• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

More enforcement needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Sadly, the maps and skins section are flooded every day. I log on, it say, "New Resources: 19." I correctly guess that at least 5 of each are maps or skins. And the majority areCRAP!
I think we need a little more moderation on that area, because AquaFzt and dota are submitting lots of outdated and stupid versions of dota, some that only work with 1.15!!
And with skins, a lot of the pour in because people are very lazy and just want a skin ready for approval, which ends up in their ass getting attacked by critics, which the makers flame them back for. And the "Most Downloaded Skin" is some paint-made Darth Vader which Final Fantasies 7 just clicked like 700 times just to be popular. This is sad, we need more quality enforcement on these areas. The best way is to give people like Seagull, oz02 if not already, and some other moderators the ability to moderate other sections

EDIT: Also, the Download counters should only count per IP address because Final_Fantasies-7 was abusing the download counter just to get his skin attention

Level 5
I agree with the idea of allowing 1 rating/dl for Ip.its a good way to tell whethere or not they are abusing it. I think if the noobs are warned once for submitted a crappy skin, but they dont listen ban them for a week. then if they still dont listen. ban them permanently.

Level 22
A new mod for what?

Do keep in mind that maps are different then skins in the way that a 5 minute one can be differentiated. A five minute skin showns more talent then a five minute map. Since all the maps on this site more or less has at least a minimum level of effort put into them, I generally keep them all up so mappers can get proper feedback and help improve their skills. Thats my policy, not Darky's. If he wants me to change my approach, I will, but for now I only remove the stuff that violates the rules.

As for the DOTA maps, all the obsolete versions of ones released by the same author have been removed. You will still see several different kinds of DOTA maps in the map section, but they all will have been made/modified by different authors.
-VGsatomi

Level 12
Realizing how much **@p there was in the map section, I just stopped testing them out. I think it's sad that so many people are regularly doing something either stupid or not credible.

Level 7
a problem is, that most people think their skins/modles/maps/spells/whatever are quite good or the best ones. not many people will say: "ok, my skin isn't good". while bad skins can be detected easily, it's another thing to test all maps out, like SeaGull1723 already mentioned. i would suggest to limit the uploads/person per week to sth. like 1-3.

i personally look always, whether my ressources are worth to upload (and worth to test/play :wink: )or whether they are crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.