Quests - How to play, Objective

Hero Spell Trigger - Depending on your hero's race or selected spells give your hero one of the final auras ( You can pick w/e is easier to set up)

Yeah we need a trigger-er
Umm... no we don't :p That's why I've been asking what you were looking for.

I'd like to note this would have been easier if you had already made the units. No matter, I'm making the preliminaries right now. Presently all 4 armies will be identical, but still separate, then we can change them as necessary afterwards.

Level 17
Oki lol you sure you can do it all dark?

I'm sure I can do most of it. And what I can't do I'll look up. And if Looking it up fails, then I will ask for help. :)

And if you could give me more details about the unit structure it would be incredibly useful.

Are there general workers? what can they do? Do they work like wisps basically?

Is there only one real unit per army and it just upgrades based on its kills and stuff? or are there a few types per army and all upgrade along different paths?

Level 17
Lol kk, I dont know what to do know...

Give me a more detailed army breakdown. Do it like point form text

----Seed of Rebirth
--------Sprout1
------------Ancient Tree
--------Sprout2
------------Ancient Tree
--------Sprout3
------------Ancient Tree
--------Sprout4
------------Ancient Tree... etc, and then

Sprout1:Detailed information about what this unit does, what types of attacks it uses, if possible a comparable wc3 unit, etc

I'd like to note in advance, that I think having the units evolve based on different criteria depending on the army will make them virtually impossible to balance.

And you could always work on the terrain more.

What is the End working on?

Oh as for triggers, Our Spell guy could probably help me if I get stuck, conisidering most of the more complicated spells are done through ui triggers and jass.

Yeah Ill work on terrain more its just an outline but terrain isnt urgent, I need some more doodads.

Breakdown---

-Seed Of Rebirth
--Maple Sprout
---Maple Ancient
----Hero
----Wisp

-----Maple Protector(Tower)
-----Tree Of Spirits
------Spirit lv1
-------Spirit lv2
--------Spirit lv3
-----Ent lv1
------Ent lv2
-------Ent lv3
-----Tree Of Knowledge
------Researches
--Willow Sprout
---Willow Ancient
----Hero
----Wisp

-----Willow Protector(Tower)
-----Tree Of Spirits
------Spirit lv1
-------Spirit lv2
--------Spirit lv3
-----Ent lv1
------Ent lv2
-------Ent lv3
-----Tree Of Knowledge
------Researches
--Oak Sprout
---Oak Ancient
----Hero
----Wisp

-----Oaken Protector(Tower)
-----Tree Of Spirits
------Spirit lv1
-------Spirit lv2
--------Spirit lv3
-----Ent lv1
------Ent lv2
-------Ent lv3
-----Tree Of Knowledge
------Researches
--Swamp Sprout
---Swamp Ancient
----Hero
----Wisp

-----Swamp Protector(Tower)
-----Tree Of Spirits
------Spirit lv1
-------Spirit lv2
--------Spirit lv3
-----Ent lv1
------Ent lv2
-------Ent lv3
-----Tree Of Knowledge
------Researches

... My fingers hurt :(
Btw, wisps die when they transform

Level 17
UPDATE IN TRIGGERS
Race selection - Starting unit (Seed Of Rebirth) has 4 spells each change it into a maple/swamp/willow/oak sprout Done

Hero Creation - When the main base is built the hero is made. Done

Hero Resurrection - When a hero dies it takes 5 sec x the number of level a hero has for it to resurrect randomly at one of the 4 stones of rebirth. They are located NW SW NE SE

Ent leveling
- When certain requirements are made a unit will level to its higher form (Different for every race, see the map thread)

Command Points
- When your posses the only units in a zone near a command stone your get the command stone and its global aura, there are 4 command stones, N S E W.

Victory Conditions

ex:

||||||||||||

Income trigger - Ever 10 sec, for every spirit tree you own add 5 spirit.

Hero Spell Trigger - Depending on your hero's race or selected spells give your hero one of the final auras ( You can pick w/e is easier to set up)

Level 17
Yur doing the easy ones :p lol... jk jk keep up the good work also for the command stones, make the auras like +5 damage +100 hp +100 mana +10 speed nothing big

Of course I'm starting with the easy ones :p

So the Wisps. they can only build towers and Spirit Trees?

What Builds actual units? Ent 1, 2, 3, and Spirit 1, 2, 3.

Also. If spirit trees are the source of spirit (which is like currency), How does one pay to build spirit trees. If they're free, then you can just make as many as you want.

Level 17
- Wisps build Ent lv1, Spirit Tree (Upgrades to Spirit lv 1), Protector, Research Center

- Spirit Trees Cost Life Force (aka food)

So.. Everything costs food. Does anything make food? or is it just a *start at 20, stay at 20* thing?

And what is spirit level 1. is it a unit like ent 1, or a building. How is it different from a spirit tree?

Level 17
start stay,

Hero doesnt cost food and main base doesnt cost food and research center doesnt cost food and towers dont cost food

What do towers and wisps cost?

Like. Main base=free
Hero=free
wisp and tower and research center - how do you pay for them
other stuff, how much food each and if any other stuff how much?

ent 1,2,3
spirit 1,2,3
spirit tree?

Level 17
Wisp - 20 spirit
Reasearch Center - 50 spirit
Protector - 100 spirit (about as strong as a lv 1 ent with range that cant more and doesnt cost anything)
Ent 1 - 50 spirit
Ent 2 - Racial
Ent 3 - Racial
Spirit Tree - Free (2 food)
Spirit1 - 50 Spirit
Spirit2 - 100 Spirit
Spirit3 - 150 Spirit

Ent 1 - 50 spirit - Use food?
Ent 2 - Racial - Use food?
Ent 3 - Racial - Use food?
Spirit Tree - Free (2 food)
Spirit1 - 50 Spirit - Use food?
Spirit2 - 100 Spirit - Use food?
Spirit3 - 150 Spirit - Use food?

And do the spirit 123, what are they? Buildings? Caster Units (That would be my guess but you haven't described them very clearly)

Spirits and ents both cost 2 food

Spirits are the other side of an army for example, Willow ents are a slow siege race. They cant move quickly and find it impossible to retreat, however willow spirits are nimble fighters with blink. In other words they mend a teams weaknesses or sometimes improve their strengths.

Willow Spirits - Blink melee with high damage and low hp

Oak Spirits - Buffers (like shaman)

Maple Spirits - Fast moving unit disable-ers (raider w/ ensnare)

Swamp Spirits - Massive siege beasts (steam tanks)

* Words in parentheses are their WC3 equiv

Level 17
Spirits and ents both cost 2 food

Spirits are the other side of an army for example, Willow ents are a slow siege race. They cant move quickly and find it impossible to retreat, however willow spirits are nimble fighters with blink. In other words they mend a teams weaknesses or sometimes improve their strengths.

Willow Spirits - Blink melee with high damage and low hp

Oak Spirits - Buffers (like shaman)

Maple Spirits - Fast moving unit disable-ers (raider w/ ensnare)

Swamp Spirits - Massive siege beasts (steam tanks)

* Words in parentheses are their WC3 equiv

With a max food cap of 20. That means you can only ever have 10 things built. Thats units & money producers together. You know that means you can only have really tiny numbers right?

Do Spirit Trees turn INTO units or build them? and how can they have different spirit costs for the different levels if they all start at level 1? or is it a global levelling process, not each one but the whole army leveling?

And for hero spawning. Would it not make sense for heroes to spawn by their own base, both from a gameplay standpoint and from a tree standpoint, I mean, that's where all the seeds from the same plant family are right? Just an Idea (I'll do it the other way first)

Wouldn't it be cool to build resurrection stones?so you spawn randomly at a resurrection stone you paid for?

Level 17
UPDATE IN TRIGGERS

Hero Creation - When the main base is built the hero is made. Done

Hero Resurrection - When a hero dies it takes 5 sec x the number of level a hero has for it to resurrect randomly at one of the 4 stones of rebirth. They are located NW SW NE SEDone - Doesn't have a timer to show WHEN it will revive yet though.

Ent leveling - When certain requirements are made a unit will level to its higher form (Different for every race, see the map thread)

Command Points

Victory Conditions

ex:

||||||||||||

Income trigger - Ever 10 sec, for every spirit tree you own add 5 spirit.Done - Presently just checks if you own them though, so it counts buildings in construction. Will tweak later.

I have an idea I think might make the gameplay more interesting. Well 4 of them really, which could be implemented separately.

Photosynthesis
Instead of using kills and spirit trees, make it a bit different.
Use minerals instead of kills. Minerals are calculated over time like spirit trees and water, but count all your immobile units (buildings). They don't just look at the number of units, they also take into account the territory from which the trees can draw minerals from. So yes you want to have lots of buildings, but if you put them too close together they stop being helpful for minerals, and you should space them out more. This encourages spreading out your units, which in turn becomes like a "possess the entire map."

Replace Spirit with water. Works essentially the same way, with the exception that they have to be built in water. Makes people want to be around rivers, which makes more conflict. And instead of trees, they would just be rooted treants, let's call them roots. (the roots would have no leaves to be easily differentiated). Theoretically we could make the roots be buildable anywhere, but make them just count towards minerals if not in the water. You could make things NOT built in the water provide water too, but at a much slower rate.

In addition to this, we don't use food at all. Instead, the buildings constantly draw from your water. constructing a building or unit takes water and minerals, and after they are built, they continue to take in water(at a slower rate). So you need a steady flow of water from your roots because you need them for all of your units. If you have 0 water, the units start taking damage when the interval hits that they need water (small amounts of damage). Of course, the exception to this would be buildings built IN water, which would not take up any extra water. The time alloted water wouldn't be a large amount, however, when a caster or hero regenerates mana, they're actually absorbing water. That's right, water and mana would be equivalent. Which means anything with mana, should have the ability to dump all of their mana and give you that much water. Then as their mana slowly regenerates they slowly suck it up again. Mana potions could cost exactly how much water they take and convert into mana. Hit Point regeneration draws equal proportions of water and minerals, so 10hp when regenerated, costs 5 water and 5 minerals.

So you need to balance the minerals and water taken in with the amount needed to sustain your forest. And you slowly grow, instead of staying at about a skirmish size in terms of number of units.

Time Makes Trees Tall
When your hero spawns, you said it has a time limit right? after that time limit it dies? like a summoned unit? My idea for this, is right before the end of a cycle, the hero gains some amount of XP. They only gain this XP if they live through a whole cycle though.

This could also be extended into making units and buildings bigger over time after they are made, having the heroes start small after each revive and scaling up to their max size for the level over the duration and making buildings get tougher based on how long theyve been around and make them consume more resources per second potentially.

Nature's Cycle Renews Itself
Instead of the match ending when your main tree is destroyed, it ends when all your buildings are destroyed, like in a regular melee. When your main tree is destroyed, a root you have placed turns into a seed of rebirth. Which root turns into the seed would be random, so theoretically it could be anywhere on the map.

Nature is unpredictable
Instead of the heroes spawning at one of 4 points, maybe they could spawn anywhere in your territory (like what's used for minerals), or even anywhere on the map. This could be interesting too.

None of these ideas HAVE to be implemented, but they're Ideas I thought would be cool to see. Theoretically, we could do all of them. Just have a menu pop up before the match starts where the host picks the options to turn on, then just use global variables to detemine which set of rules to play with.

Last edited:
Minerals and Spirit - Looking at the idea of kills, I realize that that would not had been a good resource however minerals sound like much to advanced of a resource and would create a giant learning curve. So rather than that we could do spirit, Spirit is like lumber and would be generated from trees, would work like lumber in the respect that its for building and researches. Spirit would be our main resource.

Water Water Everywhere But not a Drop to Root -
Water also sounds like a fun concept but the building in water Idea just doesnt sound resonable, I believe it should work like the old spirit but rather than from spirit trees be collected from roots. Due to the fact that roots are replacing spirit trees Im thinking spirits will be constucted by wisps rather than ents. Spirits wont use water, but ents and every building (other than tree of life and roots) will Im thinking 1 water per a second, per a root and units/buildings use 2 water per a second. Also the tree of life will naturally generate 6 water a second. As far as water death Im thinking 10hp a second.

Even Trees need food! - Food is there as a game check or restriction, The reason I want it to be implemented is to cut down on massive battles as well as create a balance strategy. Perhaps 20 food is a little harsh though. The revised food count will be 25 and use the same rules posted earlier

Heroes? You still don't get it - Ok, I don't think you quite understand what I meant about heroes on a timer I meant: You build a base and get a hero and there the hero is, then If the hero dies, it goes on a time for a random resurrection at a stone of rebirth. I didn't mean for it to just flat out die every 5 min for no reason, Sorry for the misunderstanding. As far as the location of the rebirth, I want it at 4 stones so that they become important locations to secure.

It's Baaaack!! - The Idea of Rebirth Sounds Great. But rather than the root turning into a seed, it could turn into the Tree of Life instead, If it turns to a seed it would allow multiple races :p.

People have Enough Spice in their Game - With Strategic points, Stones Of Rebirth and water people will have enough to worry about so I really think that the mechanics are pretty well laid now and we shouldnt tamper further.

Level 17
Minerals and Spirit - Looking at the idea of kills, I realize that that would not had been a good resource however minerals sound like much to advanced of a resource and would create a giant learning curve. So rather than that we could do spirit, Spirit is like lumber and would be generated from trees, would work like lumber in the respect that its for building and researches. Spirit would be our main resource.
So its just like a wisp target trees thing like lumber? I suppose it would work, but I like my idea with a giant learning curve. When we finish the map I want to put it in as an optional button clicky menu[simple resources or hard resources](so I can play with it with my buddies, and confuse them with how different the gameplay becomes, plus it sounds like it would be fun)

Water Water Everywhere But not a Drop to Root -
Water also sounds like a fun concept but the building in water Idea just doesnt sound resonable, I believe it should work like the old spirit but rather than from spirit trees be collected from roots. Due to the fact that roots are replacing spirit trees Im thinking spirits will be constucted by wisps rather than ents. Spirits wont use water, but ents and every building (other than tree of life and roots) will Im thinking 1 water per a second, per a root and units/buildings use 2 water per a second. Also the tree of life will naturally generate 6 water a second. As far as water death Im thinking 10hp a second.
Yay my water Idea took@! Again, I want to add the complicated option once everything else is done. Would having both options be ok?

Even Trees need food! - Food is there as a game check or restriction, The reason I want it to be implemented is to cut down on massive battles as well as create a balance strategy. Perhaps 20 food is a little harsh though. The revised food count will be 25 and use the same rules posted earlier
Roots won't take food will they? cause I think that would be ridiculous.

Heroes? You still don't get it - Ok, I don't think you quite understand what I meant about heroes on a timer I meant: You build a base and get a hero and there the hero is, then If the hero dies, it goes on a time for a random resurrection at a stone of rebirth. I didn't mean for it to just flat out die every 5 min for no reason, Sorry for the misunderstanding.
I was under the impression you meant both, which I thought was nifty. I was thinking it would be cool to extend it to all units. Sortof a life cycle thing. And if they lasted the whole cycle without dying, then they respawn (instantly).

As far as the location of the rebirth, I want it at 4 stones so that they become important locations to secure.
Gotcha. Makes sense I guess. :)

It's Baaaack!! - The Idea of Rebirth Sounds Great. But rather than the root turning into a seed, it could turn into the Tree of Life instead, If it turns to a seed it would allow multiple races :p.
Scratch seed. I meant sprout. So they still just get the main building, but they can pick where they put it.

People have Enough Spice in their Game - With Strategic points, Stones Of Rebirth and water people will have enough to worry about so I really think that the mechanics are pretty well laid now and we shouldnt tamper further.
Spice in the game. yes. I'd like to put the expert resources as an option when we finish the map though, and then just have a 1 button click on map start for Normal or Expert Mode.

I like the idea of not killcounting. Thats something that I think only works in an AoS. For Heroes only. I think how the ents and spirits level should be tweaked to be standard across the races though. otherwise itll be too hard to balance power.

Expert Mode?! Wtf Ima nub! *clicks Normal* - Ok we can work on the expert mode but lets put the normal mode together 1st because people arnt going to play their first game and go ZOMG IMA XPART!!1!!!11!!

A kill is A kill, even if you're an ent - Fine here are the new kill rules...
-5th kill within 500 yards (I think its in yards), lv2
-15th kill within 500 yards, lv3
I still would like a personal scoreboard with all your ents otherwise it would be impossible to keep track
Spirits will probably be the same or cost spirits im not sure yet. Give me your opinion.

Life Cycle, Lion King? - Anyways, the Life cycle idea in theory sounds good but this it just extra triggering and doesn't seem necessary and say you are in a battle and your life cycle finishes, that would piss people off.

Thar Be Wisps In Dem Hills - Yes we will do spirit like NE lumber and after the game is done you can have your damn x-part resources so you can confuse the shit out of your damn nub friends lol.

Level 17
Personally I don't plan on worrying about scoreboards for a while. like. probably when I'm just about done all the other triggers. Also, while I'm working on triggers, I'm doing skins. I'll do models too as originally planned, but I don't think it will be until the triggers are completed.

Maybe I'll have scoreboards you can turn off and on, maybe I won't. Personally I think just having 1 would be better, then you don't expect the players to memorize text commands.

Right now I'm doing the skeletons of the tech trees, as they're needed for some of the triggers, at this point the units are comprised of recolored ents and such. its coming along ok. and some of the recolors look pretty sweet. I have 3 trees of life done, and 3 Ancients of Lore. 2 Protectors, 2 War. 2 Ents. (I'm counting the ones that were unchanged).

Nice and Im working on icons...

Attachments

• BarkIconlv1.jpg
    BarkIconlv1.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 246
  • Barkiconlv2.jpg
    Barkiconlv2.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 217
  • Barkiconlv3.jpg
    Barkiconlv3.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 253
Level 17
Nice and Im working on icons...

Sweet. Whats that one gonna be for. an upgrade for armor or something?

Here are the Units I did some quick skins for.
Mostly recolor, but I'm not actually submitting them as skins or anything, and they should be similar, so that really doesn't matter

attachment.php

attachment.php

I think you should put a link to this page from the main EntSeed Page. shouldn't you? Also, once the mechanics are finished, we need some people to play it and then we need a melee AI that will work with it.

Attachments

• entseed tols.jpg
    entseed tols.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 473
  • EntSeed Units.jpg
    EntSeed Units.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:
Level 17
Looks good, I dont think that we need to link it... Im updating it whenever something is complete. And yea thats an armor upgrade.

Working on unit initialization. Caught a little snag, We'll see what I get for a solution.

Also. Don't mix the plant doodads in with the dense forest, just put them on the outside. You can't see the plants, and they just take up unnecessary space from our 4 meg.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Unit Initialization works, and So does TreeofLife Respawning.

Last edited:
Level 17
Good job, what about plants?

Plant Doodads. Don't put them all throughout the forest. It's more realistic yes, but you can't see them anyways, so they're just wasting space. If they are surrounded by trees on all sides they shouldn't be there.

I have water production working, now I'm working on water consumption.

---------------------

GAH!

There is a stupid bug I have now. It randomly builds a maple tree of life when its not supposed to (the tol doesnt even spawn at your starting spot) Gold is locked at 0, and gold production never seems to actually happen...

However, I'm fed up and going to bed. I'll try to figure it out tomorrow.

Level 17
I've been working on signature Icons today. I have 2. 1 for EntSeed, and one for Keeper.

If you're working on the project, feel free to use the signature

I have them in 3 sizes, which do you guys like better?
Fullsize only works if its the only one you've got.

----Sig 1.
My Projects
----Sig 2.
My Projects
----Sig 3.
My Projects

Level 17
Working on EntSeed and Keeper instead of Studying. Oh. Keeper. I spawned a project by accident while looking for help on a script issue I was having for EntSeed. lol.

I was looking for help on how to make heroes get bigger as they leveled, as I thought that would be awesome, particularly for Ents. Anyways, I needed to come up with a formula that would let me put in any starting size, finishing size, and max level, and give consistant scaling throughout. so change one of them and hte others are all the same at min and max and scale evenly between.

The example I used was dungeon keper, which spawned my now 2nd project ongoing at the same time. So I've been working on Ent Seed and Keeper all weekend shen I should have been studying for my classes :p That and I finished my skin for TexComp7.

You're welcome to join in on Keeper, but it has virtually no mapping needed and is like 90 % triggers and custom scripts. Keeper would be ANOTHER type of melee that is different, though keeper is Drastically different. (you don't give your units orders that is all AI stuff.

Level 17
Ill jump on keeper as soon as ent seed is done :p I got to keep on only one project so I can keep up at school.

Lol. Im in first year university. I'm still crazy enough to take up 2 projects at once. :p

The downside I suppose is that neither one of them gets ALL of the available time for the mod. But I have people helping me on both who are not working on other projects. :)

Level 17
Sounds doable. I have a 12 page essay due tuesday though, so I doubt I'll do any work for wc3 till its done. So I shall tell you when I am once again available. - Class cancelled today, so my hiatus starts tomorrow.

I need to remove the unused animations for the Ancient Buildings, as the unused data makes the files huge. After I shrink them a bit I'll give the outland Ancient a try.

------------------------------------------------
Edit: I'm Baack!
------------------------------------------------

I'm back, but I think I'll be working primarily on scripts and such at the moment, then I'll do more models/skins.

Last edited:
Level 17
Update. I have functional taxing systems. I'll be implementing damage for if you can't pay your taxes, then I'll be on to the next part of the Jass that needs doing.

I looked it over, and the techtrees are Way too sparse. I like the evolution/growth Idea, but the way you have it there are far too few options.

Once the general engine is finished, the techtree needs some serious revamping. I'll worry about the engine first though, and then I'll playtest the map with some people to get suggestions about how to revamp it.

Level 3
I need a villager male 2 model with marine animations. My animation transferer doesnt work (cant launch the program, says something about file missing or invalid) and i really need that model. Please, help me!

Level 17
I need a villager male 2 model with marine animations. My animation transferer doesnt work (cant launch the program, says something about file missing or invalid) and i really need that model. Please, help me!

That belongs in the model request section or at least the modeling section, not in the thread for a specific map in progress, in this case EntSeed. Please request models there.

Level 23
Hmmm, is it possible I could help with the terrain? I take it is a lush forest theme? or a decaying forest? I could get the swamp effect/color and the river color to be differet.

Um, would you mind custom doodads to be added? Even if they are from other people?

Status
Not open for further replies.