• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mortar Wars 1.4 AI Beta

Reactions: ILH and HeX.16
Mortar Wars
Player: 10 Players
Objective: Kill your enemy until the point has been determined
By: ToBeX

Updated:
-Remove lacking triggers
-Edited Items.
-Refix some bugs (Heroes, Triggers, Players, etc).
-Edited some items & hero units.
-Changing hero skill

Keywords:
mortar,team,wars,hero,mini,ToBeX
Contents

Mortar Wars 1.4 AI Beta (Map)

Reviews
10:42, 16th May 2009 by bounty hunter2: A not so original mini game, however proves to be fun. Approved with a 2/5 (Lacking) rating. You can find my full review at post #2.

M

10:42, 16th May 2009 by bounty hunter2:
A not so original mini game, however proves to be fun. Approved with a 2/5 (Lacking) rating.

You can find my full review at post #2.

Level 18
bounty hunter2's Review on Mortar Wars 1.0

Mortar Wars 1.0 is a mini game, where you seize control over a mortar team and must collect a number of kills to win.

The terrain is better then the previous versions, yet you overused blizzard cliffs, aswell as not enough dodoads were placed. However I liked the advantages and disadvantages that the terrain could serve for a player.

The map isn't original, the idea has been seen before. Your can't differ to much, but it has it charms, it is quite fun to play actually and it has an AI, no matter how lacking it is.

The spells aren't much, regular warcraft ones renamed, you should GUI your spells atleast. Further more, the map lacked more items, and upgrades. You could have added various game modes.

Everyone starts at the same point and they are vurnable. Either make them invurnable for twenty seconds of start or make players start on different places.

The packaging lacks heavily, you should add more info, tags and images.

Overall nothing original, has it lacks, yet it is quite fun to play, congratulations on your first Approved with a 2/5 (Lacking) rating.

Level 9
What is this map, I dont even.

I tried playing it with somee friends, there were no enemies, the grammar was poor and there were no instructions whatsoever.

0/5

Level 7
Here is a review P:

Well I was recently saw this map and as it looked good, so I decided to give it a review.

So here is the review, Hope you enjoy and use my ideas and criticism to help improve your map.

*NOTE I PLAYED A VARIETY OF DIFFERENT TANKS*

• The variety of spells
  • The variety of heroes
  • Custom gameplay
  • Nice working AI

• No Bugs
  • No Glitches
  • All of the game worked

• You can just keep buying items over and over until you run out of gold (Items like ANKH of Reincarnation for example have very little cooldown/next to no cooldown on them allowing you to buy as many as you want provided you have the gold)
  • It keeps locating you back into a group at random times
  • Sometimes the camera makes the game a bit hard but I did not notice that too much

• Include the credits in the description and you could also include a Youtube video to spice up the map before people download it.
  • Add a proper change-log and/or an upcoming updates log so we know what you are working on fixing/adding

• A custom loading screen would make the map better
  • A Timer (See Suggestions Relocating)

I was recently playing this map not knowing anything when it randomly relocated me and the other tanks into a group again which really annoyed me as I was buying stuff in the shop at the time.

So, I was thinking maybe you could add a timer in the bottom left hand corner of the map, that says relocating in - 5mins and counts down to 0 and when it hits 0 you get relocated to the other tanks.

I was recently playing this map and realized that I did not like the tank/hero that I had chosen and wanted to re-pick.

I was thinking you could a command "re-pick" which lets you re-pick your hero for either all of your heroes levels or a certain amount of gold. This command would be for people who want to use it to get a new hero.

Overall, the map is a fun and enjoyable in a way. It has no bugs/glitches and everything seemed to in working order. I would suggest this map to my friends if they wanted to try a new age hero arena type map.

I Vote for Approval and would give it a 3/5 It doesn't get 5 as there are still a few cons and things which could be fixed/removed or tidied up

All in all hope you liked my review as much as I enjoyed playing your map,
Lag_Reviews P:

PS: I'd love to here your feedback on my suggestions and can't wait to see what you can bring to this map in the future P:

Level 7

Well I was recently saw this map and as it looked good, so I decided to give it a review.

So here is the review, Hope you enjoy and use my ideas and criticism to help improve your map.

*NOTE I PLAYED A VARIETY OF DIFFERENT TANKS*

• The variety of spells
  • The variety of heroes
  • Custom gameplay
  • Nice working AI

• No Bugs
  • No Glitches
  • All of the game worked

• You can just keep buying items over and over until you run out of gold (Items like ANKH of Reincarnation for example have very little cooldown/next to no cooldown on them allowing you to buy as many as you want provided you have the gold)
  • It keeps locating you back into a group at random times
  • Sometimes the camera makes the game a bit hard but I did not notice that too much

• Include the credits in the description and you could also include a Youtube video to spice up the map before people download it.
  • Add a proper change-log and/or an upcoming updates log so we know what you are working on fixing/adding

• A custom loading screen would make the map better
  • A Timer (See Suggestions Relocating)

I was recently playing this map not knowing anything when it randomly relocated me and the other tanks into a group again which really annoyed me as I was buying stuff in the shop at the time.

So, I was thinking maybe you could add a timer in the bottom left hand corner of the map, that says relocating in - 5mins and counts down to 0 and when it hits 0 you get relocated to the other tanks.

I was recently playing this map and realized that I did not like the tank/hero that I had chosen and wanted to re-pick.

I was thinking you could a command "re-pick" which lets you re-pick your hero for either all of your heroes levels or a certain amount of gold. This command would be for people who want to use it to get a new hero.

Overall, the map is a fun and enjoyable in a way. It has no bugs/glitches and everything seemed to in working order. I would suggest this map to my friends if they wanted to try a new age hero arena type map.

I Vote for Approval and would give it a 3/5 It doesn't get 5 as there are still a few cons and things which could be fixed/removed or tidied up

All in all hope you liked my review as much as I enjoyed playing your map,
Lag_Reviews P:

PS: I'd love to here your feedback on my suggestions and can't wait to see what you can bring to this map in the future P:

Thanks for the comment
i'll refix this map :thumbs_up: